The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #281
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
I wouldn't be surprised if Vernon doesn't say that line at all in the movie and it was just thrown in for marketing. It also doesn't sound like Will Arnett's voice.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #282
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but anyone else think that when Michelangelo says "Leo's in trouble!" It sounds EXACTLY like the Nickelodeon Mikey? Like, 100%.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #283
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but anyone else think that when Michelangelo says "Leo's in trouble!" It sounds EXACTLY like the Nickelodeon Mikey? Like, 100%.
I definitely agree. I heard that too. However, I doubt he'll sound like Greg Cipes throughout the movie, it was just the way he delivered that particular line.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #284
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
He ALSO said that it was one of many scripts drafted and that his words were taken out of context. They are Ninja's, not aliens.. sorry elastic_sheep

Spoiler:


Btw.. It's " douchebag "
How can "These turtles are from an alien race" be taken out of context?


Yeah, i know. just a misspelling, i do those a lot...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #285
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
I doubt he sees it that way lol. He was misunderstood "according to him" anyways.. Seriously.. some people STILL post things like " Nope... not me. I'm not seeing this movie after Bay turned them into aliens, tats y it's stil Ninja Turtles"

I have NEVER seen such blatant stupidity surrounding a movie in my life. Well I don't think it was his fault.. it was just ONE of many drafts leaked deliberately.. and it's obvious why it was. Everyone wants to blame Bay for everything and anything. It's ridiculous..

Anyways.. it was funny.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #286
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
I doubt he sees it that way lol. He was misunderstood "according to him" anyways.. Seriously.. some people STILL post things like " Nope... not me. I'm not seeing this movie after Bay turned them into aliens, tats y it's stil Ninja Turtles"

I have NEVER seen such blatant stupidity surrounding a movie in my life. Well I don't think it was his fault.. it was just ONE of many drafts leaked deliberately.. and it's obvious why it was. Everyone wants to blame Bay for everything and anything. It's ridiculous..

Anyways.. it was funny.
Your ignorance amuses me...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #287
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Your ignorance amuses me...
I'm amazed at the blinders some posters have regarding this movie.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #288
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
How can "These turtles are from an alien race" be taken out of context?
Mirage turtles were mutated by a waste product of an alien device. That could be interpreted as "from aliens".
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #289
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage turtles were mutated by a waste product of an alien device. That could be interpreted as "from aliens".
Read the Blue Door script that Bay and Platinum Dunes ordered. No misinterpretations from that.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #290
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Your ignorance amuses me...
Yeah, coming from a guy who seems to spend all his energy attacking and belittling this film with little pause.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #291
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
At the end of the day this must be how Banshee must feel.

__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #292
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Yeah, coming from a guy who seems to spend all his energy attacking and belittling this film with little pause.
Not really, i barley post here anymore because you people are so thick headed and will defend every mornoic, retarded, balls out mind numbing idea that they can throw at you so no point in arguing it. I know one thing for certain, when in a month or two first god awful reviews come out and yes they will be that, i will be here to rub it in your noses.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #293
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Read the Blue Door script that Bay and Platinum Dunes ordered. No misinterpretations from that.
Oh I have, and I am aware. I'm just saying that "from an alien race" is not a completely impossible thing to say while still meaning the correct origin. Of course, they did not, as the script was an awful boring "chosen ones" **** storm.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:49 PM   #294
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Oh I have, and I am aware. I'm just saying that "from an alien race" is not a completely impossible thing to say while still meaning the correct origin. Of course, they did not, as the script was an awful boring "chosen ones" **** storm.
That script is why I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt. Everyone involved was just trying to cover their own asses and make it seem like we're all irrational fanboys that blew up over nothing.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #295
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Not really, i barley post here anymore because you people are so thick headed and will defend every mornoic, retarded, balls out mind numbing idea that they can throw at you so no point in arguing it. I know one thing for certain, when in a month or two first god awful reviews come out and yes they will be that, i will be here to rub it in your noses.
Okay, so what exactly did they do ballsy?
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #296
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
So how's everyone feeling now that we've had a day or two for the new footage to sink in?

Myself, seeing more of the Turtles has calmed me down considerably. Not in the sense that I'm feeling "Yay! This is the most awesome thing ever!" but it's giving me some type of closure - like ok, I see what they're doing, this is probably what it's going to be like, for better or for worse.

At this stage, I've developed a certain fatalistic amusement towards the entire thing - best to take what enjoyment you can from it (where you can) and retain a sense of humor about the parts you don't like. And for those who do enjoy the whole thing - kudos to them.

Even if you hate every part of it, it's not going to be the death of the franchise (I feel).
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #297
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
~Reads majority of posts~

__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #298
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Okay, so what exactly did they do ballsy?
They dug up Isac Newtons corpse had it's way with him, then they took donnie's bo staff and showed it in his ass, pressed the red button and lunched him into space where he floated into the heart of a daying star with the rest of the foot soldiers that Raphael punched and that's just physics related.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #299
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
They dug up Isac Newtons corpse had it's way with him, then they took donnie's bo staff and showed it in his ass, pressed the red button and lunched him into space where he floated into the heart of a daying star with the rest of the foot soldiers that Raphael punched and that's just physics related.
Seriosly it seems people are just nitpicking the smallest things, what's wrong with what Donatello did, all he did was press a red button and the car well it.. it was thrown in front of him, but it was probably a gadget so maybe that's why he said "always wanted to try this, maybe because splinter wouldn't let him use it, or because he never got a chance to use it,

why do haters of this movie keep talking about the Raphael thing?, yes Raph elbowed the foot soldier and he didn't fly into orbit or anything like that, since the Turtles are big he was thrown into the air a little.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #300
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
That script is why I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt. Everyone involved was just trying to cover their own asses and make it seem like we're all irrational fanboys that blew up over nothing.
Oh absolutely, I agree. It's a complete POS filled with dumb typical hollywood stuff that I do not care for. So many changes that are pointless at best or actively terrible at worst. I was only arguing the semantics of the post I quoted, my hopes for this movie being at all enjoyable are somewhere on the ocean floor. I'd love to be wrong, and for them to have learned from that terrible script, but there's already enough visible in the trailers to show that it's at least partially still intact so I really doubt it.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.