The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: He's your Father?!
If Shredder finds out you've got an Ice Cream Lamp, its all over... 28 30.77%
You know it's good advice when you're still confused afterwards. 37 40.66%
You've Always wanted a pet... *SCREEEE* 15 16.48%
Sorry, Sister... 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #101
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
good thing Baxter bailed on Shedder.....which begs the questions, how's the poor little alien gonna survive without a body? cause they don't breathe air right?
I'm thinking Shredder will have to either salvage a breathing apparatus from the ship, or somehow create a new one. I wonder if Baxter left any Kraang tech lying around from Xever's legs?
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #102
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Im expecting a bubble walker to be produced for Karai's 'pet'.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #103
Teddy
Hench Mutant
 
Teddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Im expecting a bubble walker to be produced for Karai's 'pet'.
Omg, YES!! That would be freakin' awesome!
__________________
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
I really thing that Kraang pet is going to become more important than we realize, I think something will happen with it to make it much more intelligent than a regular Kraang.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #105
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Wow! This episode gets an A+.

I got carried away began yelling "No!She'sgonnamurderyouifyouattackhim!!

I love this show
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #106
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
You just think that because you want it to happen. It's just as likely we never hear about this particular Kraang again. For all we know the producers just intended that scene to simply mark the first time Shredder had physical interaction with the Kraang.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #107
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
In the OT ep, "Curse of the Evil Eye", Leonardo forces the dragon to land using his elbow-pad. That's all off the top of my head. It didn't happen often, but it did happen.
Don't forget Leo blindfolding one of the Neutrinos with his elbow pad in Hot Rodding Teenagers.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #108
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Very nice episode.

The good
1. Leo riding the stealth bike. Oh yeah, no more Raph exclusive.
2. Donnie and April banter. Seemed like April's jealous of Karai, even saying how Donnie perceive Karai as "prettier".
3. Shredder meeting Kraang at last.

Could be better

1. The fight scenes seemed a bit slower paced. When they fight Shredder, everything seems to be fine and safe (even the turtles doesn't get frightened so much), unlike the first time they fought. I guess it's got to do with the bright lighting and atmosphere. Maybe it's just me.
2. The turtles attacking Shredder when they were in alliance with Karai. I mean..what? They shouldn't have done it, that's so stupid written all over it. *facepalm* It's like as if Karai attacking Splinter when they are partnering, so not fair! But alas, they're teenagers and naive. They lost an ally, a powerful one too. *shaking my head* I would've beat the dumb out of Leonardo for agreeing to do that., poor leader decision.

Overall, still enjoying it.
Man! That bike scene was awesome. As soon as Leo parked that bike with Karai inside, I said in my Christian Bale voice, "This isn't a car."

To be honest, I thought the line "You always wanted a pet" was corny. But, I'm guessing this starts a relationship with the Kraang (or possibly, KRANG!)

I don't care if the fight scenes were slow. I was on the edge of my seat. I was like, "How in the world are the other three turtles going to take this guy down?!"

I agree with you, only by 50%. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do, but it was Raph's idea. Even though Leo is pretty keen with strategy, Raph made a point. It sounded like a smart idea to attack Shredder. I mean, if you made an alliance with the daughter of an evil dark lord, would you spare his life or have him taken? Personally, I would have attacked the Shredder when having the chance, but only when the trade with the Russian was over. Besides, with Donatello being the smartest, he even agreed to Raph's plan, making Leo give in and go with it. It is Leo's fault for listening to them, but like you said, they're teenagers. If they weren't, the only thing I could say for their stupid move is that is was caused by heavy emotions towards a crush. Figures.

Still, if you missed what I said on my previous post, that scene where Leo shoots that bazooka at the Kraang ship was the coolest moment of the entire episode.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #109
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
It stands among the best of the series so far... but any episode with Karai in it tends to turn out well I don't feel like ranking them right now (too many favorites!) but this ep is probably in my current top 3.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #110
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
I feel like the few people that actually saw the logic in Raph's plan XD

I mean the Shedder is gonna be there why not take him out? if they succeed it means their family would be safe.

sure it's not the most honorable plan.....but you can't blame them, Shedder freaked them the heck out!!!!

.......but now that I think about it....they were seriously gonna kill the Shedder....and little Mikey was gonna give the kill shot O___O.........intense.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #111
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
You just think that because you want it to happen. It's just as likely we never hear about this particular Kraang again. For all we know the producers just intended that scene to simply mark the first time Shredder had physical interaction with the Kraang.
They ended the episode on it, we're definitely going to see that Kraang again, even if it is just kept as a pet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #112
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
I actually don't see what's wrong with Raph's plan. Their archenemy has his defenses down and they get to take him out early in the game. Had Leo still trusts and continues harboring his crush on Karai, he would have shot down that plan. But Leo almost had his brothers' safety compromised the last time he interacted with her, so he didn't.

Karai simply hang out on the hope the Leo would prioritize the alien invasion over fighting her dad, and she was very disappointed that Leo proved her wrong and he was no different than the Shredder's. I like how she officially claimed the feud between the two clans are on.

So yeah, as sad as seeing Leo and Karai's budding friendship met a fiery death, I like how it was handled. It was definitely portrayed better than 2K3's Exodus.

I actually feel bad for both Leo (because he knew he screwed up with the knowledge he backstabbed a potential ally) and Karai (for thinking Leo is a goody two shoes = he always gives her free passes). It's an inevitable car wreck.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 04-13-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #113
Martin
Stone Warrior
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 596
I still don't get why leo went along with raph's plan. At first he was set on not doing anything behind karai's back. Though, three seconds later, the others managed to sway his opinion, but even then he wasn't convinced. At all times I was expecting him to call it off, but they did it anyway. I actually felt bad for karai, the turtles were dicks on this one and proved to not be better than her 'father'. There were bigger things at stake here than taking down shredder. I get that he is sworn to kill them and all, but unless you are ready to return the favor there is really no point in going against him.

Aside from that, another great line that didn't make it into the poll that was: 'I'm not scrawny! I am svelte'. I also liked the little joke on OT: I'm talking about karai teasing the turtles by saying 'you cannot take a spaceship down with garbage' or something like that. Donnie's reaction was pretty great too.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #114
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really thing that Kraang pet is going to become more important than we realize, I think something will happen with it to make it much more intelligent than a regular Kraang.
Dude.. I doubt it... what do you want...? Krang to talk? Get a robot body? Chris and Xever get killed offscreen? Karai leaves the show? Two Purple Dragons turn into mutant rhinos and warthogs? Krang and Shredder decide to build a Technodrome? Spend all season try to power it up? Turtles trap it in Dimension X.... then underwater... then in the Arctic? Maybe April gets hit with a 'grown-up' ray and takes a job as a news reporter?

Just let the show be its own thing. I really doubt they're gonna bring Krang back since they already have a Kraang Prime. Hell, if that Krang mutates, there's a higher chance of it becoming Kraang Prime than Krang.

The pet thing is a joke. If anything, they risk that Kraang somehow alerting the others and having the whole alien swarm bust down on the Foot.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #115
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The pet thing is a joke. If anything, they risk that Kraang somehow alerting the others and having the whole alien swarm bust down on the Foot.
Shredder captured a Kraang, its not going to be left aside as if it never happened. The Foot know so little about the Kraang and they're obviously going to study it.

The people writing this show know good and well what people are going to think about when they see Shredder interacting with an alien Kraang brain.

Its quite possible to see this single Kraang developed into its own character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 PM   #116
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Shredder captured a Kraang, its not going to be left aside as if it never happened. The Foot know so little about the Kraang and they're obviously going to study it.

The people writing this show know good and well what people are going to think about when they see Shredder interacting with an alien Kraang brain.

Its quite possible to see this single Kraang developed into its own character.
Still not seeing it. Probably won't interact with it at all. Look at how he treated Baxter. The show will probably have Karai question it, with Shredder occassionaly coming in to ask 'well, have you found out anything yet???' and bark out his usual threats if Karai doesn't find vital information 'soon'.

The rest of the Kraang will find it, or Shredder might use the information gathered to send the Foot for the power cell. Either way, I doubt much is gonna happen to that little guy for 1-2 episodes tops, before its rejoined with the rest of the hivemind. Hell, maybe Kraang Prime will bust down on them all before the Kraang has time to talk? Who knows.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #117
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post
I get that he is sworn to kill them and all, but unless you are ready to return the favor there is really no point in going against him.
I think Shredder beating them up, attempting to blow up the sewers and having the Foot breathing down their necks is enough to "return the favor".

I dunno, I can't be the only one who remembers these Turtles are taught to "seek victory not fairness"? The Turtles found a shot at Shredder's most vulnerable moment. They took it. It was a bad call because Karai got legitimately pissed off with them, but they considered it worth taking.

As for the kraang Shredder captured, unless Stockman had the leftovers from Xever's legs I don't think it's gonna live after that shot.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)

Last edited by Avatar Yuffie; 04-14-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #118
Martin
Stone Warrior
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar Yuffie View Post
I think Shredder beating them up, attempting to blow up the sewers and having the Foot breathing down their necks is enough to "return the favor".

I dunno, I can't be the only one who remembers these Turtles are taught to "seek victory not fairness"? The Turtles found a shot at Shredder's most vulnerable moment. They took it. It was a bad call because Karai got legitimately pissed off with them, but they considered it worth taking.
What I meant was that there is only one way to take out shredder, and I'm not really sure if the turtles are ready for that, or even if they'll ever be. Also I really thought the turtles were better than that, I know it's totally understandable but they didn't seem to be the deceitful and backstabbing type. I always figured they'd face him upfront, the 'honorable way'. I guess that in this version that whole thing isn't that important, which is alright but still kind of weird compared to other versions.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #119
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant
 
LivingMutagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In a canister
Posts: 375
I watched this episode and the new TFP Beast Hunters one and I gotta say I liked them both equally. You've always wanted a pet. That was a great line and the first thing the Shredder did that made me laugh (well, he's not a clown is he? ). AND BOOM GOES THE KRAANG SHIP. Kraang rules as Kraang is sassy. stuff.
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #120
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
hey dudes!epic episode!!
can it reall be the first time that we hear oroku saki speak some japanese?? mean the momet when he sees the kraangs ship for the first time he says somehting really quickley and even with rewinding and replaying it again I cannot understand the words...they sound as if they could be japanese...any one noticed that?or knows if Im wrong what he COULD have said for real then?

oh by the way:I think it s cleverly written the idea that they decide on taking the shredder down.and I think its wrong to blame it on raph(it was HIS idea..he is the hothead of the bunch)..sure he came up with the notion that there is something that could be done in that situation, but he didnt say 'lets kill the shredder'...also I think it was leonardo who first mentioned that shredder was gonna be there, too so he brought the whole ball rolling to be precise, even if he may havnt thought in THAT direction at first.-...lastly and most importantly, dont you all remember the knowledge master splinter taught leonardo just a few episodes back???see victory, not fairness!he just learned and acted out on that knowledge since then.
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.