The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #281
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
There's incoming Lego Leatherhead and Metalhead? That's great news!
Not incoming as we know of, just that it'd be great if they made future sets that incorporated them. If LEGO makes future sets, which they'd be silly not to do given the popularity of the line.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 AM   #282
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Small update on the Donnie's Lab PDFs

got an e-mail reply.

Quote:
Dear <Zulithe>,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am so sorry that you are getting an error message on the Turtles area of our website. We have passed your information to the web team so that they can take a look and get that fixed up for you right away! Please allow for a couple of business days for us to figure out how to get it fixed, and if it continues to happen to you, please let us know- so that we can try again!

Thank you again for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call one of our friendly Customer Care Advisors at 1-800-835-4386 (from within the US or Canada) or 1-860-749-0706 (from outside the US or Canada). We are available Monday through Friday from 8AM - 10PM EST and Saturday through Sunday from 10AM to 6PM EST. Please have your reference number handy if you need to get in touch with us: 032623416A

Happy building!

Sarah
LEGO Consumer Services
I'm not the first to get a response but I just wanted to share. Hopefully the website fix will go up soon.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #283
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #284
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Love pixel Dans reviews
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #285
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Who here owns the LEGO Shellraiser? Reviewers on amazon are not very happy with this set, citing that the vehicle does not hold together well. What are your thoughts?

Mine should arrive today but I probably won't have time to build it until the weekend.

Here is the amazon page with the reviews
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #286
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3brix View Post
Would you checkout <my website> and look at the Lego Tmnt classic sets
And tell me your opinion! Plz
Hey.
We welcome discussion and sharing your creations here, in fact I think your buildings are nice, but you should NOT only be on this forum to advertise!

You have made 5 posts so far and every one of your posts is an ad for your site. Please stop.

I recommend looking on google if you don't know how to upload and link images on forums. It is a very basic thing to know and I'm quite shocked if you are able to operate a wordpress site yet don't even know how to use BBCODE on a forum...
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #287
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Who here owns the LEGO Shellraiser? Reviewers on amazon are not very happy with this set, citing that the vehicle does not hold together well. What are your thoughts?

Mine should arrive today but I probably won't have time to build it until the weekend.

Here is the amazon page with the reviews
Honestly, I have to agree abit. The van itself seems like it doesn't have enough support on the bottom. Fell apart on me a couple of times while building it, but it seems fine now that its built.

I can imagine this set not being the best for kids that actually want to play with it lol
__________________
A small blog that a friend of mine and I started reviewing some games of all genre's. Stop by if you have a second.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #288
C3brix
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Hey.
We welcome discussion and sharing your creations here, in fact I think your buildings are nice, but you should NOT only be on this forum to advertise!

You have made 5 posts so far and every one of your posts is an ad for your site. Please stop.

I recommend looking on google if you don't know how to upload and link images on forums. It is a very basic thing to know and I'm quite shocked if you are able to operate a wordpress site yet don't even know how to use BBCODE on a forum...
I never ment to offend and am a huge Tmnt fan! I apologize and just wanted to share my pics not to advertise or sell anything!
C3brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #289
C3brix
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Hey.
We welcome discussion and sharing your creations here, in fact I think your buildings are nice, but you should NOT only be on this forum to advertise!

You have made 5 posts so far and every one of your posts is an ad for your site. Please stop.

I recommend looking on google if you don't know how to upload and link images on forums. It is a very basic thing to know and I'm quite shocked if you are able to operate a wordpress site yet don't even know how to use BBCODE on a forum...
The only reason I posted the website was because I did not know how to upload photos and to make friends on the site! I will google how to do o as you recommended and do such if I am still welcome?
C3brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #290
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Who here owns the LEGO Shellraiser? Reviewers on amazon are not very happy with this set, citing that the vehicle does not hold together well. What are your thoughts?

Mine should arrive today but I probably won't have time to build it until the weekend.

Here is the amazon page with the reviews
I personally Love It. There are some bits that are put together with 1x1 bricks that probably could have been done with 1x2 bricks instead that would have made some parts feel a little bit more stable, but overall I've been able to have some fun doing little chases with other lego pieces.

The weirdest / best part is in order to give it a sort of curved top they used the 1x2 hinge blocks, 1x2 window pieces, 1x2 L-bricks, and a 1x6 flat piece. The idea being you build the hinge+window+L-bricks then close the hinge so the L-bricks rest on the flat piece. There are four in each corner and they can be a little weak since they have no real suport besides the bottom.

Another part I see people have problems with is the Wheels, you just need to make sure you have them properly adjusted and all four will roll when you roll the Shellraiser.

The one word of caution I have on the set is the Pizza Van, which slipped out of my hand during transport and upon impact with the ground literally exploded into all of its origin pieces again, nothing was left, and I had to rebuild.


Again opinions will be what the will be, but I love the set and have had a lot of fun with it,
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #291
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
Honestly, I have to agree abit. The van itself seems like it doesn't have enough support on the bottom. Fell apart on me a couple of times while building it, but it seems fine now that its built.

I can imagine this set not being the best for kids that actually want to play with it lol
Sad to hear. Well hopefully I can build mine Fri or Sat. I've read about a lot of people customizing their Shellraiser to be more sturdy. I might look into that if it is an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3brix View Post
The only reason I posted the website was because I did not know how to upload photos and to make friends on the site! I will google how to do o as you recommended and do such if I am still welcome?
You are welcome just please try to observe some common courtesy, if you have something to share please do. My advice is to put your website URL in your signature if you want people to know about it. You can get a free account at imgur.com or minus.com or just link images from your website. These are all pretty easy things to figure out on your own. Anyone who has their own blog such as yourself should have ZERO problems figuring this stuff out. Be adventurous and experiment, learn on your own and you'll likely remember it better that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
I personally Love It. There are some bits that are put together with 1x1 bricks that probably could have been done with 1x2 bricks instead that would have made some parts feel a little bit more stable, but overall I've been able to have some fun doing little chases with other lego pieces.

The weirdest / best part is in order to give it a sort of curved top they used the 1x2 hinge blocks, 1x2 window pieces, 1x2 L-bricks, and a 1x6 flat piece. The idea being you build the hinge+window+L-bricks then close the hinge so the L-bricks rest on the flat piece. There are four in each corner and they can be a little weak since they have no real suport besides the bottom.

Another part I see people have problems with is the Wheels, you just need to make sure you have them properly adjusted and all four will roll when you roll the Shellraiser.

The one word of caution I have on the set is the Pizza Van, which slipped out of my hand during transport and upon impact with the ground literally exploded into all of its origin pieces again, nothing was left, and I had to rebuild.


Again opinions will be what the will be, but I love the set and have had a lot of fun with it,
Thanks, really detailed examination and some nice tips. I saw some videos showing how the wheels adjust and I found it impressive. Can't wait to put it together.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #292
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
I would love to see them come out with a few more convention exclusive mini-figures.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #293
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
It is possible... they do new LEGO Star Wars exclusives for conventions all the time. If it happens again I suspect around the time of the TMNT live action movie, where LEGO could do a whole new wave of stuff for the film.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #294
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
Would love a shredder! Or give me a random, obscure character that won't have a regular set release.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #295
DonatelloRules
Random Punk
 
DonatelloRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 24
I own the Shellraiser, Shredder's Dragon Bike, Kraang Lab Escape, and Stealth Shell in Pursuit.
__________________
DonatelloRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #296
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloRules View Post
I own the Shellraiser, Shredder's Dragon Bike, Kraang Lab Escape, and Stealth Shell in Pursuit.
Nice Raph's stealth shell vehicle is really rad looking, and I love the Shredder minifigure.

Thanks to TMNTClassics for these. No new sets (yet) just some cool ads. These are from the LEGO Club magazine, which is free by the way. sign up on lego.com



Last edited by Zulithe; 01-26-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #297
C3brix
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
An idiot and their money are soon parted.
I hope nobody reading this buys that pizza box.
You can get all the pieces on bricklink for pennies each and can recreate the box in photoshop and print it on high-quality board to fold. sheesh.

minifigures are different because they are harder to recreate. I still don't think they are worth anywhere near $250 each but that's for you to decide.

I see you found my design! This Lego set is my creation! Do you like it?
C3brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #298
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
yes it is fantastic! i hope to see more of your builds
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #299
C3brix
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
yes it is fantastic! i hope to see more of your builds
Thank you! the technodrome is done and on my website! The Tmnt turtle blimp will be done in a opulent weeks!!!


C3brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #300
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
^Very nice custom man. Bravo!

-----

Just discovered Rockefeller Kraang (in torn android body) and Dark Leonardo. Apparently they're special edition for past event only.

The price on eBay can reach from $250 and above, each! Lego pls release them to the public soon, I can't with those money grabbing psychopaths.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.