The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #1061
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
still asking if any took pics of the new turtle movie toys i already saw the 12inch ones i want to see the basic ones :/
NO, because Playmates and Paramount weren't letting people take pictures. People who did did so covertly and against the will of those 2 companies.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:46 PM   #1062
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
NO, because Playmates and Paramount weren't letting people take pictures. People who did did so covertly and against the will of those 2 companies.
then why cant we take pics if we have to buy these then we should see them or wait do you got to wait to june just to see them
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #1063
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
then why cant we take pics if we have to buy these then we should see them or wait do you got to wait to june just to see them
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #1064
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmonkey View Post
Wow, so much for looking forward to the 1990 movies Turtles. The head sculpts looking nothing like they did in the film. What's the point of doing movie replicas if you just throw out the designs and do your own head sculpt? It would take more customizing than I'm skilled for to salvage those things.

Can we please get Neca to do the adult collectibles again?
If these figure were aimed at collectors, one would think that they would have tried harder at putting out figures that actually looked like the source material. NECA would have totally gotten down everything we would have wanted, for proof look no further than the gremlins and TMNT figures already released

These figures, as is, look like potbellied toon turtles with a just a bit more painted detail and accurate belts.

Them hiding the 2014 movie figures is really urking me, like they are ashamed of the toys or something. Transformers showed their junk.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #1065
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
Them hiding the 2014 movie figures is really urking me, like they are ashamed of the toys or something. Transformers showed their junk.
Yes they did....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #1066
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I had the exact same thought!!! So glad I'm not the only one with a dirty mind, lol!
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:03 AM   #1067
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
I think the figures borrowing the battle shell bodies are more likely place holders remember the prototype smaller battle shell figures? They were using the bodies of the basics.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #1068
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
Guess I'm minority but I really like the movie classics. If you guys want shredder and splinter, then buy them. That's the only way we get those
I bought the first 6 Classics and all of the Retro turtles they released in 2013. But I won't be buying these movie Classics. They aren't going for the adult collector here or they'd be trying harder than this. The likeness is crap. I don't blame anyone who likes them and buys them, but anyone who thinks they are a good likeness to the 1990 film is wrong IMO. That's what I was hoping they'd be and they aren't.

I will be buying lots of the upcoming Nick basics and the new half shell heroes though.

Still undecided on movie figures. I do like the new van though, pretty sure I will get that for sure. I'm sure I'll get more movie stuff besides this, just not sure on what yet.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 AM   #1069
madyankees
Hench Mutant
 
madyankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 329
I wonder if a much better paint app could be just the fix for the movie classics
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:55 AM   #1070
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Maybe. The biggest problem is the texture is way off...you might be able to point to specific instance where these figures are "on model" but the smooth shiny texture on the head especially is what distracts me the most.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:56 AM   #1071
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
probably enough to make the facial errors less noticeable.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:58 AM   #1072
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I knew this post was coming eventually. Yeah I recognized the Leo expression at first sight, but not the other 3. Not denying they sculpted them off of sceencaps, I still don't think they represent the film versions well. The bodies do a good job, not sold on the heads. I think some better colors in the paint and plastic could go a long way to help.

On another topic, I like this pic from Toy Ark:



It illustrates the different Nick waves very well.

I know it's hard to make out the little white signs but bare with me here:

Left-hand column (from bottom to top): wave 1, 2, 3, 4 [not shown: ooze turtles which should be part of wave 2 IIRC]
Middle column (from bottom to top): wave 5, 6, 7, 8 [8 being current wave as of today]
Right-hand column (bottom to top): wave 9, 10, 11, 12. [12 Seems in the very early planning stage though.]

Dang were the ooze turtle so bad that even Playmates wants us to forget about them? Honestly, I think the ooze turtles could end up being some of the rarer nick turtle variants going forward, sees they are printing more of the battle shells and stealth turtles than the ooze. I think the larp turtles could be popular too. Personally I am really looking forward to them! Love the removable helms.

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-17-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:11 AM   #1073
Danakin
Foot Soldier
 
Danakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NV
Posts: 209
Thank you. Finally someone else noticed that they are sculpted to resemble the stunt masks from the first film. Anytime there was a fight scene in the film they wore these expressions, for better or worse, and these figures are clearly replicating that. Of course they could stand for some more realistic texturing and/or drybrushing but I do appreciate Playmates' intentions here.
__________________
Check out my eBay auctions!
Danakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 AM   #1074
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Also I thought it might be fun to compare some 2013 promo images to these new promos:

"Splinter 2" from toy fair 2013:
Spoiler:


2014 "dojo splinter":
Spoiler:


2013 newtralizer:
Spoiler:


2014 newtralizer:
Spoiler:


I can't begin to express what a downgrade the new showing of newtralizer is...
On the flip side I think Dojo Splinter is an improvement
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:24 AM   #1075
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danakin View Post
Thank you. Finally someone else noticed that they are sculpted to resemble the stunt masks from the first film..
Most people already knew, at least with Leo the first time pictures of his prototype was shown.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #1076
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
um, not. Not what I remember of the initial discussion back in February (?) of the Leonardo figure, since his frozen expression was very reminiscent of one of the stunt masks.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #1077
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danakin View Post
Thank you. Finally someone else noticed that they are sculpted to resemble the stunt masks from the first film. Anytime there was a fight scene in the film they wore these expressions, for better or worse, and these figures are clearly replicating that. Of course they could stand for some more realistic texturing and/or drybrushing but I do appreciate Playmates' intentions here.
But the images I made that Chucker linked aren't the stunt heads those are the fully animatronic (are those the ones called "Hero") heads.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #1078
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Also I thought it might be fun to compare some 2013 promo images to these new promos:

"Splinter 2" from toy fair 2013:


2014 "dojo splinter":


2013 newtralizer:


2014 newtralizer:


I can't begin to express what a downgrade the new showing of newtralizer is...
On the flip side I think Dojo Splinter is an improvement
Poor Newtralizer, he looks so silly with the latest paint app.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #1079
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
I have only one gripe about what I've seen so far...

Yes, paint app this, articulation that, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...but there's like NO bad guy stuff....sure the villain roster is growing which I love (TMNT can NEVER have enough butts to kick) but where are the vehicles and playsets man?!? "Damn!" (a la Movie Raph)

....oh yeah, can not wait for that crane Z-Line. Hope they keep that going in this line throughout.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #1080
Shogi
Hench Mutant
 
Shogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 308
No pictures allowed of it, but apparently DST is making Nick Turtle Minimates!
Shogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.