The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #2541
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
tonight i went to another Target and to my surprise i found these
On shelf or did you have them pull 'em from back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Just got this big guy !!
Hmmm production sample of an upcoming new figure? Or sample of a figure that was made and they decided not to release? Interesting either way!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #2542
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
they were on the shelves along with combat gear for the new movie which was surprising
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #2543
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
tonight i went to another Target and to my surprise i found these
OT, I could help but notice that doggie pillow. That is so cute!
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #2544
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Just to clarify: That 11 inch Shredder should be coming out soon, they showed him off at Toy Fair.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #2545
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowChucker View Post
I wish they would make an 11 movie Shredder to go with the Bay Turtles. They're by far the coolest TMNT figures I've ever seen, and/or owned. Even better than NECA. Such size, detail, and presence. They need to battle a Shredder in that scale.
I disagree I think those movie figures are meh . No wrist swivels , yellow weapons , No pupils ,and there bright skin tones they were only a little bit darker than the nick figures . All of those things bug me about those figures but I still respect your opinion
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #2546
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Well the new DCPI number works, but they refuse to sell them to me till July 6! I begged lol but no cigar
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #2547
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
Well the new DCPI number works, but they refuse to sell them to me till July 6! I begged lol but no cigar
Which dpci? The movie basics or the 11' movie figures?
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #2548
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
087-06-0461. Now according to him that DCPI number is for all the new movie line of figures! But he said it's an 8,000 dollar fine if there rang up before July 6th!
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #2549
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
087-06-0461. Now according to him that DCPI number is for all the new movie line of figures! But he said it's an 8,000 dollar fine if there rang up before July 6th!
Seems very extreme... considering how easily I've gotten employees to sell them to me I'm not sure if the fine is legit... that may be worst-case scenario for certain items, but seriously a few action figures that will probably be shelf warming anyway? Target and other stores should be super happy to have people even wanting to buy them!

Oh and let's not forget several people here have already said some of these items have been found ON SHELF, so they didn't even have to request them pulled out of the stock room. There's probably thousands of 2014 Movie items already sold to customers in the USA alone... that's a lot of fines!

Bottom line is... employees will feed you just about any line in the book. If they won't sell them, that's fine... just move on to another store and hope for the best. But I'm not believing this fine nonsense

I firmly believe that a "shelf date" is not the same as a "do not sell before" date, they are different for different reasons.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #2550
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
I agree! I'm going to go to the store tomorrow I think and speak with someone else face to face, there are 4 Targets in my area so hopefully I'll hit pay dirt lol!
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:23 PM   #2551
Vundi
Hench Mutant
 
Vundi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
tonight i went to another Target and to my surprise i found these

Those are the big ones, right? I picked up the 4-5 inch scale ones from Target on Tuesday. I actually kind of like them.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #2552
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quick snap of some of my newer figs.

Before anyone asks (I've already mentioned this before, but just in case): All the 2014 movie figs were from target. The nick figs were from amazon.

Click for a much larger version.

Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #2553
Slash32
Hench Mutant
 
Slash32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Posts: 353
So I called one of my local targets looking for the van now I knew they had but he told me some bs about them not coming till next Tuesday so I called the next store and bam got em
[IMG] IMAG0304 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] IMAG0308 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] IMAG0310 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] IMAG0313 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] IMAG0312 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] IMAG0314 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG] IMAG0315 by the_real_slash, on Flickr[/IMG]
__________________
My Collection take a look tell me what you think thanks.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38168[/URL]
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #2554
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
Congrat's on getting the van. That Leo looks really nice. How much were they?
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #2555
Slash32
Hench Mutant
 
Slash32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Riverside, Ca.
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
Congrat's on getting the van. That Leo looks really nice. How much were they?
$39.99 at target.
__________________
My Collection take a look tell me what you think thanks.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38168[/URL]
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #2556
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
For them to market that as an exclusive leonardo is one of the biggest lines of BS I have ever read

Yeah the paint apps are not the same but it's so totally minor apart from the eyes, which no offense, don't look that well applied to me.

Thanks though I definitely want the van.

And, sorry, can you share the DPCI? It may have been posted but I can't find it
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #2557
Vundi
Hench Mutant
 
Vundi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
For them to market that as an exclusive leonardo is one of the biggest lines of BS I have ever read

Yeah the paint apps are not the same but it's so totally minor apart from the eyes, which no offense, don't look that well applied to me.

Thanks though I definitely want the van.

And, sorry, can you share the DPCI? It may have been posted but I can't find it
Yeah man. That's the weakest "exclusive" I've seen in a while. Just leave off some paint apps and call it an exclusive figure? I'd rather they leave the figure out and drop the price by 5 bucks.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #2558
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
It's weird, it looks like they added some paint app's in certain areas to the exclusive & took some off in others.
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #2559
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Seems very extreme... considering how easily I've gotten employees to sell them to me I'm not sure if the fine is legit... that may be worst-case scenario for certain items, but seriously a few action figures that will probably be shelf warming anyway? Target and other stores should be super happy to have people even wanting to buy them!

Oh and let's not forget several people here have already said some of these items have been found ON SHELF, so they didn't even have to request them pulled out of the stock room. There's probably thousands of 2014 Movie items already sold to customers in the USA alone... that's a lot of fines!

Bottom line is... employees will feed you just about any line in the book. If they won't sell them, that's fine... just move on to another store and hope for the best. But I'm not believing this fine nonsense

I firmly believe that a "shelf date" is not the same as a "do not sell before" date, they are different for different reasons.
To be fair, it's probably a recent thing that's come in from the head offices. I'd imagine that some of the regional managers have read the riot act to the store managers - from there it's kind of trickled down. Based on that, some stores will be more strict about it, some won't.

Still, it's really cool to see the excitement of those of you who have gotten their paws on the figures early - I'm happy for you guys.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #2560
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Those eyes on the Leo are, uh, interesting.



10/10 playmates
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.