The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #21
Shredded
Foot Soldier
 
Shredded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
It's an awful follow up to The Gauntlet.

We go from Shredder nearly killing the turtles and Splinter basically saying they aren't ****ing around with The Foot to a silly plot of blowing up the sewers, with April delivering walkie talkie pizzas and, to quote Shredder, go karts and water balloons.

I still like it, it was a fun episode. But definitely one of the weakest.
Cause the Shredder blowing up the entire sewer system thereby killing not only Splinter, but probably also thousands of people as it would cause buildings to collaps on top of the blown up foundation. In a kids show. Is such light stuff right?

The oddest thing about that episode is that the Shredder didn't just try again, I know they went all.
"This is highly rare chemicals, we only have this one tank."
But.. come on. Oh well I guess the Shredder decided he wanted to kill Splinter personally after all.

All though, just think about the implications here! this Shredder were litterately ready to sacrifice thousands of lifes just to get to Splinter, blowing up the entire sewer system would mean thousands of lifes wasted! buildings would have caved in, people would have been caught in the exploisons, fires were likely to start. It would be mayham in New york city!

Last edited by Shredded; 02-03-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #22
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
Cause the Shredder blowing up the entire sewer system thereby killing not only Splinter, but probably also thousands of people as it would cause buildings to collaps on top of the blown up foundation. In a kids show. Is such light stuff right?

The oddest thing about that episode is that the Shredder didn't just try again, I know they went all.
"This is highly rare chemicals, we only have this one tank."
But.. come on. Oh well I guess the Shredder decided he wanted to kill Splinter personally after all.

All though, just think about the implications here! this Shredder were litterately ready to sacrifice thousands of lifes just to get to Splinter, blowing up the entire sewer system would mean thousands of lifes wasted! buildings would have caved in, people would have been caught in the exploisons, fires were likely to start. It would be mayham in New york city!
I never looked at it that way, shredders pretty hardcore with his plans.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
Shredded
Foot Soldier
 
Shredded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
I never looked at it that way, shredders pretty hardcore with his plans.
He doesn't **** around...

He send Xever and Bradford after the turtles, intending to kill them. Not capture them or any-thing. Just kill them.

He went after the turtles personally, because he wanted to kill them.

He was ready to blow up the entire new-york underground, just to kill one man.

Why did he send Karai out there? cause he wanted her to kill them, nothing else. Also why he got so pissed when she didn't do it.

Only thing I kind of need to see now is his hench-men suffering genuine consequences for failing, I mean.. yeah sure the Shredder threatens them a lot, and in the beginning, you do believe him, but he needs to follow up his threats with consequences at some point so it wont seems as pretentious.

Just.. please don't start di-composing Stockman limb for limb, the dude suffered enough the last time around.

Last edited by Shredded; 02-03-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #24
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Turtle Temper was the weakest. Dumb villain, rehashed Kraang fight and Splinter even retold the same origin story.
I hate it so much when people write like that!..incredible...the episode turtle temper is NOT weak...you only feel that way about it, that doesnt hold any truth or fact to your statement!...

I recently rewatched turtle temper and I would absolutelly hold it very high in my list..why?it just felt comfortable and offered exciting dynamic action in the opening rooftop fight, the music was again awesome and presented a key from the first turtles movie even(someone on the drome mentioned that back when it aired, I wouldnt have caught that myself on the first few tries(if ever) even so I know the musc of the first movie by heart...)
the message in the episode is a pretty useful one and not seldomely vital one to many of us in real life!I mean dont tell me you have never had to deal with somebody in your life that just drove you nuts...but the way to get the day over with a smile was to learn to concentrate on the important thing and cut away anything too funky for you to cope with?
splinters story was not at all the same than in the second episode!it dealt around the same people but it highlighted a whole different point and his phrase 'it was I who turned his words into weapons!' still echoes in my head and brings a smile onto my face for my show comes up with such simple yet true wisdom, its such a joy!
we finally saw spike participate in a scene a little longer...and splinters 'proof of your existence..in high definition..'line were all hillarious moments in the show so far...
I dont get this hating on episode 3....
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #25
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
1. The Gauntlet
2. It Came From The Depths
3. Never Say Xever
4. Mousers Attack
5. New Girl in Town
6. I, Monster
7. Panic in the Sewers
8. Rise of the Turtles, Part 2
9. New Friend, Old Enemy
10. Rise of the Turtles, Part 1
11. Metalhead
12. Monkey Brains
13. I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman
14. Turtle Temper
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
The Guantlet gets número uno in my book. Can't rank the rest. I do like Turtle Temper and can't see why New Girl in Town would be ranked one on some lists. Fresh in people's minds?
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #27
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Does everyone like The Gauntlet so much just because it had the Shredder in action against the Turtles?

I do like what the producers are doing with Shredder - they said the plan is to do something big with him every 8-9 episodes. That way they don't overuse him too fast.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #28
tengushredder
Foot Soldier
 
tengushredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: argentina
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
The Guantlet gets número uno in my book. Can't rank the rest. I do like Turtle Temper and can't see why New Girl in Town would be ranked one on some lists. Fresh in people's minds?
LOL i was thinking the same, it wasnt bad but not much for be #1
tengushredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #29
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Does everyone like The Gauntlet so much just because it had the Shredder in action against the Turtles?
The fact that he kicked their asses and the nods to Mirage #1. Yeah.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
I liked Panic in the Sewers for restoring the Turtles confidence and taking back Splinter a couple of diles.

But I did kinda zone out during the huge driving sequence. It went on a bit too long for my tastes, they probably only did it to see Playmates buggy toys.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #31
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I liked Panic in the Sewers for restoring the Turtles confidence and taking back Splinter a couple of diles.

But I did kinda zone out during the huge driving sequence. It went on a bit too long for my tastes, they probably only did it to see Playmates buggy toys.
Are you kidding? The car chase was my favorite part of the entire episode!!!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #32
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
If I had to rank the episodes the it would be:
14. Rise Of The Turtles (part 1)
13. I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
12.Rise Of The Turtles (part 2)
11. Mousers Attack!
10. Turtle Temper
9. Monkey Brains
8. Panic In The Sewers
7. I, Monster
6. The Gauntlet
5. New Friend, Old Enemy
4. Metalhead
3. New Girl In Town
2. It Came From The Depths
1. Never Say Xever

But that's just me...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #33
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
the message in the episode is a pretty useful one and not seldomely vital one to many of us in real life!I mean dont tell me you have never had to deal with somebody in your life that just drove you nuts...but the way to get the day over with a smile was to learn to concentrate on the important thing and cut away anything too funky for you to cope with?
Yeah the Messege is good, some people on the technodrome fourms drive me bonkers
But I don't really like spider-bytes or Vic so they made the episode bad for me
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #34
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAndDonnie View Post
If I had to rank the episodes the it would be:
14. Rise Of The Turtles (part 1)
13. I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
12.Rise Of The Turtles (part 2)
11. Mousers Attack!
10. Turtle Temper
9. Monkey Brains
8. Panic In The Sewers
7. I, Monster
6. The Gauntlet
5. New Friend, Old Enemy
4. Metalhead
3. New Girl In Town
2. It Came From The Depths
1. Never Say Xever

But that's just me...
Wait are these going worst to best?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #35
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Wait are these going worst to best?
Oh yeah that's worst to best. I'm used to ordering things like that.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #36
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAndDonnie View Post
Oh yeah that's worst to best. I'm used to ordering things like that.
Ok, I was wondering why " it came from the depths" was so low
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #37
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
they said the plan is to do something big with him every 8-9 episodes..
They said that? That's really cool, I honestly can't wait to see him again. So let's see, "The Gauntlet" was episode #9, and this week we'll be seeing episode #15, so, if that statement is true, we'll be seeing Shredder in action again in either 2 or 3 weeks (that is, if we keep getting a new episode every week).
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #38
Forneus
Thug
 
Forneus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 77
IMO, from best to worst. Not a single lemon in the bunch IMO. This was way harder than I expected and I don't feel sure at all. Some really great episodes and some really amazing ones. Couple of good ones. And these are the worst. The good eps!

1. The Gauntlet/Enter Shredder
2. New Girl In Town
3. I, Monster
4. It Came From The Depths
5. Never Say Xever
6. New Friend, Old Enemy
7. Panic in the Sewers
8. Mousers Attack!
9. Rise Of The Turtles Part 2
10. Rise Of The Turtles Part 1
11. I Think His Name Is Baxter Stockman
12. Metalhead
13. Monkey Brains
14. Turtle Temper
__________________
"The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father. If only I could be so grossly incandescent"
Forneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.