![]() |
|
|
#961 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
|
Just picked up the newest wave of sets, but haven't gotten to build the Sub or Rocket.
I really like the mutants and am loving armored Raphael (still find it weird they gave us unmutated-Spiderbytez). Shredder's Throne room looks incredible, I kind of want another one to make it even bigger. |
|
|
|
|
|
#962 |
|
Merchandise Maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
|
I found them all at TRU except for the Shredder lair and the Spider Bytez set. I didn't get any, I'll probably only pick up the Karai set since it's the cheapest and has Karai. These things are really too dang expensive for me to collect...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#963 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
|
Quote:
The Spiderbytes set should have included one or two more Kraang to make the set make a bit more sense.
__________________
![]() "Party Wagon on the Move!" Last edited by darthwahl56; 04-20-2014 at 09:13 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#964 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Happy Easter everyone! Today I got Shredders Lair and Karais Bike Escape. I already built Karais Bike Escape. It's pretty nice, I like Karai. It's great that Lego is going the realistic route with the humans.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#965 | |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
Quote:
I really like the recolored shredder in Shredder's Lair. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#966 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#967 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
|
I love the new Shredder, the throne as a whole makes for a great display piece. But the 4-arm Foot ninja could use some extra work, and Mikey getting a non-foolish face is nice.
The T-Rocket set doesn't make much sense to me though - I wish LEGO would release a Kraang human disguise figure that isn't impossible to find. |
|
|
|
|
|
#968 | ||
|
Kitchen Ninja
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
|
Quote:
Also they should add scabbards to the foot so they can have there weapons on there backs Currently trying to convence my wife purchase T rocket and spider bitez sets as well as custom Brick forge weapons and accessories and Bricklink scabbards so my foot can have some stuff. Got the kero GI joe ninja set and there scabbards holds three sword and fits Lego really well so know my shredder will look like a BA as soon as i can get some of the things i need
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....love you mom... Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#969 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#970 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
|
Quote:
but i have always wanted "army" packs for tmnt, i felt its one of the few toy franchises that would benefit from it ive seen other higher end companies do it for not so known series just charge a happy medium between to separate figures
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me. ![]() ![]() https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#971 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
![]() Free "flashback Shredder" minifig with 30€ or more purchase (from any theme apparently) at LEGO stores in May, not sure if this will be ALL territories or not. We have to wait for the next LEGO calendar to come out. In other news, Target stores now have the 2014 TMNT sets in stores, saw some yesterday. (semi-related: They also have the Simpsons collectible minifigure series if you are into that like me |
|
|
|
|
|
#972 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,461
|
Quote:
And I'm loving the Oroku Saki figure - gives me an excuse to use all the double points I got a few weeks ago! Might need more than one of him, I really like the Foot look. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#973 | |
|
Kitchen Ninja
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
|
seriously lol
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....love you mom... Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#974 |
|
New Recruit
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
|
Picked up the Karai set and the mutation chamber over the weekend. Shredders Lair is next, holding off on the sub as I rather get the batcave first.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#975 |
|
Merchandise Maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
|
Wow, "flashback" Shredder is awesome! If he comes to the US I totally wanna get him.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#976 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
|
Of course it's in May and not in June in which I'll be spending $150 for the Ghostbusters set and Benny's Spaceship...
I'll probably just get Shredders lair.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#977 | |
|
Kitchen Ninja
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
|
The lair is totally worth is its a great set
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....love you mom... Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#978 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
I wish Lego would go out of business for a year or two. Just a year to myself to recollect money to blow on so many sets. Lego is expensive |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#979 | ||
|
Kitchen Ninja
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
|
Quote:
Lego is one of the only toy companies making major profits and expanding most other toy companies are struggling due to the economy. there prices are pretty high but there production is far better then other competing blocks. Though i remember seeing an Article about them possible switching to different materials to save some money to lower prices. BUt if my memory is correct they were having issues finding materials to match colors and keeping them consistent
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....love you mom... Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#980 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
most LEGO pieces are still made in Europe and using high quality plastic. This is a big part of the cost
LEGO also last for many decades! So consider it an investment Anyway I'm so interested in many different LEGO themes that if I were only interested in TMNT LEGO i'd be a way way richer, I have to cut back myself |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|