The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 01:23 AM   #661
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Honestly, at this point, I really think this never had to do with twitter votes...the marketing guys finally made a move, and attempted to get this trending, when they already planned the release of this material in the first place. Consider the markers more like a countdown, but just know by tomorrow, I'm willing to bet it'll be released in amazing HD

If not, I'll come to your place, and act out the trailer on your lawn, jk. But seriously, tomorrow's gonna be a good day
IDK the twitter feed is Really really slow right now so i dont think its s set time, Like earlier it was like 100 posts in the like 5 mins now it down to like 10 i just hope when the other countries see they start tweeting i wanna see this tomorrow
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #662
trikuza
Foot Soldier
 
trikuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 175
Eric Sacchs was telling that tall dark figure that he was taking his armor to the next level. Oroku Saki?
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #663
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikuza View Post
Eric Sacchs was telling that tall dark figure that he was taking his armor to the next level. Oroku Saki?
agreed
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #664
trikuza
Foot Soldier
 
trikuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
agreed
Bahahahahaha
trikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #665
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I don't know, in my opinion that'd be even worse. As others have said, if you have the real Shredder in the movie, why the bait-and-switch when you just KNOW it's going to make people angry?

I've said it before: Playing games with your audience - especially an audience as fickle and hard-to-please as this one - with a film that's supposed to re-establish the entire film franchise is a very bad idea. You only get one chance to make a first impression. Pulling a "Just Kidding! Saki was in the movie all along! We GOT YOU!" seems like a really poorly-thought out idea. Like the Talia reveal, or "Robin", in Dark Knight Rises. In the theater, everyone goes "Aw, man!" And then, once the shock wears off, everyone goes "Wait... that was actually kind of stupid, why'd they do that?"

Then again, it kind of seems like everyone involved has never actually tried to market a movie before, so I wouldn't put anything past them.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:16 AM   #666
Artist
Thug
 
Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NM Burque
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
agreed
The ol Iron Man 3 trick. very excited
Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:20 AM   #667
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Dead serious question: Didn't people hate that, though? I missed that one, I just know my FB was full of a lot of not-so-nice comments about it. I'm not exactly "up" on my Iron Man.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 AM   #668
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
I cannot stop re-watching trailer 4...

Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:44 AM   #669
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You mean, an online poll/vote/survey just might be rigged and/or irrelevant, designed solely to drum up attention and track marketing demographics, and the actual votes themselves may not matter at all?

I'm appalled.
They... lied to us? I feel so dirty!!!
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:45 AM   #670
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I know. Next thing, they'll be telling me there ain't no such thing as goddamn unicorns.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:48 AM   #671
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
So, after all this, the trailer suggests that Sachs is definitely not the Shredder....he clearly tells someone in the shadow they are upgrading "your" armor. I wonder what the twist is. I pray we aren't dealing with a rang/Turin shredder...though I still think that's a possibility. If we can't get a true Oroku Saki, I'd rather have a white human shredder than alien.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:51 AM   #672
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Dead serious question: Didn't people hate that, though? I missed that one, I just know my FB was full of a lot of not-so-nice comments about it. I'm not exactly "up" on my Iron Man.
In Iron Man, I actually enjoyed it, but that's only because of the characters and their on-screen charisma made it work. Tony and Fakarin just had a wonderful chemistry on how it all was revealed.

Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises, though. Did not like it. Rises was the worst of them with their last minute "twist" that Talia was there.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:55 AM   #673
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
With Begins, I assume you mean Ra's? I didn't think much of that. Everyone knew Liam was Ra's the first time they showed his face in the marketing materials. Nobody but Ra's would have such silly facial hair. Nobody should have been fooled by that.

Talia, though, was one of those things that seemed awesome in the theater, and really pointless and silly on the drive home. That, "Robin", and a few other things, just felt like, "This is the last movie, we gotta squeeze in as much stuff as we can or the nerds will bitch that it's not in there."
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:45 AM   #674
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
trailer 4 out yet???
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #675
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
trailer 4 out yet???
Not yet, we still have to get the Donnie poster.
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #676
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
oh i thought someone dropped it unofficially... someone a few posts up said they cant stop watching trailer 4
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:36 AM   #677
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
oh i thought someone dropped it unofficially... someone a few posts up said they cant stop watching trailer 4
Yea a dude had it but he only pm'd 10 people.
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #678
unlundun
Thug
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 54
the new trailer is so so good. I am 110% behind this movie.

Intrigued by william fichtner saying to shadowed man "we are taking YOUR armor to the next level"
unlundun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:48 AM   #679
Dākunaito
Foot Soldier
 
Dākunaito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: oregon
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlundun View Post
the new trailer is so so good. I am 110% behind this movie.

Intrigued by william fichtner saying to shadowed man "we are taking YOUR armor to the next level"
Can you message me a description?
Dākunaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #680
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
can someone please PM me the 4th trailer?? im just as patient as everyone else coming on this site hoping and chiming in.... please
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.