The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who doesn't love a good Splinter Nerve Poke???
"No no no no no... you have to hold your pinkie out..." "Uh, I don't really have a pinkie." 49 48.51%
What hit me? It was like Raph only bigger and meaner, angrier.. but not quite as ugly. 28 27.72%
Okay, who else is hoping for an ooze lamp for Christmas?? 10 9.90%
*head fireworks* I'm Freaking OUT!!!! 7 6.93%
It tastes like leather and sweat... 7 6.93%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #61
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I don't understand how IGN says the plot was thin. I thought it was fine.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #62
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
8.0? I really don't understand his scoring system - I figured it would be just under 9.0. Thought this was a very strong episode.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #63
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
IGN Review is up:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...destroy-review

Spoiler:
A bit surprising, Max doesn't seem to be as high on it as others.
Interesting about Max is that he enjoys episodes that progress April's character and the whole shipping plot WAY more than any episode centred on the Turtles.

Even so, I'm disappointed by just how rushed this review was. "Plot was too thin"? And then he never explains why! I normally don't care about the actual ratings but 8.0 is WAY too low...
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #64
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
How is an 8 not a good score? What's the matter with you people?

Also, the plot WAS thin. Turtles fight Slash and Leonardo has tea. THE END.

Doesn't make it a bad episode, though. It was good stuff.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #65
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
8 is a good score but I'm comparing it to some of the scores he's given other episodes. This is the lowest score of the season so far. I didn't think it was close to being the weakest episode of the season. Different strokes for different folks though.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #66
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Interesting about Max is that he enjoys episodes that progress April's character and the whole shipping plot WAY more than any episode centred on the Turtles.

Even so, I'm disappointed by just how rushed this review was. "Plot was too thin"? And then he never explains why! I normally don't care about the actual ratings but 8.0 is WAY too low...
I was personally expecting an 8.5, but Max is a guy that thoroughly enjoys the main plot of the story, which as you stated is April. This was an episode as stated was still a bit more filler than story for the time being, pretty dark and gritty, and we went from April getting back together with the turtles to her being no where to be found. So again not following the main plot line.

That said 8.0 is still the equivalent of 4/5, most people would dream of that.

But still, I think this episode should have gone before Mutagen Man Unleashed so that the April could be more followed on for the next 3 of 4 episodes. (I say 3 out of next 4 because I know what episode 8 is based around.)
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #67
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 410
Something tells me that Slash will end up with the Foot for a while after how he thought Raph betrayed him.

Training under the Shredder, he gets his revenge.

Hopefully Raph will find a way to get Slash to become good somehow.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #68
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post

But still, I think this episode should have gone before Mutagen Man Unleashed so that the April could be more followed on for the next 3 of 4 episodes. (I say 3 out of next 4 because I know what episode 8 is based around.)
What is episode 8 based on?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #69
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
Something tells me that Slash will end up with the Foot for a while after how he thought Raph betrayed him.

Training under the Shredder, he gets his revenge.

Hopefully Raph will find a way to get Slash to become good somehow.
I don't know, I hope he stays bad. He makes an awesome villain.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #70
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
What is episode 8 based on?
Spoiler:
It's the episode where April and the turtles learn from a detective who's been following evidence looking for the missing scientists from Season 1 about why the Kraang are on Earth and what April's connection is to them. Episode hasn't been named but I'm expecting "The Kraang Connection"
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #71
turtletoons81
Foot Soldier
 
turtletoons81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: in the wonderful land of awesomeness
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
I don't know, I hope he stays bad. He makes an awesome villain.
yeah when ciro mean't he wanted the show to go dark he mean's it man that fight was brutal it even made me feel my bones for a sec when slash hurt mikey.
__________________
COWABUNGA/BOOYAKASHA DUDES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCVP1Ls18A
this music is awesome by the man himself jake "virt" kaufman
turtletoons81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #72
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
Spoiler:
It's the episode where April and the turtles learn from a detective who's been following evidence looking for the missing scientists from Season 1 about why the Kraang are on Earth and what April's connection is to them.
Where did you see that was episode 8?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #73
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
Where did you see that was episode 8?
They showed a clip of it at NYCC, which was still in post-production mode at the time. Because so, all the episode production information was listed on it and for episode listing, was listed as "Episode: 208" which would mean Season 2, Episode 8.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Funny, the Turtles collecting ooze containers is just a throwaway aspect to make it seem like the Turtles are doing something while they uncover new mutants, its not the main storyline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #75
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
They showed a clip of it at NYCC, which was still in post-production mode at the time. Because so, all the episode production information was listed on it and for episode listing, was listed as "Episode: 208" which would mean Season 2, Episode 8.
Wow I missed that info. Cool. Didn't think we'd see Kurtzman so soon.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #76
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
They showed a clip of it at NYCC, which was still in post-production mode at the time. Because so, all the episode production information was listed on it and for episode listing, was listed as "Episode: 208" which would mean Season 2, Episode 8.
Good catch on that jth. Just went back and watched the NYCC panel - can't believe I missed that.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #77
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I was personally expecting an 8.5, but Max is a guy that thoroughly enjoys the main plot of the story, which as you stated is April. This was an episode as stated was still a bit more filler than story for the time being, pretty dark and gritty, and we went from April getting back together with the turtles to her being no where to be found. So again not following the main plot line.

That said 8.0 is still the equivalent of 4/5, most people would dream of that.

But still, I think this episode should have gone before Mutagen Man Unleashed so that the April could be more followed on for the next 3 of 4 episodes. (I say 3 out of next 4 because I know what episode 8 is based around.)
I kinda like the story when April is not in it

I have more enjoyment in filler than her plot to be honest.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #78
sirroscoe
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 64
Is it just me or has, after the 1st two episodes, this season straight been on fire? Every episode has been from great to superb.
sirroscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirroscoe View Post
Is it just me or has, after the 1st two episodes, this season straight been on fire? Every episode has been from great to superb.
Pretty much. I've liked every episode so far.

Season 1 had a few "Meh" episodes like Spiderbitez, the Cockroach, and the first Timmy/Pulverizer episode, but every ep of Season 2 has been great so far.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #80
Torterra
Foot Soldier
 
Torterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 112
That was a awesome episode it had good character development for Raphael, funny subplot with Leo and the mutagen canister, introduction of Slash all roll up it a kick ass episode for season 2. Liked what they did with Slash he quick, strong,stealthy and smart not to forget BRUTAL and loved and felt sad that even after all that Raph still try to save Slash from falling and I REALLY HOPE that snaps Slash out of it and he becomes a ally to the turtles like Ciro and Corey said. Who knows maybe this Slash will follow his IDW comics incarnation where was a villain first then become an ally. But anyway LOVED this episode
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick, slash


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.