The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #1021
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanator008 View Post
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy want the blind bags.
Meeeeeeee to
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #1022
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
so TRU still has April in stock for 8.99, yet people are snatching her up for 15-20+ on ebay....just doesn't make sense
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #1023
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
To motivate us all even more to find those amazing new figures in the next wave, here's some amazing shots of Snakeweed and Stockman in box. Stockman looks so funny crammed in that box. Also I noticed with one of my Snakeweed photos there was a round instruction to attach something underneath the box over Snakeweed at the toy fair and that figure was Baxter. So it looks like you have to attach Stockman's feet. Weird huh? PS just so no one gets confused these are pictures at the toy fair as these were sitting on the side in the turtles section as a way of showing how they would look on store shelves.

http://getsomegrapesoda.com/wp-conte...display-45.jpg
http://getsomegrapesoda.com/wp-conte...display-44.jpg

Last edited by ShredderX633; 03-15-2013 at 01:39 PM.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #1024
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX633 View Post
To motivate us all even more to find those amazing new figures in the next wave, here's some amazing shots of Snakeweed and Stockman in box. Stockman looks so funny crammed in that box. Also I noticed with one of my Snakeweed photos there was a round instruction to attach something underneath the box over Snakeweed at the toy fair and that figure was Baxter. So it looks like you have to attach Stockman's feet. Weird huh?

http://getsomegrapesoda.com/wp-conte...display-45.jpg
http://getsomegrapesoda.com/wp-conte...display-44.jpg
Are those pictures from Toyfair?
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #1025
chris_chrome
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Anyone else worried we wont get Leatherhead this wave for some reason? I keep seeing Stockman and Snakeweed everywhere (commercials, checklist in fig packages, pics like above) but nothing for Leatherhead...Anyone know why?
chris_chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #1026
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_chrome View Post
Anyone else worried we wont get Leatherhead this wave for some reason? I keep seeing Stockman and Snakeweed everywhere (commercials, checklist in fig packages, pics like above) but nothing for Leatherhead...Anyone know why?
Leatherhead was in the commercial, he was just in the back. He is listed as part of this wave by Playmates though, so I hope we see him very soon. I have no clue why he's not in the checklist though...

Here he is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LH in tv spot.jpg (11.6 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by LH; 03-15-2013 at 12:36 PM.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #1027
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
My problem is I can't seem to decide whether I want to buy Leatherhead or not. I really liked the original figure and I love his portrayal on the new show but I kind of want to stick with just collecting different versions of the turtles. Kind of a conundrum.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #1028
chris_chrome
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticturtle View Post
My problem is I can't seem to decide whether I want to buy Leatherhead or not. I really liked the original figure and I love his portrayal on the new show but I kind of want to stick with just collecting different versions of the turtles. Kind of a conundrum.
U gotta have some mutants to battle with the turtles!!! Lol I was thinking I would only buy the 4 turtles and the Shellraiser and be done. But then I decided I needed Shredder. But I also wanted to even the odds a little more so also picked up a Foot Soldier. Then I found a Kraang and April, and knowing how HTF they were I picked both up. And then it began...I ended up getting all of them, and I recently took advantage of the BOGO 50% at TRU to get 4 more Foot Soldiers. I also have the figures displayed in the Pop Up Pizza Alley. So now I need to keep getting all the baddies lol, you should too!!! Leatherhead looks really cool too
chris_chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #1029
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
Leatherhead was in the commercial, he was just in the back. He is listed as part of this wave by Playmates though, so I hope we see him very soon. I have no clue why he's not in the checklist though...

Here he is:
They probably decided to include Leatherhead in the wave AFTER the checklists were already made.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1030
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
My Turtles don't need allies. They're just that badass. But having a few wouldn't hurt, and a few villains for them to smack around may not be bad either.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #1031
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticturtle View Post
My Turtles don't need allies. They're just that badass. But having a few wouldn't hurt, and a few villains for them to smack around may not be bad either.
Seeing as Leatherhead is a complete and total badass, I think he'll fit in just fine with your turtles.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #1032
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
Seeing as Leatherhead is a complete and total badass, I think he'll fit in just fine with your turtles.

True that. He'd be a worthy addition to the team.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #1033
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Anyone see snakeweed yet? ( I was gone for awhile)
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #1034
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Anyone see snakeweed yet? ( I was gone for awhile)
Sorry dude.. Not yet.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #1035
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
I caved and picked up another set of the 11" Battle Shells. They're on toysrus.com for Buy one get one 50% off. US only, so shipping to a buddy of mine. He's not normally cool with that but it's a great deal, considering the damn things are $30 each before HST in Canada.
__________________

Last edited by Digital Ghost; 03-16-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #1036
chris_chrome
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Found yet ANOTHER Kraang at FYE today, went ahead and got him. I have 3 now.
chris_chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #1037
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Another really sad thing to note is that if you look at Baxter's chest, they just painted the entire t-pod red instead of the more cartoon accurate paint on the prototype. So sad that he will surely be the weakest figure in the wave for that and many other reasons, even weaker than the shorter than Dogpound, inaccurately colored and low articulated Leatherhead. No offense to all the Leatherhead fans and I noticed in another shot that Snakeweed has nostrils like a nose on his face on the toy and that's wrong because he clearly doesn't have a nose in the show. Oh well it's not that noticeable and he has surprisingly good articulation.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #1038
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
^ yeah way weaker than dogpound IMO. At least dogpound has a cool and unique appearance going for him. The sculpt is decent enough. Baxter just looks really boring, and with a crappy paint job topping it off.

Obviously I will buy him, as will most collectors I imagine... but I don't think a lot of kids will. Leatherhead should sell well, and I think snakeweed is pretty neat so he shouldn't pegwarm anymore than the other enemies.

Baxter might not be great at face value but he's one of the most exciting figures to customize. Lots of potential once you do some small alterations to his head (make him angry!) and add detail to his suit.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #1039
ShredderX633
Foot Soldier
 
ShredderX633's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
So at this rate we can easily declare Snakeweed the best in this wave by a landslide since the others have way too many fatal flaws sadly. The irony is that both Leatherhead and Stockman even could have been the best, but both really had missed opportunities and Snakeweed wins by default while he actually had advantages by having hidden knee joints and having parts to assemble him because he's so big overall. Also I forgot to mention that oh my look at all the details on Snakeweed that actually don't go to waste. Most figures that have details like Dogpound for instance has good details, but the lack of paint makes it unable to pop out and it makes the figure look bad while Snakeweed looks amazing with all of his details even though some parts were supposed to be painted, but regardless he still looks amazing. That's how good a figure he is that even without the missing paint he still looks like one of the more colorful and detailed characters.

Last edited by ShredderX633; 03-16-2013 at 12:18 AM.
ShredderX633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #1040
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
My favorite is the baxter, but he's my favorite villan, so I'm bias. But he does have knee, elbow, head, arm, leg, waist and probably hands and feet articulation.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.