The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Why d'you keep grabbing my face - What is wrong WITH MY FACE?!
This is more fun than a Shriners parade! 11 13.92%
Oooooh, SHINY..!! 5 6.33%
In Krang's Face! 25 31.65%
oh he's a pussycat....WHO LIKES TO GRAB YOUR FACE AND SHAKE IT LIKE A RAGDOLL! 30 37.97%
Did anyone else notice the creepy face massage LH gave Don? 8 10.13%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #41
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
No, Leatherhead. D:
What? He was in this episode.
If not..please correct the one that is wrong if the one that is wrong is wrong
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #42
kzekedaurus
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 67
Their infiltration of TCRI is a wonderfully tense sequence, from the unleashing of Leatherhead to the turtles climbing up the elevator shaft. And those Kraang in the mini hovercrafts look like they came straight out of a videogame.

I will address a minor problem I have with the CGI. Quite a few times the character models feel like they should have more weight to their actions, particularly the big ones like Leatherhead, and now, General Traag. I know the turtles are ninjas, so there's that. It just bothers me somewhat.

Anyway, can't wait till the next episode. I didn't think the turtles'd be able to destroy the portal either, and I'm glad the writers didn't let them. I get that this season is setting everything up, but this boys just can't catch a break!
kzekedaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #43
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
Also, was it just me or did Mikey's hum sound nothing like the Olympics song? Maybe it's a rights issue?
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #44
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
I only caught the last ten minutes (about the time when the turtles are captured and making jokes) and I have to say that I love it. The story line is picking up, the action is very nice (my favorite moment was when the turtles simultaneously kicked the monster) and the humor was nice. A very good ep. For what I saw. Hopefully I'll be able to see the whole thing tomorrow.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #45
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
If leatherhead was almost as big as traag, and traags 17ft tall.. Doesn't that make leatherhead around 13-15 feet
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Interesting episode.

- TCRI is confirmed to have human workers, so Baxter working for them made sense.

- Dimension X is name-dropped for the first time.

- The Kraang want to terraform the planet.

- General Traag appears, although sadly he can't talk

- April is what the Kraang are after


Great episode all around. Leatherhead disappearing into the portal reminded me of the Image series when something similar happens.

Only gripe is Traag didn't talk.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #47
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Last time that thing led us to a burrito in a microwave LOL! Poor Donnie! Dude Leatherhead was awesome! Love the way he fights! Didn't realize he was so freaking strong! But I'm gonna miss Leatherhead Another great episode! But I wonder, is April not human? And man the fight scenes are awesome in this show.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #48
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
What did leatherhead know bout trang, he 'twas all like "Traag." What encounters have they had together. I know leatherhead 'twas in DX, but what the flash backs didn't seem to make space for traagatude.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #49
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
I loved when Leonardo out maneuvered Traag and just stood in front of him with his arms crossed. Awesome!
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Anyone else a bit confused about the odd pauses in this episode? Like after one of the Turtles said something, the camera would linger on their face for a few extra seconds. Its no big deal, I'm just curious.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #51
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
What did leatherhead know bout trang, he 'twas all like "Traag." What encounters have they had together. I know leatherhead 'twas in DX, but what the flash backs didn't seem to make space for traagatude.
The one known as snakeweed101 is the one who is thinking that the one that experimented on the one known as leatherhead is the one known as traag.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #52
ironman29758
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Interesting episode.

- TCRI is confirmed to have human workers, so Baxter working for them made sense.

- Dimension X is name-dropped for the first time.

- The Kraang want to terraform the planet.

- General Traag appears, although sadly he can't talk

- April is what the Kraang are after


Great episode all around. Leatherhead disappearing into the portal reminded me of the Image series when something similar happens.

Only gripe is Traag didn't talk.
Double post sorry
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #53
ironman29758
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Interesting episode.

- TCRI is confirmed to have human workers, so Baxter working for them made sense.

- Dimension X is name-dropped for the first time.

- The Kraang want to terraform the planet.

- General Traag appears, although sadly he can't talk

- April is what the Kraang are after


Great episode all around. Leatherhead disappearing into the portal reminded me of the Image series when something similar happens.

Only gripe is Traag didn't talk.
This. I joked with my little brother that Raph had a hearing problem because twice in the episode Mikey said something(the Shriner parade joke and rubbing Leatherhead belly) and he said maybe his ears are full of water.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #54
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove873 View Post
Also, was it just me or did Mikey's hum sound nothing like the Olympics song? Maybe it's a rights issue?
It did sound somewhat familiar to me. Well, Michelangelo figuring out that anything could come from the portal sure shows how much he's capable of when things work out. He tried to wake up Leatherhead fairly gently I thought despite the attack. With Leatherhead in limbo, who knows what will happen to him since he's never been in Dimension X in any incarnation, not even the OT. I find this episode to be a victory for the Kraang since not only they seized Leatherhead into Dimension X, they also provided Traag his first test against the Turtles, and it took Leatherhead to save them, and in Dimension X, it may be more difficult for the croc to compete. I predict the next episode will be filler about some exterminator who enjoys bugs, unless if Baxter is mutated into a coachroach which I doubt. When April finds out she is the primary Kraang target (wasn't surprising since she was kidnapped in the first episode), it gives her character a needed breath of importance. The package text even conforms to the times about there's more than just English. Notice that the TCRI portal strongly resembles the one used in Season 10 for the final Shredder/Krang episodes?

Overall: 8.5/10
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #55
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Watching my recording - the bit with Donnie and Leatherhead is Hilarious. I Had to add to the poll...

Aaand I was right about April the whole time. She's not human!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #56
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
Splinter: "I like a good maze."
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #57
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Great episode. I have a feeling we'll (the turtles) will be going to dimension x soon.

If that's confirmed already my bad. I don't pay that much attention to spoilers.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
I'm starting to wonder if the Nick writers went with the Mirage origin of April, only the magic crystal is from Dimension X.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #59
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
That's only he head, I want the whole thing
That's what she said...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #60
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove873 View Post
Splinter: "I like a good maze."
Oh, that was a good one! I almost forgot!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.