The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #121
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
The new guy isn't used to Cubed's rantings yet.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:32 AM   #122
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You said you don't know if Bebop had a purple Mohawk, does that mean he was bald? What did his head look like?
What the f*ck is wrong with you? I mean, seriously? How many f*cking times do I have to tell you, Bebop had a f*cking mohawk, I didn't see what colour it was. Might have been purple, might not.

Jeez...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:28 AM   #123
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Pppl are not going to share info in the future like this, if you guys keep bothering them with questions. NY toy fair is a few days away, just wait it out.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #124
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
dont bully PLS on this he just ask disco something disco bring this to him he had to talk about now he has to pay the price on that :/
yuh jestur was bully him dood. CybezCube could ask ane questen he wans


On a serious note, I assume Discogod regrets creating this thread?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #125
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
yuh jestur was bully him dood. CybezCube could ask ane questen he wans


On a serious note, I assume Discogod regrets creating this thread?
Not at all, you guys have been pretty great compared to some forums I've frequented in the past...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #126
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
Not at all, you guys have been pretty great compared to some forums I've frequented in the past...
i know no one has asked this but were there any 30th anniversary things there
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #127
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
i know no one has asked this but were there any 30th anniversary things there
Nothing specific, but I got the impression that this whole year is being treated as one continuous event, centered around the new movie. I don't know if the packaging will have any labeling to reflect that, though.

It was pretty easy to see that TMNT was the hottest thing around, and not just in terms of the Playmates stuff. Normally at Toy Fair there's one "big" property that as many companies as possible try and latch onto, and whilst I saw the usual Marvel, Transformers, Star Wars and Lego stuff, TMNT was by far the most popular license. If even half the stuff I saw makes it to shops, a lot of you guys are going to be very poor indeed...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #128
Ultimate Ninja
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 74
Sounds like some great TMNT toys planned for this year. Thanks for the information. I'm wondering if there is any information on whether or not the Shredder Supreme playset will still be released. I have wanted a Shredder building playset for years.

I'm looking forward to finding the 2014 movie figures too, even though I think the Nick animated line is probably the best line going on right now.

Jester, that video of Jameson is great, lol.
Ultimate Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #129
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder Woman View Post
Sounds like some great TMNT toys planned for this year. Thanks for the information. I'm wondering if there is any information on whether or not the Shredder Supreme playset will still be released. I have wanted a Shredder building playset for years.
I'd guess no, since it wasn't on display or in the catalogue.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #130
Ultimate Ninja
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 74
Okay, thanks for the reply.

Something else I'm wondering about, but I don't need an answer unless someone really wants to answer it, is how many toes the movie turtles have? Obviously the classic design is 2, but if they stay with the Nick design then 3.
Ultimate Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #131
Victor Von Doom
Random Punk
 
Victor Von Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Maine, USA
Posts: 16
I'll just leave this here for you all to discuss.


__________________
Victor Von Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #132
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Von Doom View Post
I'll just leave this here for you all to discuss.


http://i.imgur.com/jpLLAR4.jpg
Man...how many threads is THIS gonna show up in?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #133
Ultimate Ninja
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 74
Oh my gosh, so these are the movie turtles then? Wow, cool. Thanks for posting this. At first glance I wasn't sure if these were the action figures. I think they might just be movie models. I don't like them as much as I thought I would, but they are neat.

Not sure why I would assign a rating, but I give them a 3 out of 5.

Edited: On second thought, yeah I like them.

Last edited by Ultimate Ninja; 01-28-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Ultimate Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #134
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
NEW turtles more leaked pics LEO SHREDDER AND DON HD

http://adamjwhitlatch.com/tmnt-film-designs-leaked/
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #135
PhatRam32
Hench Mutant
 
PhatRam32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
I'd guess no, since it wasn't on display or in the catalogue.
That stinks was really looking forward to having a playset for the bad guys.
__________________
Turtle Power!
PhatRam32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #136
therealdon
Thug
 
therealdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 89
hey disco . . . did bebop have a mohawk? and was it purple? . . .
Spoiler:
lol sorry I had to . lol
therealdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:17 AM   #137
Agent 86
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 152
@ Discogod

How close are the recently leaked models/maquettes for the new live action movie to Playmates' action figures for the four turtles and Shredder?

Do Playmates' action figures have anywhere near that level of sculpted detail and quality paint applications?
Agent 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #138
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
If I were Discogod I wouldn't log back on to any of the forums I gave info to until after NY Toy Fair...

By the way the "No Shreder playset" idea sucks. I wish there was something I could do to inspire a change of heart. The bad guys need a playset, man. The pop-up playset must've sold worse than I thought. Really disappointing. Not sure if those sculpts are official but they look good. I'd like to see them in action....fighting and such.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #139
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
@ Discogod

How close are the recently leaked models/maquettes for the new live action movie to Playmates' action figures for the four turtles and Shredder?

Do Playmates' action figures have anywhere near that level of sculpted detail and quality paint applications?
They're pretty close, although obviously the designs have been simplified (particularly Shredder).
The sculpting was some of the best I've seen from Playmates, the paint apps were the usual lackluster effort.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #140
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
They're pretty close, although obviously the designs have been simplified (particularly Shredder).
The sculpting was some of the best I've seen from Playmates, the paint apps were the usual lackluster effort.
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
toys'


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.