The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #41
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
WHAT?!! What kind of hair is that?! What is wrong with Michael Bay?!
Fox sucks!

Just kidding. She looks so much better than she did in Transformers. In this one, she actually appears as a decent woman instead of a porn star. This is the best she looks so far. Maybe she'll do fine. Besides, I'm now anticipated to see the film now. Hopefully, it will be a good one.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #42
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
she's pretty.

I hope she makes a good April
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #43
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
But as long as the scenes with her character aren't as blatantly sexualized and creepy as they were in, say, the Transformers movies, it's no big.
What? Her under the hood of that camaro was the hottest thing ever.

Im fine with her as april but honestly i was hoping for more skin.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #44
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
What? Her under the hood of that camaro was the hottest thing ever.

Im fine with her as april but honestly i was hoping for more skin.
Except it's distracting and sexist and prevents you from taking the character seriously at all. Geeeet that sh*t outta my movies. It's not fun.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #45
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
What? Her under the hood of that camaro was the hottest thing ever.

Im fine with her as april but honestly i was hoping for more skin.
Why I have been against her as April summed up in one post.

It's all about the looks.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #46
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Except it's distracting and sexist and prevents you from taking the character seriously at all. Geeeet that sh*t outta my movies. It's not fun.
Hows it sexist? A hot ass chick that knows her **** about cars is sexist? And it is fun for me at least.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #47
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Hows it sexist? A hot ass chick that knows her **** about cars is sexist? And it is fun for me at least.
It's sexist because there are no gratuitously sexual shots focused on any of the movie's male characters, but a metric f*ck ton focused around its one real female one.

I've just never understood liking that sort of masturbation material in fiction. Like, it's fine in things that are actually for masturbation, but if you're trying to tell me a story, even a cheesy one, it's just distracting and weird and problematic.

Which, like Powder, caused me some concern when I heard Fox was being cast, because that's how she's been typecast: T&A and little else. That's still a concern, but these shots look fine, and that's not her fault; it's all on how the director chooses to approach it.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #48
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
What? Her under the hood of that camaro was the hottest thing ever.

Im fine with her as april but honestly i was hoping for more skin.
sorry to say...but If she shows more skin...I'm gonna end up hating the movie.

thats not April. (at least not the one I know)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #49
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
sorry to say...but If she shows more skin...I'm gonna end up hating the movie.

thats not April. (at least not the one I know)
Yup. Like the 2k3 April that wore three parkas at all times.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #50
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Why I have been against her as April summed up in one post.

It's all about the looks.
Glad I could help.

[QUOTE=Cipher;1093137]It's sexist because there are no gratuitously sexual shots focused on any of the movie's male characters, but a metric f*ck ton focused around its one real female one.

I've just never understood liking that sort of masturbation material in fiction. Like, it's fine in things that are actually for masturbation, but if you're trying to tell me a story, even a cheesy one, it's just distracting and weird and problematic.QUOTE]

So your real issue is that it provides you with no masturbation material. Im sorry. Maybe in this new movie they will have a hot casey jones with some good shots for you.

And just because they show her being all hot doesnt make it sexist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
sorry to say...but If she shows more skin...I'm gonna end up hating the movie.

thats not April. (at least not the one I know)
I can understand that it just my view. But my fav april does and it might be a way to get more adult males and some females into the movie threater to see the movie.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #51
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by zak_the_neutrino View Post
You rather her wear a yellow jump suit? Yeah that's so 2013. She looks great. Not to sexed up. Just looks like a regular channel 6 reporter to me. I like her look a lot.
Who said anything about wanting her to wear a yellow jump suit? I was just saying she does not look like they even tried to change anything about her usual appearance. And what are you going at about her being a reporter for Channel 6?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #52
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Stingray,Did you......Did you just call him gay?
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #53
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
So your real issue is that it provides you with no masturbation material. Im sorry. Maybe in this new movie they will have a hot casey jones with some good shots for you.

And just because they show her being all hot doesnt make it sexist.
No it isnt; no it won't; no it doesn't, but it totally was in that case. Thanks for playing!

Quote:
But my fav april does and it might be a way to get more adult males and some females into the movie threater to see the movie.
I - I just want to be clear. You realize you'd be less likely to see a movie where ninety-percent of the shots of the one male character had him oiled and shirtless and lingered on his ass and pecs, right? Or, like, if April in this movie was totally demure but Casey was uber sexy for the ladies?

Could one of the women members speak to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Stingray,Did you......Did you just call him gay?
I ... I think so. But we're probably only one post from getting him to talk about all the p*ssy he gets, so don't ruin the chain now.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #54
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Yup. Like the 2k3 April that wore three parkas at all times.
I guess I never thought about 2003 April as much like that...so the parka didn't phase me. lol (maybe it was the fashion at the time??) IDK

and later she changed her outfit to something less revealing anyway

also can you please not be so sarcastic? it's not very polite
(I know it's the internet but that doesn't mean we can't be kind)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #55
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
also can you please not be so sarcastic? it's not very polite
(I know it's the internet but that doesn't mean we can't be kind)
NEVERRRRR!

Also....do people seriously go into movies looking for scenes to jerk it to? You know porns exist, right?
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Pretty much any thread about the new movie is a disaster waiting to unfold. This movie is like a trainwreck in making.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #57
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Pretty much any thread about the new movie is a disaster waiting to unfold.
And you really have no idea why?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #58
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior
 
redsai4lex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: by the TMNT's side
Posts: 546
She looks pretty much exactly how I expected her to. The article mentions that they filmed earlier in the day before these were taken... Maybe she changed back into her own clothes before leaving.
__________________
redsai4lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #59
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Stingray,Did you......Did you just call him gay?
hahahaha no I was wrongfully thinking he was a she by the way he was talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
I - I just want to be clear. You realize you'd be less likely to see a movie where ninety-percent of the shots of the one male character had him oiled and shirtless and lingered on his ass and pecs, right? Or, like, if April in this movie was totally demure but Casey was uber sexy for the ladies?

Could one of the women members speak to this?


I ... I think so. But we're probably only one post from getting him to talk about all the p*ssy he gets, so don't ruin the chain now.
NO not per say, it depends on the type of movie. There lots of action movies ment for guys that have oiled up shirtless dudes running around. I would just be like dude wholly ****. Look at this dudes ripped as ****. I wish I looked like that.


And sorry to disapoint only ever been with one girl my whole life from 15 to now and that would be my wife.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #60
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Also....do people seriously go into movies looking for scenes to jerk it to? You know porns exist, right?
To be one-hundred percent clear, this was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
hahahaha no I was wrongfully thinking he was a she by the way he was talking.
I also think it's sort of sad that by pointing out weird gender double-standards in movies, you're automatically talking like a woman, but whatever. We can all move on now.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, megan fox, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.