The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #421
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Why can't they air this show as much as Sanjay and Craig to build up viewership? Why is that horrible show being hyped so much? It also wouldn't kill them to keep the new shows airing in a consistent time slot instead of having it on Saturday and then moving it to Sunday and then moving it to Friday only to move it back to Sunday again. They need to keep up with the advertising as well because if I were a casual, I'd never even know when new shows come back on. So, from the looks of it, it seems to be doing good but they could still handle it a little better in my opinion if they want the ratings up.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 03-05-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:01 PM   #422
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Why can't they air this show as much as Sanjay and Craig to build up viewership? Why is that horrible show being hyped so much? It also wouldn't kill them to keep the new shows airing in a consistent time slot instead of having it on Saturday and then moving it to Sunday and then moving it to Friday only to move it back to Sunday again. They need to keep up with the advertising as well because if I were a casual, I'd never even know when new shows come back on. So, from the looks of it, it seems to be doing good but they could still handle it a little better in my opinion if they want the ratings up.
I don't even watch the show when it airs, I prefer a show to complete it's season and then come out on DVD, and then I just watch the whole thing in one big marathon. I'm not a nielsen member, so me watching it when it's on the air is completely irrelevant.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:22 AM   #423
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I doubt it, the episode personally is so good, I'm sure people will see it again whenever it comes on.
But people can watch the episode at any time they want on their PC and laptop while on tv they willl still have to wait more than 1 weeks. As evryone nowdays has PC and or laptop i dont think that by the time it airs tv there will be anyone left who has not see it online.
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #424
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Updated ratings from the most recent episodes. Not sure what's causing the big decline.

Mazes & Mutants
2.674 million viewers

The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
2.317 million viewers

Newtralized!
2.031 million viewers
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #425
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Updated ratings from the most recent episodes. Not sure what's causing the big decline.

Mazes & Mutants
2.674 million viewers

The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
2.317 million viewers

Newtralized!
2.031 million viewers
Probably the long rerun breaks and kids don't know new episodes are airing
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #426
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Shoving it to Sundays because they need to advertise their new crappy shows?
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #427
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Machete Kills...Ratings.

But let's keep in mind Sunday was Mother's Day.

You did know Sunday was Mother's Day right??

You did get your Mother something for Mother's Day right??
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #428
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
I called mine on the phone, does that count

I bet that is what is doing it with the ratings. If the new episode dates are all over the place, who knows if you are going to get a new episode or just another rerun?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #429
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
also schools are starting to let out and families are going on vacations ect... the ratings will go down during the summer.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #430
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Pizza Face had 2.291 million viewers.

An increase over the previous week plus it had higher ratings than both episodes of Spongebob during the 10 am hour.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #431
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Pizza Face had 2.291 million viewers.

An increase over the previous week plus it had higher ratings than both episodes of Spongebob during the 10 am hour.
Good. Nick should really promote the show more with commercials like they do with everything else.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #432
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Wrath of Tiger Claw had 2.300 million viewers, an increase over the previous new episode.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...n-more/271830/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #433
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Wrath of Tiger Claw had 2.300 million viewers, an increase over the previous new episode.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...n-more/271830/
I'm not really even interested in the actual ratings anymore, 2.2 to 2.6 will be what they will do.

I'm curious is to how much of that .4 swing buys the episodes on amazon or ITunes before they air? Because I think we can all agree Nick will gladly take the money made off the episodes over the .4 swing if even a quarter of that audience buys the episodes online, that they didn't make during season 1.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:35 PM   #434
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
So yeah...

I totally don't consider ratings very important, especially not as important as it was in the days before digital downloads etc.

But I noticed that "The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto" only got 1.9M views... which is the lowest to-date.

Any theories why? Maybe just because it's summer and ratings dip in the summer?

It's never dropped bellow 2 Million before, even during the summer months last year.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #435
JH24
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 470
^

The 15th of June was Father's Day, maybe that had some impact on the viewers.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #436
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
So yeah...

I totally don't consider ratings very important, especially not as important as it was in the days before digital downloads etc.

But I noticed that "The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto" only got 1.9M views... which is the lowest to-date.

Any theories why? Maybe just because it's summer and ratings dip in the summer?

It's never dropped bellow 2 Million before, even during the summer months last year.
It's no surprise the two lowest rated episodes this season were episodes that fell on Father's Day and Mother's Day, for a show watched primarily by kids will hurt the ratings on those days. That just comes with the territory of the show airing on Sunday.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #437
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
I think its the lengthy rerun breaks that's killing interest in the show. People don't know when a new episode is airing because of months of reruns, so they miss it on TV and just watch it illegally online which of course doesn't contribute to ratings.

Hell that's what I've been doing. I work on Sundays so I just wait for someone to upload a stream of the episode online where I can watch it later. I'm sure many others do the same.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #438
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
'Vengeance is Mine.'

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...p-more/278245/

TMNT is the only Nickelodeon Show that made it into the list with 2.168 Million Viewers. The .6 Adult rating is pretty impressive!
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #439
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...p-more/278245/

TMNT is the only Nickelodeon Show that made it into the list with 2.168 Million Viewers. The .6 Adult rating is pretty impressive!
I wish the ratings would go up. Nick really needs to promote the show more.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #440
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
'Chinatown' bombed in the ratings last week to its lowest ratings in the series history. Didn't even make the Top 100 shows for the day. Friday at 8 is a terrible timeslot.

8:00 TEENAGE MUTAN NINJA TURTLES 0.19 adult demo 1,332 total viewers

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/forum...1214-4/page/2/
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
7 seasons at least, nick, ratings


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.