The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Thumbs up Happy 20th Birthday TMNT III!



20 years ago today TMNT III came to theaters! Rejoice.

This movie was my first TMNT movie ever.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Thanks TMNT 3 for providing the flaming branch for the franchise to hit on the way down!
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Thanks TMNT 3 for providing the flaming branch for the franchise to hit on the way down!
Lol, the TMNT franchise was on its decline due to Power Rangers. Even if TMNT III was a masterpiece it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lol, the TMNT franchise was on its decline due to Power Rangers. Even if TMNT III was a masterpiece it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
Well no duh.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Power Rangers was after TMNT III.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
NiNi
Hench Mutant
 
NiNi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 369
Oh wow! I didn't realize it was 20 years already. xD That's pretty cool!

May not have been my favorite movie, but I do enjoy it in a sense.
__________________
NiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
happy birthday teenage mutant ninja turtles III!!!
I fondly remember the days and seeing a little documentary on the movie on old german television channel rtl plus(which was broadcasting childrens program)...aaaaaah very sweeet memories...
growing up I felt a little troubled about the different looking costumes but having grown up I appreceate so many more spects of the movie and actually enjoy rewatching it pretty much from time to time...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician
 
Guitar_Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,191

"Happy 20th birthday TMNT III! Anyone wanna go to the pool with me?"
__________________


Mikey drums with nunchucks!
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Now I feel old. I actually remember going to watch it. Although looking at IMDB, we got in August in the UK. I would have just turned eight.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
alliance
Hench Mutant
 
alliance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 328
the word happy and TMNT3 go together like water and oil
__________________

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
Amen ^

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Thanks TMNT 3 for providing the flaming branch for the franchise to hit on the way down!
Precisely.

The strongest memory I have of the sequels is just how horrible they became... and how the redesigned costumes that the filmmakers and puppeteers of II & III praised as being more advanced and lifelike were beyond bad! Trying to evolve and improve upon art doesn't always work!

EDIT:
And while I understand most of the changes were made to make the job easier... how could they compare the redesigned costumes to those of the first flick and consider them an improvement. Lord.
__________________

Last edited by Digital Ghost; 03-20-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
^ What? The Costumes in Movie 2 were much better than the first films.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #13
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
^ What? The Costumes in Movie 2 were much better than the first films.
I disgree and by the way; it would pronounced as the first film or first Turtle movie.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #14
shihe
Hench Mutant
 
shihe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 273
........



I actually liked TMNT III.

__________________
shihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #15
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
^ What? The Costumes in Movie 2 were much better than the first films.
I don't know, I preferred the faces they used in the first film. I think it was the eyes that I loved best about the costumes. The second ones started to tread in the cartoon territory, which, given the tone of the film, makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
I disgree and by the way; it would pronounced as the first film or first Turtle movie.
Seriously? Seriously?!
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
It was just my personal opinion, no offense meant. The costumes just had a more 'gritty' realistic appearance and the faces had more emotion. I'd agree with Kunoichi's 'cartoon territory' comment.
__________________
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
........



I actually liked TMNT III.

Actually I'm with ya! I like all four movies
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #18
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
awesome! not the best by far, but as a kid i did indeed like it. i really didnt realize how bad it was until i rewatched it after over a decade...
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior
 
tmntpower1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 793
TMNT III works great as a sleep aid. Used to love the movie when I was a kid but now it bores me. The first movie all the way. The 2nd wasn't too bad, not as good as the first but better than the 3rd. I'd say the 3rd movie is my least favorite of the four.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
plasticturtle
Foot Soldier
 
plasticturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 224
I saw this twice in theatres. Mainly because the first time I saw it certain audience members wouldn't shut the hell up and I couldn't hear parts of the movie. I had the same problem with the fourth one.
plasticturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.