The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
the way IDW is better then 4Kids, Shredder is an ancestor and not her actual father/grandfather, she is just using the term grandfather for as an honorific.

I can see Saki and Karai split the Foot into their own factions. But I'd much prefer a more Mirage Karai
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #22
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Here's one I can't believe I forgot.

Splinter relating to Raphael's angry nature. In the Nick show he whoops Saki for insulting him which eventually leads to him trying to take Yoshi down, killing Shen in the process. In IDW Yoshi calls him out in front of the whole clan and quits, getting Shen killed immediately and then the rest of them years later.

Also, the turtles acquire a canister of mutagen in "Monkey Brains" just like April did in her Microseries issue (confirmed that she held on to it in #17). No hints as to what they plan to do with it in either series.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 01-10-2013 at 02:40 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #23
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier
 
Vi11AiN6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 198
Totally separate

IDW and the Nick show have nothing to do with each other.
Turtles are totally different, Apris is totally different.
I like the cartoon Mikey steals every scene)
However I love IDW's version more than anything.
IDW is taking the best elements from the entire franchise and putting their own spin on it.

Personally I like IDW's version more than Peter's take with vol. 4.
I felt like the last Mirage run was depressing and didn't seem to go anywhere.
IDW is the bomb!

New cartoon is fun, but it's kid's version of the Turtles.
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #24
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi11AiN6 View Post
IDW and the Nick show have nothing to do with each other.
Turtles are totally different, Apris is totally different.
I like the cartoon Mikey steals every scene)
However I love IDW's version more than anything.
IDW is taking the best elements from the entire franchise and putting their own spin on it.

Personally I like IDW's version more than Peter's take with vol. 4.
I felt like the last Mirage run was depressing and didn't seem to go anywhere.
IDW is the bomb!

New cartoon is fun, but it's kid's version of the Turtles.
There's parallels between all tmnt incarnations. Nobody said this is a comic version of the Nick toon. I haven't seen the show but I'll assume Caseys dad isn't an abusive alcoholic.
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #25
ironman29758
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
There's parallels between all tmnt incarnations. Nobody said this is a comic version of the Nick toon. I haven't seen the show but I'll assume Caseys dad isn't an abusive alcoholic.
Well we'll find out in season 2 when he appears

I personally feel the Nick Turtles is more or less trying to be the 2012 remake/darker version of the 80s Turtles(theme song, Krang/kraang and shredder, Bebop and rocksteady-Dogpound and Fishface,origin, mutagen, etc) and at times I feel like it's basically a CGI version of the 80s cartoon with elements of the comics, 4kids cartoons and the movies more than it feels like a combo of various turtles from 80 cartoon, Mirage comics, the movies, 4kids Turtles, etc. while IDW Turtles feels like a combination of various TMNT stories told in a new, creative way for a more mature audience/teens and adults.

While Nick Teens is more for an audience of all ages(especially kids) while creating a new audience of turtles fans.

Last edited by ironman29758; 02-24-2013 at 08:34 PM.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Vi11AiN6, I don't think you understand the thread, it's about paralleles/similarities between them, it's not saying every detail is the same, just there are some distinct similarities.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
General Traag works for Krang (or the Kraang) in both.

Does anyone besides me find it interesting that IDW spells his name as, "Tragg" yet Nick keeps the original spelling of, "Traag?"
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #28
Martin
Stone Warrior
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
General Traag works for Krang (or the Kraang) in both
Ehm, when did Traag appear in the nick toon? or rather when will he appear? I'm guessing finale but I should probably check the episode list.

What's really interesting to me are the similarities that involve major plot points, such as: the utroms being evil, their plan to terraform the earth, karai having (supposedly) blood ties with Saki, Yoshi ending up as splinter (thank god for this one), and so on and so forth.

They didn't go with the reincarnation origin for the show though; but that's probably because it was a bit 'too out there' for ten-years-old
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #29
JoshDA7X
Hench Mutant
 
JoshDA7X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post
Ehm, when did Traag appear in the nick toon? or rather when will he appear? I'm guessing finale but I should probably check the episode list.
There's a preview for the next episode (17 I believe) kicking about on here somewhere that has him in it.
__________________


Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.
JoshDA7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #30
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
- Evil Utroms. Interesting that the Utroms have always been portrayed as benevolent until now.
We have seen evil Utroms before. Ch'rell in the 4Kids series, plus weren't there evil Utroms in the Mirage comics?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #31
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
We have seen evil Utroms before. Ch'rell in the 4Kids series, plus weren't there evil Utroms in the Mirage comics?
Right, right, there's always been a few rotten apples in the bunch. I just meant now both new versions are portraying the entire race as hostile conquerors.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
I wonder if Mike will befriend that pizza delivery boy like with Woody.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
Sleepingseeker
Foot Soldier
 
Sleepingseeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi11AiN6 View Post
IDW is taking the best elements from the entire franchise and putting their own spin on it.

IDW is the bomb!
Man, I'm playing catch up with this new series through IDW, just bought the collected books 2, 3 and 4. Can't wait to start on the Secret History of The Foot Clan. At first this incarnation thing threw me for a loop, but I have to say, I just love these guys so much, I sort of roll with whatever the writer's throw at me. They're doing a great job weaving in plot lines and bits of story arcs from previous incarnations of the material. I like it so far.

The Nick series has been fun. I like the crush aspect as being new and honestly, to me refreshing. Love Shredder as a bada**, in the comics and the show, But I'd want more badas*ery from Karai, as well.

I don't care if Karai is portrayed as his relative, I see no problem with it as far as feminism-stuff goes, but my bigger issue is the fact that throughout the franchise, Karai seems to never quite have a linear story line. They've been all over the place with her, like the authors never quite knew what to do with her. I say, keep it simple and clear and you could have a very awesome story line with her.
Sleepingseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
Jasper-X
Hench Mutant
 
Jasper-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
so i just came to this realization today and i apologize if someone else has already stated it, but i noticed that in both the nick show and IDW series, both races of aliens from dimension x (kraang and utroms) are both trying to alter earth to create an environment that they can survive in and take over, i found this really interesting
__________________
Items I am looking to Buy:

Next Mutation Production Statue
Bounzing Buddy Raphael in package
Purple Super Shredder MOC
Secret Agent Don MOC
IDW Limited Sketch Cards
Jasper-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
idw, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.