The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #2621
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Back to the van in a bit - Playing with mixed Media so to speak

Here, the 11" (1:6) Movie (2014) Turtles face off the TV Shredder.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #2622
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Back to the van in a bit - Playing with mixed Media so to speak

Here, the 11" (1:6) Movie (2014) Turtles face off the TV Shredder.http://i62.tinypic.com/30sfxie.jpg
Is that Battle Shell Shredder?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #2623
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
That's the Shredder for the battle Shells. He stand 12" tall.

Next up, a Movie Mash Up.

The 1990 Turtles get the 2014 Van delivered by mistake.

Don - "Fellas, I think we're gonna need a bigger van".
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #2624
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Okay I totally missed that you had the 1990 Classic turtles, I clearly have not been paying attention to threads like I should!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #2625
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Okay I totally missed that you had the 1990 Classic turtles, I clearly have not been paying attention to threads like I should!
Don't feel bad, its the first pic I've taken.
I think I mentioned them briefly last week. I am going to squeeze em in to the van later!!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #2626
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Wow, those original 1990 movie turtles look just awful.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:47 AM   #2627
goodfellaray
Thug
 
goodfellaray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Merced, CA
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
That's the Shredder for the battle Shells. He stand 12" tall.

Next up, a Movie Mash Up.

The 1990 Turtles get the 2014 Van delivered by mistake.

Don - "Fellas, I think we're gonna need a bigger van".
http://i61.tinypic.com/bgtnc7.jpg
Wait, WTF? When/how did you get the 1990's turtles? Have those been released already?! Need to know.
__________________
Listen carefully to me. You will never see another guy like me if you live to be 5000. - John Gotti
____
I have tried to channel your anger, Raphael. But more remains. Anger clouds the mind. Turned inward, it is an unconquerable enemy. You are unique among your brothers, for you choose to face this enemy alone. But as you face it, do not forget them, and do not forget me.
goodfellaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:06 AM   #2628
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfellaray View Post
Wait, WTF? When/how did you get the 1990's turtles? Have those been released already?! Need to know.
First, look at his location. Second I am a bit envious at the fact that he has that Shredder. I am so there when that is released. Consider my local Walmart haunted.

Those 1990 movie turtles do not make me think t-u-r-t-l-e power and they definitely do not take me back to the slime turtle pies created for the movie merchandise. I would love it if the pies happened again for this new movie, most likely won't happen, but I would like to see a Pizza Hut promotion while I am still working for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
That's the Shredder for the battle Shells. He stand 12" tall.

Next up, a Movie Mash Up.

The 1990 Turtles get the 2014 Van delivered by mistake.

Don - "Fellas, I think we're gonna need a bigger van".
http://i61.tinypic.com/bgtnc7.jpg
Would you consider taking a picture or two of the first set of Nick TMNT in that van please.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 06-16-2014 at 06:14 AM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #2629
alpaca witch
Random Punk
 
alpaca witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: the haunted castle
Posts: 35
You know, I was sorta neutral towards the new figures at first but the more I see of them the more I like them. I think it's one of those situations where they look kind of awkward in static pictures but once you see them in motion and whatnot they look a lot better. I'm definitely going to pick up Raph and Shredder at least, as their designs look best in figure form IMO. Who am I kidding I'm probably going to grab the whole line, just can't resist new turtles.
I think my only complaint is the packaging for the toys. I know it seems like nit-picking but something about it just... Isn't aesthetically pleasing. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that bugs me about it but it just seems kinda cheap, like someone whipped it up in half an hour and they just went "whatever good enough" and kept it.
alpaca witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #2630
Jasper-X
Hench Mutant
 
Jasper-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
wow, so many figures and merchandise coming out, I can hardly wait! I actually was at my local target and was able to get someone to bring out a box of the new movie figures. as I was going over the figures picking out what I wanted the employee goes, "O no I can't sell you these." I was just picking out my last figure when she noticed the street date on the side of the box, I couldn't believe it! now I have to wait till july 6th. O well, I guess it's not the worst thing in the world.

on another note, I'd love to get my hands on that 11" shredder, is their any more news on it? I haven't heard or seen anything about it since the original picture was posted, but it looks like the production quality is too good for it to be a bootleg
__________________
Items I am looking to Buy:

Next Mutation Production Statue
Bounzing Buddy Raphael in package
Purple Super Shredder MOC
Secret Agent Don MOC
IDW Limited Sketch Cards
Jasper-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #2631
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Wow, those original 1990 movie turtles look just awful.
I don't know, they could always look worse.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #2632
DarkFiros533
Mouser
 
DarkFiros533's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Looks like Toyark got some photos for the Movie April Figure. I got to say what happened to her face? O_o

http://news.toyark.com/2014/06/16/ap...-photos-127068



DarkFiros533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #2633
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Looks like she's suffering from limited articulation too
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #2634
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
More sh*te from Playmates. Her head's too big, hands are basically misshapen claws, arms are too ling and thin, proportionally her torso's ridiculously short and she's got extremely limited articulation. She doesn't even resemble Megan Fox in the slightest!
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #2635
barbecue17
Thug
 
barbecue17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 79
Hey everyone!

If you're interested, I found Slash and reviewed him this weekend here.

I like him, although I wish he had more of his little elements like the claws or spikes painted, you know? I've got some comparison shots of him with the vintage Slash too, fyi.
__________________
Barbecue17- he's cool, but rude.

If you're interested in action figure reviews and general tomfoolery, check out my blog: Action Figure Barbecue

Check out my action figure pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbecue17
barbecue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #2636
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
I'm really stoked about the other figures, but I doubt I will pick up April.
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #2637
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dākunaito View Post
I'm really stoked about the other figures, but I doubt I will pick up April.
Really? I think she at least looks better than the nick April. Nick April looks like a character straight out of Ben10. And loving that camera accessory.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #2638
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Really? I think she at least looks better than the nick April. Nick April looks like a character straight out of Ben10. And loving that camera accessory.
If I get her it will probably be last, after I get all the turtles splinter and shredder.
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #2639
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
That's the Shredder for the battle Shells. He stand 12" tall.

Next up, a Movie Mash Up.

The 1990 Turtles get the 2014 Van delivered by mistake.

Don - "Fellas, I think we're gonna need a bigger van".
how did you get the 90 movie figures already?
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #2640
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFiros533 View Post
Looks like Toyark got some photos for the Movie April Figure. I got to say what happened to her face? O_o

<pix removed>
Did you read the text of the article

The scooper of the April image is our very own tmntmikey23

Oh, browsing around the toyark forums i notice optibotimus is a member there... wow... and ALL HIS POSTS are about his reviews, every single one. He makes no other posts except about what he his shilling. I can't stand people like that. That's not being part of a community.

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-16-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.