The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #1961
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
And we were right, just compare your mikey wih the most recent one, your's is missing some paint apps on the hands, and ifyou remeber i did say that raph looked more like the real deal then mikey
When I posted them I was never stating that the were the final products, but I did have a feeling that they could be (or very close to it). The biggest thing people were saying is "that can't be because they don't have pupils"...well it looks like they won't have them after all! I'm not debating/arguing as I have no insight into Playmates or what their final product will be...I simply stated that it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being what we got at retail.... and honestly I don't much care either way.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #1962
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Interesting. That's one of the same pics I received (and posted here) a while ago. I would assume that's one of the final figures like I'm getting, but I don't know.
it must be his picture cus look he has stealth tech mikey and it is in the same background. and look at this picture his hands look like some one drawled black on his hands and i know cus i own this mikey
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #1963
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
When I posted them I was never stating that the were the final products, but I did have a feeling that they could be (or very close to it). The biggest thing people were saying is "that can't be because they don't have pupils"...well it looks like they won't have them after all! I'm not debating/arguing as I have no insight into Playmates or what their final product will be...I simply stated that it wouldn't surprise me if this ended up being what we got at retail.... and honestly I don't much care either way.
Never said you did. And the only thing I remember people saying was that Mikey looked unfineshed, that he was missing some paint apps, in fact I was the first to mention the eyes, not that it had to have eyes to be the final version but that it was one of the various paint apps that he was missing when compared to the official picture.

Raph was always refered to the closest and possible final version of the toy, but Mikey was obviously not the final one.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #1964
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Everyone The HD Pictures Were By Morgan Strong On Facebook He Took Them And He Told Me That They Were A Gift By Someone
He Is The One that Was Selling them on Ebay he Told Me PMTs Told Him To Take The Bid Down Cus PMTs Did not Want Anyone Having them

Last edited by tmntmikey23; 05-20-2014 at 12:54 PM.
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #1965
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Never said you did. And the only thing I remember people saying was that Mikey looked unfineshed, that he was missing some paint apps, in fact I was the first to mention the eyes, not that it had to have eyes to be the final version but that it was one of the various paint apps that he was missing when compared to the official picture.

Raph was always refered to the closest and possible final version of the toy, but Mikey was obviously not the final one.

Ummmm... ok?!

On another note... it looks like my Movie Raph, Newtralizer, and Slash arrived today. I'm at work and won't get home until late tonight, but my wife told me it arrived today. Can't wait to open it!!! I'll get pics up tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rickwj324; 05-20-2014 at 12:46 PM.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #1966
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
UPDATE Guys Morgan Strong Said That he Never Meant To Sell The Figures That High On Ebay And He Said If Anyone Wants To Review Them And Buy Them From Him He Will Help Them Out And He Said Hi's Offer For Them All Is 150 Bucks But I Think He Can Go Lower If He Is In The Mood But He Wants Someone that Will Review them On Youtube Like For Example Pixel Dan. PM If You Interested I Will Tell Him For You
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #1967
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Never said you did. And the only thing I remember people saying was that Mikey looked unfineshed, that he was missing some paint apps, in fact I was the first to mention the eyes, not that it had to have eyes to be the final version but that it was one of the various paint apps that he was missing when compared to the official picture.

Raph was always refered to the closest and possible final version of the toy, but Mikey was obviously not the final one.
Looks like the Mikey pics Rick have, have the same paint app as the pictures of the Mikey in-package.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #1968
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Looks like the Mikey pics Rick have, have the same paint app as the pictures of the Mikey in-package.
Dude The Picture Rick has Was No Dout Ether A Prototype Or A Boot Leg Cus Look At Ricks Picture mikey hand Does Not Have The gray Thing Painted In The Box One Its Painted
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #1969
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
Dude The Picture Rick has Was No Dout Ether A Prototype Or A Boot Leg Cus Look At Ricks Picture mikey hand Does Not Have The gray Thing Painted In The Box One Its Painted
Looks more like the metal plates on Mikey's gloves are reflecting light, as they look brighter then color of the gloves themselves.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #1970
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Looks more like the metal plates on Mikey's gloves are reflecting light, as they look brighter then color of the gloves themselves.
Thanks for responding CK!! So is that what it's come down to now? When i posted the pics everyone was stating how incomplete they were and how they couldn't be final due to the numerous missing paint apps, mainly the eyes! Now the only thing missing is a little strip of paint on the gloves?!

I simply posted the pics, I didn't take them. I didn't claim that they were the final product as I couldn't confirm either way. I did believe though that the figures I was getting were pretty much completed and very well could be the final products, especially after factoring in many Playmates figures with their lack of paint apps. I wasn't trying to start a debate, I just wanted to share these pics with you guys as early as possible.

BTW... "if" the only difference in paint apps is that little piece on his hand then the figures I have very well could be the final product. Things like that happen to retail figures all the time. You can pick up two of the same figure in a store and compare them and find little discrepencies like that. Heck, Mutagen man's eyes are a perfect example. Both are 'finished' products, both in retail stores, yet some had pupils and some didn't. I'm just sayin'....

The movie figurs are pretty low on my "gotta have it" list. After getting these prototypes (or whatever they are) I will eventually buy the complete set of them just because I do collect turtle figures. I am psyched about getting home tonight though and looking at my Newtralizer and Slash figures (and movie Raph, mainly for curiosity)!!

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #1971
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Thanks for responding CK!! So is that what it's come down to now? When i posted the pics everyone was stating how incomplete they were and how they couldn't be final due to the numerous missing paint apps, mainly the eyes! Now the only thing missing is a little strip of paint on the gloves?!

I simply posted the pics, I didn't take them. I didn't claim that they were the final product as I couldn't confirm either way. I did believe though that the figures I was getting were pretty much completed and very well could be the final products, especially after factoring in many Playmates figures with their lack of paint apps. I wasn't trying to start a debate, I just wanted to share these pics with you guys as early as possible.

BTW... "if" the only difference in paint apps is that little piece on his hand then the figures I have very well could be the final product. Things like that happen to retail figures all the time. You can pick up two of the same figure in a store and compare them and find little discrepencies like that. Heck, Mutagen man's eyes are a perfect example. Both are 'finished' products, both in retail stores, yet some had pupils and some didn't. I'm just sayin'....

The movie figurs are pretty low on my "gotta have it" list. After getting these prototypes (or whatever they are) I will eventually buy the complete set of them just because I do collect turtle figures. I am psyched about getting home tonight though and looking at my Newtralizer and Slash figures (and movie Raph, mainly for curiosity)!!

Rick
I know what your saying all the members but a few complain for paint and stupid things i just ignore them
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #1972
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Thanks for responding CK!! So is that what it's come down to now? When i posted the pics everyone was stating how incomplete they were and how they couldn't be final due to the numerous missing paint apps, mainly the eyes! Now the only thing missing is a little strip of paint on the gloves?!

I simply posted the pics, I didn't take them. I didn't claim that they were the final product as I couldn't confirm either way. I did believe though that the figures I was getting were pretty much completed and very well could be the final products, especially after factoring in many Playmates figures with their lack of paint apps. I wasn't trying to start a debate, I just wanted to share these pics with you guys as early as possible.

BTW... "if" the only difference in paint apps is that little piece on his hand then the figures I have very well could be the final product. Things like that happen to retail figures all the time. You can pick up two of the same figure in a store and compare them and find little discrepencies like that. Heck, Mutagen man's eyes are a perfect example. Both are 'finished' products, both in retail stores, yet some had pupils and some didn't. I'm just sayin'....

The movie figurs are pretty low on my "gotta have it" list. After getting these prototypes (or whatever they are) I will eventually buy the complete set of them just because I do collect turtle figures. I am psyched about getting home tonight though and looking at my Newtralizer and Slash figures (and movie Raph, mainly for curiosity)!!

Rick
Dude, stop getting defensive, no one's attacking you. The Mikey you posted is unfinished, nothing about it, no one is acusing you of posting anything missleading, we're just mentioning that it's not a finish product, you can compare yourself with the one posted over at the bootleg thread, yours is missing some paint app when compared with that one (who I believe is not a bootleg but just a figure that was taken from the Playmates factory).

And again, people where only saying that Mikey was not finished, not Raph, everyone prety much agreed that he was thew final product, or at least close to it, no one was attacking you, we apreciate that you took the time to post the photos.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #1973
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Dude, stop getting defensive, no one's attacking you. The Mikey you posted is unfinished, nothing about it, no one is acusing you of posting anything missleading, we're just mentioning that it's not a finish product, you can compare yourself with the one posted over at the bootleg thread, yours is missing some paint app when compared with that one (who I believe is not a bootleg but just a figure that was taken from the Playmates factory).

And again, people where only saying that Mikey was not finished, not Raph, everyone prety much agreed that he was thew final product, or at least close to it, no one was attacking you, we apreciate that you took the time to post the photos.
he was not saying anyone attacked him he just is mad cus everyone complains about it and is not great full
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #1974
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmikey23 View Post
he was not saying anyone attacked him he just is mad cus everyone complains about it and is not great full
Actually Mikey...I'm not mad. It's all good.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #1975
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
Dude, stop getting defensive, no one's attacking you. The Mikey you posted is unfinished, nothing about it, no one is acusing you of posting anything missleading, we're just mentioning that it's not a finish product, you can compare yourself with the one posted over at the bootleg thread, yours is missing some paint app when compared with that one (who I believe is not a bootleg but just a figure that was taken from the Playmates factory).

And again, people where only saying that Mikey was not finished, not Raph, everyone prety much agreed that he was thew final product, or at least close to it, no one was attacking you, we apreciate that you took the time to post the photos.
But what is the missing paint app?

The figure in-package looks more or less the same as the one in Rick's photo. The in-package one even got the missing paint on the plastron on the top, giving Mikey a V-neck look.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #1976
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Well.. to change the topic a bit... what do you guys think about starting a new trading thread for the Mystery Mini's and Takara Tomy figures??? Since these are 'blind bag' figures, I'm sure there will be those looking for certain single figures or looking to complete full sets.

I've ordered a case of each but plan on ordering more cases (assuming I can find more tomy cases to order... most places are sold out). Once I get them in and break them down, I know I will be posting a thread of items to trade. Instead of me having my own list in the buy/sell/trade forum, it seems like it might be a good idea to have a communal thread where everyone can post their wants/haves.

I know the Takara figures are 10 to a pack. I'm hoping it will give 2 full sets of turtles, plus 2 extras. The Mystery Mini's have 12 in a box, but there is 12 different figures in total. I don't know if we will get a complete set in a box, or if there will be short packs. I really hope to complete a full set with just one box, but who knows if that's possible??!!

Just a thought.... Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #1977
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Actually Mikey...I'm not mad. It's all good.
well thats good
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #1978
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
But what is the missing paint app?

The figure in-package looks more or less the same as the one in Rick's photo. The in-package one even got the missing paint on the plastron on the top, giving Mikey a V-neck look.
His hands for example.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #1979
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
His hands for example.
They both have un-painted beads, and as for the metal plate, inspecting Rick's photo, they do seem to have the same metal paint job like the ones in-package, and reflects the light differently then the rest of the gloves.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #1980
tmntmikey23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NV Las vegas
Posts: 974
Guys The Pictures Sam Posted Are Forbidden Now They cant be Shown No More
tmntmikey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.