The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #301
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Why are there people argueing over the leaked script who cares, just drop it. I don't want this thread locked.
To divert positivity into negativity.. As usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
It shouldn't even be a debate. Some posters refuse to accept facts as reality.

Oh well, back to trailer talk. I wonder if the "are they aliens" dialogue in the trailer was put in by Evan Daugherty, the guy that was brought in to work on Nemec & Applebaum's original Blue Door script after the alien/mutant backlash happened.
So you continue... on and on and on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
At the end of the day this must be how Banshee must feel.
I agree.. It's obvious that some are trying to lock this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Not really, i barley post here anymore because you people are so thick headed and will defend every mornoic, retarded, balls out mind numbing idea that they can throw at you so no point in arguing it. I know one thing for certain, when in a month or two first god awful reviews come out and yes they will be that, i will be here to rub it in your noses.
Where... where the hell are you all? Grape? Bry? Sling? Jester? WHERE are you guys? "Everyone is just giving their honest opinions"... Crickets right now lol.
I am truly tired of the one sided ******** around here.

Election_shelve.. You have a serious surprise coming then.. I love how you even give everyone a heads up on your TROLLING Trust.. your the one that will be at a loss for words at the end of August. I promise. Why are you even here? Just to throw insults around and tell people how ignorant they are? If only we were as smart as you.. coming from the guy with a Beavis and Butthead sig?
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Your ignorance amuses me...
For all you that pile in with your "parental disciplinary attitudes" when someone says something like this.. where are you now? this post wouldn't start an argument? Does this look like " just an opinion" to you? O O I get it.. Just ignore her.. it's only offensive if you're offended right? right
O the irony Elastic_sheeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I'm amazed at the blinders some posters have regarding this movie.
You know what amazes me? The fact that posters can say things like this in regards to another poster "acting like he isn't watching" potentially starting another bickering match
and leading to another thread getting locked but yet if I or anybody from " the positive side " says ANYTHING of the sort? even calling you out on stuff like this? Poster after poster will pile in and demand that we ignore you and that you have the right to post your "opinions" anytime anywhere you'd like..

In regards to your insulting condescending post: What amazes me? is the extreme lengths that some will go just to invalidate everything they see bc they have already made up their minds.. but yet still frequent these threads.. I know I know.. it's their right.. just ignore.. EVERYONE on here has an ignore option. Not just the " blind positive side "

Last edited by Puddinpop; 06-15-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #302
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Couldn't have said better myself.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #303
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Seriosly it seems people are just nitpicking the smallest things, what's wrong with what Donatello did, all he did was press a red button and the car well it.. it was thrown in front of him, but it was probably a gadget so maybe that's why he said "always wanted to try this, maybe because splinter wouldn't let him use it, or because he never got a chance to use it,

why do haters of this movie keep talking about the Raphael thing?, yes Raph elbowed the foot soldier and he didn't fly into orbit or anything like that, since the Turtles are big he was thrown into the air a little.

and just like that your argument is disproven.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #304
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Oh absolutely, I agree. It's a complete POS filled with dumb typical hollywood stuff that I do not care for. So many changes that are pointless at best or actively terrible at worst. I was only arguing the semantics of the post I quoted, my hopes for this movie being at all enjoyable are somewhere on the ocean floor. I'd love to be wrong, and for them to have learned from that terrible script, but there's already enough visible in the trailers to show that it's at least partially still intact so I really doubt it.
... am I the only person who, now that they've gotten over the initial shock that was the Blue Door script, now finds it hilarious because of its badness? Cuz I'd be remiss not to admit here that the phrase "half-ass in a half-shell" has made it into my repertoire.

C'mon guys, let's retain our sense of humor about this whole thing. It's just a movie, no need to get so serious about dissenting opinions on it.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #305
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
http://s30.postimg.org/rjz0xcoup/image.jpg
and just like that your argument is disproven.
Your hate for this movie is truly hilarious, i truly admire your passion.

BTW how long did it take you to photoshop that?
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #306
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
http://s30.postimg.org/rjz0xcoup/image.jpg
and just like that your argument is disproven.
Didn't you just call someone out on their ignorance? Were you there on set? Bc I could have sworn that NONE of us saw how far back he went after being punched.. He fell back out of frame.. which was less than a half of foot.. So keep up with the exaggerations.. Its quite amusing watching you calling people ignorant and then posting pictures like that directly afterward
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #307
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Trailer left impression of the generic action movie. As for will it be movie about April feat. Turtles or Turtles feat. everyone else, is yet to be seen, but already shown material could be interpreted as alarming.
Personally I don't think it will be great in any case. From what could have been seen its just another typical moneygrabber, made by with summer blockbuster blueprint in mind. Few jokes, impressive action scenes, pretty generic stereotypical characters, but without, what could be described as "soul and substance".
Maybe it will be a good movie, but it surely will not be the best TMNT movie ever. Saying its have tension...I guess somebody can say that, but I seriously doubt that such person have seen any other movies.

Also, Puddinpop once again demonstrates his alleged matureness, by nitpicking on signatures? What an unusual sight.

Last edited by Sumac; 06-15-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #308
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Even if you hate every part of it, it's not going to be the death of the franchise (I feel).
There's some good perspective. I mean, even TMNT III wasn't the death of the franchise. I'm convinced it can bounce back from damn near anything.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #309
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
At this stage, I've developed a certain fatalistic amusement towards the entire thing - best to take what enjoyment you can from it (where you can) and retain a sense of humor about the parts you don't like.
Good way to put it. Been trying to lean toward that approach as well. (I still won't be funding any sequel, but I'll try to see it that way when it's available on my tv.)

Quote:
Even if you hate every part of it, it's not going to be the death of the franchise (I feel).
Nah, pretty sure it won't. As long as the new design doesn't take over to become anything beyond movie related merchandise, but hopefully Nick can keep that at...bay (pun not intended, but perfect lol). I can't personally stop feeling like they're imposters, but am choosing to look at it like it's just another TMNT parallel universe...with a limited time to exist in this one.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:35 PM   #310
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Your hate for this movie is truly hilarious, i truly admire your passion.

BTW how long did it take you to photoshop that?
Thank you, i try my best
Seriously though i hate everything about this movie, not just the movie it self but what it stands for, thinking that thing that i like is no good and that they are going to make it better and bigger than it ever was. So far i haven't seen an ounce of respect for the source material.

2 minutes at most
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #311
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
... am I the only person who, now that they've gotten over the initial shock that was the Blue Door script, now finds it hilarious because of its badness? Cuz I'd be remiss not to admit here that the phrase "half-ass in a half-shell" has made it into my repertoire.

C'mon guys, let's retain our sense of humor about this whole thing. It's just a movie, no need to get so serious about dissenting opinions on it.
I just found it painfully generic and unlikable. The "internet search" part is laughably unrealistic, the part where Casey sings along to the radio to cover for noises the turtles are making, really the entire "moving" plot is there to get to the snowy hill scene and is just a bunch of awful fluff scenes that puts Casey and April into a whole other region of the country to justify the road trip.

The "omg aliens" part isn't even bad because they are "aliens", it's bad because it completely removes elements from TMNT that are (usually) core parts that you don't see often in fiction. No longer are they a product of random chance, no longer are they a non-biological family unit, they wouldn't have any of the gravitas that comes from being the only ones of their kind, Splinter wouldn't have his former life with Yoshi / as a man, the list goes on. It brushes aside everything interesting about the turtles' life situation so they can be THE CHOSEN ONES!!!, as if every other movie in the world isn't already doing that sort of plotline.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #312
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Thank you, i try my best
Seriously though i hate everything about this movie, not just the movie it self but what it stands for, thinking that thing that i like is no good and that they are going to make it better and bigger than it ever was. So far i haven't seen an ounce of respect for the source material.

2 minutes at most
Well besides a white Shredder and the look of the Turtles, i don't see them really disrespecting the source material, April is a reporter like the original cartoon, it seems the Turtles all have the right personalities, they are still from ooze,. so not really disrespecting the source material, aside from some changes, all modern day CBM have some deviation from the source.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #313
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Well besides a white Shredder and the look of the Turtles, i don't see them really disrespecting the source material, April is a reporter like the original cartoon, it seems the Turtles all have the right personalities, they are still from ooze,. so not really disrespecting the source material, aside from some changes, all modern day CBM have some deviation from the source.
It's the feel, man. That familiar feeling that TMNT has, it doesen't have it. I don't feel TMNT here, i feel modern holywood movie stereotipes. It has most of the right elements except (feel free to throw up) the heart. I could get around big turtles, hell i could get around even white shredder if i saw a valid reason for it but all i see is changes for the sake of cool.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #314
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I can’t be bothered to reply to a particular post, but I’ll just chime in with my two cents regarding one of the most putrid Internet posters I have ever seen on something as trivial as a fan message board: electric sheep. He’s been on my ignore list for about two years now. With good reason. He’s a Troll, and a pretty major one at that. That's not really why I choose to ignore him, though (although I still have the misfortune of reading his posts that others choose to reply to). I ignore him because he's a genuinely unpleasant-sounding human being. In almost every way. He also shows, quite frankly, alarming signs of sadism and psychopathy. Traits of a typical Internet Troll, actually. Why he hasn’t been banned from this site for good is truly beyond me.

Out of all the fan message boards I post at (about four), for some reason, this site seems to have some of the worst posters, posters who would have been banned from anywhere else a long time ago. Why they are allowed to get away with it here is beyond me. No, I don’t want this place to become like North Korea, but at least cull the obviouse Trolls. This place is on the verge of becoming as bad (or maybe even worse) than a typical IMDB board. Beware.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #315
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
I just found it painfully generic and unlikable. The "internet search" part is laughably unrealistic, the part where Casey sings along to the radio to cover for noises the turtles are making, really the entire "moving" plot is there to get to the snowy hill scene and is just a bunch of awful fluff scenes that puts Casey and April into a whole other region of the country to justify the road trip.

The "omg aliens" part isn't even bad because they are "aliens", it's bad because it completely removes elements from TMNT that are (usually) core parts that you don't see often in fiction. No longer are they a product of random chance, no longer are they a non-biological family unit, they wouldn't have any of the gravitas that comes from being the only ones of their kind, Splinter wouldn't have his former life with Yoshi / as a man, the list goes on. It brushes aside everything interesting about the turtles' life situation so they can be THE CHOSEN ONES!!!, as if every other movie in the world isn't already doing that sort of plotline.
That's what I mean - it's badness is the thing of legend and yet I'm still able to laugh about it. I'm just starting to wonder if it's my bizarre sense of humor... I find it funny that people rage about the aliens aspect of it - to my mind, that was one of the least problematic things; there was so much other awfulness going on, the full impact of it didn't really hit me emotionally until nearly 12 hours later.

I still can't help but think that no matter how much some of us are disappointed in the new movie - consider the alternative. As I said - we all need to keep a sense of humor here.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #316
sh3llshocked
Foot Soldier
 
sh3llshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 102
As a new member, and long time fan, I can honestly say that I agree...there are alot of negative members on here who post comments for nothing other than to create discourse among members in any particular post. And all under the guise of personal opinion. And no matter how many times threads are almost locked for continual bickering and fighting, all of which is started from these members posting negative comments, these same guys come right back.

I honestly think they should create separate sticky threads or sections of the forum. Let all the haters have their own area and all the others have their own. I know it would never work because all the same people would find their way into the posts of the positive members, start bickering, and then claim personal opinion...even when they would have their own area...
sh3llshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #317
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
So you continue... on and on and on..


You know what amazes me? The fact that posters can say things like this in regards to another poster "acting like he isn't watching" potentially starting another bickering match
and leading to another thread getting locked but yet if I or anybody from " the positive side " says ANYTHING of the sort? even calling you out on stuff like this? Poster after poster will pile in and demand that we ignore you and that you have the right to post your "opinions" anytime anywhere you'd like..

In regards to your insulting condescending post: What amazes me? is the extreme lengths that some will go just to invalidate everything they see bc they have already made up their minds.. but yet still frequent these threads.. I know I know.. it's their right.. just ignore.. EVERYONE on here has an ignore option. Not just the " blind positive side "

I'm not posting opinions. Everything I've posted about Bay/Platinum Dunes/aliens has been backed up with proof. I don't understand why people ignore stuff like that and still try to argue against it because we're not being positive.

It's cool that you're pumped for the new movie. People have different tastes and opinions and I'm not about to tell you or anyone else that they're wrong for liking/disliking anything. It annoys me when people are so blinded by something that they completely ignore the truth though (i.e. Bay being misconstrued about the alien nonsense). Honestly I probably wouldn't even care about that if Bay and company didn't try to blame the backlash on irrational fans in the first place.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #318
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3llshocked View Post
Let all the haters have their own area and all the others have their own.
Nah, make it more fair.. three sections. One for the most venomous movie haters, one for the overly annoyingly infatuated movie lovers who like to hate on the haters, and one for everyone else who can at least be civil about people having and discussing differing opinions.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #319
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3llshocked View Post
And no matter how many times threads are almost locked for continual bickering and fighting, all of which is started from these members posting negative comments, these same guys come right back.
Yeah, that's the real unfortunate part. electric_sheep even created a duplicate account when they were temp banned and are still posting. Usually duplicate accounts are grounds for an instant banning.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #320
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
was away all weekend what did i miss guys...oh yay...attacking on us "haters"
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.