The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #701
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Just saw Karai. And Leatherhead.

*breathing heavily*

When's the release date?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #702
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Just saw Karai. And Leatherhead.

*breathing heavily*

When's the release date?
April or March.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #703
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Cheers!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #704
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
First up, be aware that TRU has a "Buy $75 or more of LEGO products and get $20 off" promo right now -- AND on top of this, they dropped the price of most LEGO sets back down to retail price (instead of their usual inflated pricing). You also qualify for free shipping if the order is $49 or over.

Check out the sets here, they currently have ALL 2013 TMNT sets in stock

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....S/2254197&sr=1

... including the Kraang polybag

Second up, we have some more LEGO news leaks, among them is our first look at set 10669 "Turtles Lair", this is a Summer 2014 set and is part of the Juniors Easy To Build line of sets. Juniors sets have minifigs and are designed to be buildable by younger kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FR5yZLBnNFc

It's hard to tell what comes in the set because it's a preliminary image, but it seems to be Leo in a vehicle and a foot soldier invading the Lair

Nothing all that exciting if you already own Leo but again it's a great set for younger kids, or if you want to stock up on foot soldiers and/or leo figs to customize.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #705
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
First up, be aware that TRU has a "Buy $75 or more of LEGO products and get $20 off" promo right now -- AND on top of this, they dropped the price of most LEGO sets back down to retail price (instead of their usual inflated pricing). You also qualify for free shipping if the order is $49 or over.
That sale is over now, which really sucks because I planned on buying the turtle lair and Shredder's Dragon Bike today...I would've got both for just 50 bucks...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:11 AM   #706
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
From Reddit:

"Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki"

Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #707
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Is anyone else going overboard making custom figures with this line? I just dropped way too much on Bricklink to make myself a set of Elite Foot, all three Shredder clones, Casey Jones, 2k3 Shredder, Chromedome, Wingnut...

It's bad.

I'm looking for some way to make Bebop that isn't this: http://sturdyboyrich.com/wp-content/...3/07/bebop.jpg
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #708
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Is anyone else going overboard making custom figures with this line? I just dropped way too much on Bricklink to make myself a set of Elite Foot, all three Shredder clones, Casey Jones, 2k3 Shredder, Chromedome, Wingnut...

It's bad.

I'm looking for some way to make Bebop that isn't this: http://sturdyboyrich.com/wp-content/...3/07/bebop.jpg
Glue glasses and a mohawk onto the Gammorean Guard head from SW.
I'd like to see some pics of your customs.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #709
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Heh, I was just thinking about reusing the guard for Bebop.

Anywho, here are some of my concepts to test out general parts and how they look.



Top row: King Lionheart (most just Chima Lion), Usagi Yojimbo (creepy face, thanks Voldemort), Scaletail (will look amazing in all green), Sargent Bananas, Groundchuck (needs more red), and Merdude

Bottom row: Chromedome, Elite Foot (waiting on a new bandanna and a gray hat), 4-armed Shredder, short Shredder, Claw Shredder - I plan on replacing the other two Shredder's with the same head as 4-arms (and eventually make a 2k3 Shredder).

Wingnut and Rocksteady will be Chima figures, but I don't have those parts around. Casey Jones was entirely made of pieces I needed to buy.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:08 PM   #710
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
^
Awesome job! Those look really good even if they aren't finished. The best are the shredders.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #711
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Shredder clones are great.

Usagi looks a bit spooky though....
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #712
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Wow, really creative jestergoblin!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #713
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
Thanks, I'm really happy with how the Shredder clones came out (even if they aren't 100% accurate) and love my Elite Foot Ninja and can't wait until the rest of the pieces arrive.

As for mutants, I'm just playing around with bricks until an idea hits.

And I really want to buy some of the modular buildings for display, but I don't think the fiancé would approve.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #714
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestergoblin View Post
Bottom row: Chromedome, Elite Foot (waiting on a new bandanna and a gray hat), 4-armed Shredder, short Shredder, Claw Shredder - I plan on replacing the other two Shredder's with the same head as 4-arms (and eventually make a 2k3 Shredder).
Jester Gobs... Love that Claw Shredder! What did you use for the claws I have been trying to create that effect on another figure and haven't found anything worthwhile
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:48 PM   #715
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,460
The claws were released in the Atlantis line a few years ago and the shoulders are from The Hobbit on Claw Shredder.
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #716
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
You should seriously go into business selling these.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 PM   #717
TheCollector
Hench Mutant
 
TheCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 293
Man, I am so excited for the Karai lego fig. I love lego figs, can't wait to get my hands on hers.

I do admit it's sad that's she's getting a lego fig before a action figure, but lets be honest, the action figures are slipping, I mean hell, that lego Spiderbytz looks better then the action figure. lol Same with Kirby Bat.
__________________
TheCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #718
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Welcome back Collector.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #719
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
So I was at TRU today to get a another Z Line Ninjas play set....and I kept telling myself that I was buying that and ONLY that, I didn't need to buy anything else...but of course that never happens, at least with me. I just saw the Lego Movie last night (it was AWESOME, one of my favorite animated movies of all time for sure) and I was pretty tempted to buy a set based on the movie...after all, they were 20 percent off, so I picked up "The Melting Room" for just ten bucks. Then I saw the blind bag figures...what the heck, toss one of those in the cart too...and then I found the Kraang target practice bagged set, and got that as well.

Went in expecting to spend just 20 bucks on the Z line set, ended up spending double that
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #720
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
More LEGO turtles pics from Toy Fair!

http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/16/to...go-tmnt-114906
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.