![]() |
|
|
#81 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
The idea that the turtles would wear human clothes to further add a sense of individuality to each turtle is a fine one in principal. The fact that the idea is sound is no guarantee that it will be executed well and look aestheticaly pleasing.
Not to mention what looks cool on paper does not always tranlate well to live action. Case in point the Dooney artworkk for Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation actually look pretty decent but on screen they looked laughable. Speaking of which those designs were also bulky, overly muscled turtles with all radicaly individual looks. Even the idea that it's practical doesn't really work for me. Leo and Don are supposedly battle ready but how does Mike's hoodie and gold chain help him in battle? Will Leo be chillin' in the lair in his bamboo armor? The basic turtle look has served the franchise well and anything but minor tweaks has been met with mixed results. I would argue that a reboot should be trying to take the franchise back to basics maybe then explore "new" ideas. |
|
|
|
|
|
#82 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#83 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: US
Posts: 47
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#84 |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
I don't really mind the clothes aspect in theory. Some regular, customized based on personality clothing is just fine.
But it sounds like they REALLY overdid it for Mikey. Like...a hoody wrapped around his waist? WHY? But whatever. We all pretty much knew the Turtles were going to look decent to pretty good. The rest REALLY depends on the actors and the script(which I have zero faith in, as far as the script). I'm not at all surprised about Shredder though. He's going to be as mocked as much as if not more so than Green Goblin was from Spider-Man. Which is a real friggin' bummer. I wish they'd said how tall Splinter is compared to the rest of the Turtles. |
|
|
|
|
|
#85 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
|
Genius. I had that Leo. Years later, he became part of my collection from the 3rd live action film. My family was poor, so I improvised where I could lol.
__________________
GOONGALA! |
|
|
|
|
|
#86 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 317
|
Lol on the pic chri5 that was great
|
|
|
|
|
|
#87 | |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 78
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#88 |
|
Y'all need Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
|
Hahaha, oh Jesus. What are you gonna do? What are you ACTUALLY going to do?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#89 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#90 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
|
You gotta be trolling so hard right? All your perfectly hilarious grammatical errors and your lack of info on your profile? Threatening someone on an online forum where you have no idea where the person lives or even their real name for crying out loud. Not to mention your username. I say you're a fake.
__________________
GOONGALA! |
|
|
|
|
|
#91 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 78
|
the jerk insult me, and i am the bad guy?Its easy for you to hide beside your computer, Powder....
|
|
|
|
|
|
#92 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
|
You're not the bad guy. I just think you aren't for real. More power to you for trying though.
__________________
GOONGALA! |
|
|
|
|
|
#93 |
|
Stupid Rich
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
|
More power to you for trying to start a FOR REALZ fight on a Ninja Turtle forum.
__________________
![]() @~<3 Mom~@ |
|
|
|
|
|
#94 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Nobody has pictures yet!
Stop asking, folks. We'll get 'em when we get 'em.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#95 |
|
Merchandise Maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#96 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
I'm starting to warm up to Donnie's design, it sounds pretty cool. Shredder sounds terrible, Leo and Mikey sound okay, and I just can't picture Raph's. Toy fair is coming up and we should have pics then.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#97 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#98 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
|
I think anybody who thinks the clothing "sounds fine" is fooling themselves. The TMNT going around wearing clothes all the time is like putting Batman in a 3 piece suit or something. It's fine when they're in disguise but hopefully someone involved with this movie will have the good sense to... Wait, I can't believe I typed that phrase. Nevermind.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#99 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
Quote:
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#100 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
I absolutely love the idea of incorporating Samurai & other Japanese clothing/armor design elements, in small doses, but for the most part, I am against the turtles having outfits or anything like that. I mean, it'd be one thing if they all had a uniformed look that involved more apparel, but not when each turtle is dressed up in unique garb. Save that for toy variants & the like, I say. I'm still open to it, as there's always a chance I'll be pleasantly surprised, but by text interpretation alone, I'm not looking forward to seeing Mikey & Raph. Leo & Donnie have potential though, or so it would seem.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| toys |
|
|