The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Episodes best to worst

Kind of pointless thread but whatever
Here is all episodes from best to worst! I will add more as they air

'it came from the depths'
'I, monster '
'the gauntlet
'new girl in town
'never say xever'
'mousers attack'
'rise of the turtles pt 2'
Rise of the turtles pt 1'
' I think his name is Baxter stockman'
'panic in the sewers'
'metalhead'( personally I'm just tired of watching reruns of this one)
'monkey brains'
'new friend, old enemy'
' turtle temper '

That's all!
Now you rank the epsiodes

Last edited by snake; 02-02-2013 at 12:52 PM.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
The Gauntlet
It Came From The Depths
I, Monster
Never Say Xever
Rise of The Turtles
Mousers Attack
New Girl In Town
New Friend, Old Enemy
I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
Monkey Brains
Turtle Temper
Panic In The Sewers
Metalhead

That's not to say I dislike the lower episodes. Metalhead did drive me nuts though... Donnie suddenly can't use his bo to hurt Kraangdroids? Even though he was doing it with ease in earlier episodes. Leo can't find a weak spot on Metalhead even though the little alien blob controlling him is perched right on his head, literally inches away from their strikes. Gah!

Last edited by ToTheNines; 02-03-2013 at 09:42 AM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Your list is pretty close to what I'd do. I agree 'turtle temper' is my least fav, not to say it is bad or anything. Spider Bytez is my least favorite character introduced so far.

in my order I'd put 'new girl in town' as #1 but 'it came from the depths' and your other top 3 are good choices.

And LOL I agree about the metalhead reruns
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
tengushredder
Foot Soldier
 
tengushredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: argentina
Posts: 170
best :gauntlet,worst: monkey brains...can't stand that monkey
tengushredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post

. Metalhead did drive me nuts though... Donnie suddenly can't use his bo to hurt Kraangdroids? Even though he was doing it with ease in earlier episodes. Leo can't find a weak spot on Metalhead even though the little alien blob controlling him is perched right on his head, literally inches away from their strikes. Gah!
Forgot to mention that, it was annoying to see Donny's Bo staff being labeled "useless" I always thought he had a really cool weapon, that was so simple but effective.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #6
Irishmile
Hench Mutant
 
Irishmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
'metalhead'( personally I'm just tired of watching reruns of this one)
gotta sell those toys lol
__________________
Irishmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Yeah, no offense to the writing team but "Metalhead" honestly felt like they just took the first draft and ran with it.

Very fun episode though, and I loved seeing their take on one of my favorite semi-obscure characters.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmile View Post
gotta sell those toys lol
Well, it worked I can never find any metalheads in the stores ( not that I need one, I have him already)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
1)New girl in town
2)it came from the depths
......everything else is equal XD which means the rest are my 3rd favs....so don't have a worst!!XD
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Top 5 best (#1 being the best)

New Girl In Town
The Gauntlet
Rise Of The Turtles
New Friend, Old Enemy
It Came From The Depths

Top 5 Worst (#1 being the worst)

Turtle Temper
Monkey Brains
I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
Panic In The Sewers
Mousers Attack!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Top 5 best (#1 being the best)

New Girl In Town
The Gauntlet
Rise Of The Turtles
New Friend, Old Enemy
It Came From The Depths

Top 5 Worst (#1 being the worst)

Turtle Temper
Monkey Brains
I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
Panic In The Sewers
Mousers Attack!
Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like mousers attack.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
Shredded
Foot Soldier
 
Shredded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 228
Well.. thus far there hasn't been one single downright bad episode.

It'll probably come, all good series has at least one bad episode, that just happens when you are a lot of people working on a weekly show. But thus far.. none of these episodes are bad!

So it would be really hard for me to make a full list, how-ever. My top four probably would be.. and the order of episodes are just randomn here.

The Gauntlet
Panick in the sewers
Leatherhead
and I'monster

I am a geek, so I want to take a closer look at why these... which is sort of ironic as these are some of the newest episode and came out almost in a row. Or maybe that makes perfect sense since it's actually not that many episodes that has come out, and the turtles and the show has just recently truly found their footing, thus make more solid episodes. any-ways.

"The Gauntlet."
Was really an episode that deeply impressed me, it really dug into me and involved me.
It used a very clever structure this episode.. it spend the entire episode to build up a sense of falls security, for one reason and one reason only. To have the Shredder come and tear all of that down in less than a minute.
Wauw.. just.. one thing is merely introducing him. Another is taken the time to build that security that the Shredder just shatters right there. Brilliant build-up, and it managed making even me, a grown woman, feeling scared. And that's just brilliant!

"Panick in the Sewers."
Brilliant build further on the ending of the gauntlet, that vast empty feeling of defeat and being powerless against their enemies.
The episode took the feeling all-ready introduced, and explored it, which was a brilliant strike. It was the feeling in this episode that really sold it, the turtles did feel powerless and scared and then over-came their own fear in a spectacular brilliant fight-scene.
Also a nice touch that this episodes lesson was directed towards Splinter not the turtles.

"Leatherhead."
Mikey... oh Mikey, this is your most adorable incarnation to date. You are just so damn sincere in this show!
Just that picture of giant leatherhead sitting with tiny Mikey in front of him.. daww.
But really, it was the interactions between Mikey and Leatherhead that elevated this episode so much. Their bonding seemed really sincere and the dynamic between the two, just pitch perfect, it was damn memorable and I just can't wait for leatherhead to show up agin.

"I'Monster."
Splinter fighting the turtles.. and it looked awesome!
Also, one of the biggest. "Oh snap." moments of the entire show. "He has being going easy on us for all of these years!" .. oh snap.
But again, what elevated this episode were that the emotions and stakes felt real, the thought of the turtles facing Splinter were a genuine scary thought and the episode delivered on it.
I actually really like it when this Splinter gets some focus, he is an interesting character to me, and even though I knew the show is called. "Teenage turtles." I often find myself saying "Daww, but I want to learn more about Splinter!" which is not a bad thing really, and when it finally does happen, like it did in this episode, it feels worthwhile.
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Turtle Temper was the weakest. Dumb villain, rehashed Kraang fight and Splinter even retold the same origin story.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Mine:
Top 5 best (#1 being the best)

It Came From The Depths
New Girl In Town
I Monster
Never Say Xever
New Friend, Old Enemy

Top 5 Worst (#1 being the worst)

Turtle Temper
Monkey Brains
The Gauntlet
Panic In The Sewers
Rise of the Turles

I dislike The Gauntlet because the 75% of the episode I dislike and the shredder battle is the only part I enjoyed. I hate rise of the turtles just because I have watched it so many times its boring to watch it ever again.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
There hasn't been a bad episode since. I like all of them. Yes, sometimes they can get boring if you see them too many times. It's the same thing that happens to me when certain episodes or movies I like play constantly. For example, there are cable stations that kept playing Van Helsing. I like that movie, but I have to be in the mood to enjoy it. There are just days when I'm not in the mood or that I'm bored by it. Still, it doesn't mean they're becoming part of my worst list. I may get bored with Star Wars, but it's still fun.

Back on topic. I'd like to name my Top 5, but it changes constantly. Still, I haven't found an episode where I've said, "Absolute piece of crap!" We've gotten nothing but good episodes straight. Now and then, I don't like Mousers Attack or Metalhead because I feel they could have been written better, but they are some good episodes - especially entertaining.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #16
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
1. 'new friend, old enemy'
2. 'the gauntlet
3. 'metalhead'
4. 'I, monster '
5. 'it came frame the depths'
6. 'panic in the sewers'
7. 'rise of the turtles pt 2'
8. 'rise of the turtles pt 1'
9. 'mousers attack'
10. 'new girl in town
11. 'never say xever'
12. ' I think his name is Baxter stockman'
13. 'monkey brains'
14. ' turtle temper '
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
Vegeta
Hench Mutant
 
Vegeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 398
It came from the depths #1. The second episode was my least favorite. My memory isn't good enough to rank the rest. Episode 2 was really weak.
__________________
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
The Gauntlet
I, Monster
It Came From the Depths
New Girl in Town
Never Say Xever
Mousers Attack
New Friend, Old Enemy
Rise of the Turtles - I & II
I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman
Panic In the Sewers
Metalhead
Monkey Brains
Turtle Temper

Last edited by NinjaPug; 02-02-2013 at 09:28 PM.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #19
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I don't understand the hate for "Panic in the Sewers". To me it felt like a clever nod to the basic story plots of the original cartoon. If anything that's been my favorite episode thus far.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I don't understand the hate for "Panic in the Sewers". To me it felt like a clever nod to the basic story plots of the original cartoon. If anything that's been my favorite episode thus far.
It's an awful follow up to The Gauntlet.

We go from Shredder nearly killing the turtles and Splinter basically saying they aren't ****ing around with The Foot to a silly plot of blowing up the sewers, with April delivering walkie talkie pizzas and, to quote Shredder, go karts and water balloons.

I still like it, it was a fun episode. But definitely one of the weakest.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.