![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
Turtlemania Gold 2/10 On Pedigree
The owner of one of the only currently known Turtlemania Golds is taking it to comic auction. And no, this isn't my copy (the guy dropped my name though, lol):
http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auctio...issue_id=32271 Oh aand before anyone asks, I did not write what he said about me. Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 07-20-2010 at 02:47 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Very gnarly. In all seriousness, who would win the "Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" contest between you & Ivey? Lol... Jokes aside, I wonder what that puppy will sell for. Keep us updated if you happen to find out!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
|
Uhm, is it true what it says about the regular white edition? That it's been sold for that much? Cos I have one of those and I didn't pay anything special... Just what you would pay for any old "whatever"-comic book,
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Scatter the nuns!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
|
"Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" has got to be your new custom title!!!
And as far as know, that $$$ for the white is a myth. I have no clue where he pulled that number from. But I guess we'll see what it goes for. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
幸 - 愛 - 思う
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
|
Quote:
-ms |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
I paid a whole 12 dollars for my white copy. Things are only worth what people are willing to spend on them. I sure wouldn't buy that thing for more then 20 bucks, I don't care how rare it is. I have it already just a different color cover. This is why I don't own a first print of the original comic. I could spend over 1 grand on a single item or I could buy several items, like the statues for example.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
|
yeah, I kinda agree with you Spitfire. That comic is neat because of the sketches and low print run but it's just not for me. I'd rather invest in original comic art as those are one of a kind. I do however own a first printing of issue 1 as that is something I had to have as a TMNT fan. I guess the moral of the story is, "to each it's own".
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Archon, if you don't have "Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" put on business cards as your job title I might just have to kick you.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
Quote:
and I'm pretty goddamn pretentious. Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 07-20-2010 at 03:01 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
|
Quote:
Personally, I'd never pay such prices for something I could get exactly the same content for for $10, the only difference being a different color cover. But that's just me; I'm more into TMNT comics for the content than the rarity. Sort of why I actually opted to buy later printings of most of the Volume 1 issues in my collection because they had bonus stories in them over first printings. I buy my comics to read, less so to showcase. No offense intended to those who *do*, it's just not for me, that's all. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Quote:
Just think of the GREAT EXPRESSIONS you'll get when you use them for winning free lunches at restaurants.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
|
I will be interested as to when this goes to auction, keep us posted, Stephan..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie... |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 438
|
Did this ever come up for auction? If so, anyone catch what it sold for?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
They removed it from the auction list before the auction went live.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
|
Damn, that sucks.. I wonder why?
__________________
![]() "He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes." |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
|
probably another private sale else where..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie... |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 234
|
I just saw this book today. It was the same 2/10 Gold edition. I asked to hold it just so I can say I did. The owner was asking an insane amount.
__________________
Cowa...(wait for it)..Bunga |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
|
Where'd you see it? How much was he asking for?
__________________
Grady Sewer Sirens Podcast [email protected] Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2 Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|