The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #141
rodster6
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 76
Seeing the potential for the Utroms to be included in the film has boosted the little enthusiasm I had about seeing the film. I actually said to a friend of mine a week or two ago that I thought Shredder may be Utrom after he said in the trailer about creating heros, as if he were behind the Mutagen.
rodster6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #142
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestermon View Post
Well then their would be no movie without the sci fi there would be no turtles I think you missed what ninja turtles is about.
No. I haven't. You're seeing only one side to it. Just look at Steve Barron's Turtles. No Utroms. And it was still the complete essence of Turtles. I think you missed a huge, iconic representation of the Turtles from 1990.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #143
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
No. I haven't. You're seeing only one side to it. Just look at Steve Barron's Turtles. No Utroms. And it was still the complete essence of Turtles. I think you missed a huge, iconic representation of the Turtles from 1990.
Technically Barron's film followed more along the Mirage comics first issue storyline.

No Utroms in there either.
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #144
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Technically Barron's film followed more along the Mirage comics first issue storyline.

No Utroms in there either.
Uhh, that's what I was trying to say...
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #145
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
I don't want to interfere in anyones conversion so I will make my own conversion I am pretty ok if they do become utroms anyone agree if you like kraang then I think you should like utroms my option
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #146
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
No. I haven't. You're seeing only one side to it. Just look at Steve Barron's Turtles. No Utroms. And it was still the complete essence of Turtles. I think you missed a huge, iconic representation of the Turtles from 1990.
While I more or less agree with you (some things were still way off in the movie), whether or not there's Utroms actually seen or IN the movie the virtue of the Turtles' very existence introduces a fairly prevalent sci-fi element. It's right there in the title.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:18 PM   #147
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
Uhh, that's what I was trying to say...
I meant there were no Utroms in the movie, but since it was following the first issue of Mirage, nothing about the film necessarily indicated Utroms weren't in that continuity either.

Until Secret of the Ooze, of course.
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #148
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I meant there were no Utroms in the movie, but since it was following the first issue of Mirage, nothing about the film necessarily indicated Utroms weren't in that continuity either.

Until Secret of the Ooze, of course.
A part of me think SOTO might have been better had they kept the Utroms in. I mean the reason they left it out was they didn't want to confuse people about krang, But really Krang wasn't the only of his race was he? So if they has a good Utrom and maybe mention krang it could have been great.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:11 AM   #149
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
While I more or less agree with you (some things were still way off in the movie), whether or not there's Utroms actually seen or IN the movie the virtue of the Turtles' very existence introduces a fairly prevalent sci-fi element. It's right there in the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I meant there were no Utroms in the movie, but since it was following the first issue of Mirage, nothing about the film necessarily indicated Utroms weren't in that continuity either.

Until Secret of the Ooze, of course.
Hmm. That's pretty true
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #150
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Nothing in SOTO really makes it impossible for the Professor to be an Utrom. Sadly the reveal never happens, but he still could have just been one the whole time without anyone knowing.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:05 AM   #151
TheMexicanStaringFrog
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Nothing in SOTO really makes it impossible for the Professor to be an Utrom. Sadly the reveal never happens, but he still could have just been one the whole time without anyone knowing.
Actually that was the plan, i read somewhere Pete's letters to someone but they went another direction. For me that was the worst part of original movies, lack of any turtle villains. Campy tone wouldn't bother me that much if they just gave me some good villains...
TheMexicanStaringFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 AM   #152
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,509
Oh, very interesting. I hope there is Utroms/Krang in this movie series. It would be cool if the ending was a cliff-hanger to an impending invasion.

That video clip about Shredder sounds like Eric becomes the next Shredder...as in theres been multiple Shredders since the originals defeat, but then what about Karai? Either way sounds exciting.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:41 AM   #153
TheMexicanStaringFrog
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 20
http://peterlairdstmntblog.blogspot....on-second.html
Here it is...
TheMexicanStaringFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:34 AM   #154
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanStaringFrog View Post
Thanks! This will make for a good read!

Quote:
Anyway… one main concern is that the second (and any subsequent) movie stay as much away from the cartoon show, and as close to the original black and white comics, as the first movie did. We don't want to see Bebop and Rocksteady, or Krang, or any of the other goofy characters. We feel that there is plenty of material in the black and white books to form the basis for another good movie.
Oh.... >_o
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #155
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Okay, let's try opening this thread, since the trailer one's doing well...

Again, feel free to debate and disagree, just be decent to each other.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #156
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
A part of me think SOTO might have been better had they kept the Utroms in. I mean the reason they left it out was they didn't want to confuse people about krang, But really Krang wasn't the only of his race was he?
Has that been confirmed by anyone involved with the movie?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #157
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Has that been confirmed by anyone involved with the movie?
as far as i have seen
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #158
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
as the pieces of the puzzle come together, things are starting to get very interesting. my level of anticipation for this film just went up a few clicks.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #159
Pondslider
Foot Soldier
 
Pondslider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanStaringFrog View Post
Man, I wish Peter Laird was still involved with the franchise.
Pondslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, utroms


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.