The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 03:32 AM   #21
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
The design does look better here, but I still hate that mask, and I have a feeling that Casey'll be as under-articulated as the other non-turtles.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:12 AM   #22
koenne
Stone Warrior
 
koenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 663
I'm not toooooo trilled about the way he looks , I'm gonna Judge when I see better pics..
koenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #23
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Does anyone know when Casey will hit toy shelves ?
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #24
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant
 
LivingMutagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In a canister
Posts: 375
Looks more articulated than every other figure minus the turtles. And he comes on roller skates, that spiked glove, a bat and hockey stick. Hopefully the mask is removable. Not sure when it'll be out though. And I'll have to wait longer cos UK.
__________________
by Martinf
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #25
Rob2184
Mouser
 
Rob2184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Toynewsi.com reports mask is removable, will come with a bat & hockey stick.
Rob2184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #26
Reputator
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2184 View Post
Toynewsi.com reports mask is removable, will come with a bat & hockey stick.
Indeed. Link for the lazy:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21388

Spoiler:


Knees look articulated. Elbows definitely do not.
__________________
Reputator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reputator View Post
Indeed. Link for the lazy:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21388

Spoiler:


Knees look articulated. Elbows definitely do not.
Ok, that's a much better picture, thanks. Good to hear that the mask is removable. I'm just kinda worried that Playmates is going to remove a lot of the paint apps, namely on the weapons and clothes.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
Victor Von Doom
Random Punk
 
Victor Von Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Maine, USA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reputator View Post
Indeed. Link for the lazy:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21388

Spoiler:


Knees look articulated. Elbows definitely do not.
I absolutely see an elbow joint on his right arm.
__________________
Victor Von Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #29
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I'm just kinda worried that Playmates is going to remove a lot of the paint apps, namely on the weapons and clothes.
More n'likely, sir. I wish the whole head was removable, because it looks like his hood helps keep the mask in place....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 11-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #30
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Do you guys think they'll ever make Casey's bike as basic vehicle?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #31
Reputator
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Von Doom View Post
I absolutely see an elbow joint on his right arm.
I see what looks to be a peg in the elbow, now that you mention it. However the black plastic band going around elbow area looks solid. If there's movement, it appears to be a hidden joint, and looks like it would be very limited.

Then again this could just be a prototype and we're all overanalyzing it for nothing.
__________________
Reputator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #32
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reputator View Post
Then again this could just be a prototype and we're all overanalyzing it for nothing.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #33
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Is it me or does Nick's Casey look like Skeletor's cousin with the mask on? As long as it can be removed is what will be the difference whether or not it is worth getting. At least the accessories are pretty good.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #34
Michelangelo
Foot Soldier
 
Michelangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 244
The mask is cool, but it's not Casey Jones.
The look of the mask should have been retained, this is a bit too different.
The skeleton look is just wrong. Maybe I can't see the detail well enough but I'm not feeling it.
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #35
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reputator View Post
Indeed. Link for the lazy:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=21388

Spoiler:


Knees look articulated. Elbows definitely do not.
That's pretty nice looking, especially for a prototype.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Is it me or does Nick's Casey look like Skeletor's cousin with the mask on? As long as it can be removed is what will be the difference whether or not it is worth getting. At least the accessories are pretty good.
Maybe more like Rorshach's cousin? You think they will do a variant figure of him like they did with Shredder? One with the mask and one without?
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #37
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
You think they will do a variant figure of him like they did with Shredder? One with the mask and one without?
The mask's supposed to be removable, so I doubt it.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #38
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier
 
MisfitKraang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 221
I cant wait for the figure, I am not a fan of the mask though,but I'm sure it'll grow on me
__________________
See You Space Cowboy
MisfitKraang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #39
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
The mask's supposed to be removable, so I doubt it.
I was just saying they could maybe do that for the MOC collectors but I'm sure they probably wouldn't release something just for them ya know? I really would like to know if Playmates even consider collector's thoughts at all.
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #40
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
I really would like to know if Playmates even consider collector's thoughts at all.
Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Spoiler:


And the lines only been out for about a year, so...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.