The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #781
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
GUYS iF YOU LISTEn PAST THE DUBSTEP YOU CAN HEaR ARNETT MENTION A ROBOT SAMURAI
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #782
coreyrc87
Hench Mutant
 
coreyrc87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tupelo, MS
Posts: 417
Here's a lightened version of the "Saki" screen cap... Definitely reminds me of the Nick version of Saki...
Spoiler:
__________________
coreyrc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #783
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but anyone else think that when Michelangelo says "Leo's in trouble!" It sounds EXACTLY like the Nickelodeon Mikey? Like, 100%.
I'm actually starting to think they replaced Noel Fisher's voice with the voice of Greg Cipes.

I could just be imagining things, but the voices sound different in these trailers.

Listen to Mikey from 1:15 to 1:22 of this trailer.



And from 0:50 to 0:58 of this trailer.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #784
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
Here's a lightened version of the "Saki" screen cap... Definitely reminds me of the Nick version of Saki...
I tried to look, but I can't find anybody who looks like this guy on the IMDB page.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #785
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Here is Beyond the Trailer's review of the new Trailer.



Black Nerd will be posting his review of the Trailer soon.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #786
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Guys this is really important. Do you see Leo's stubble? It's killing me!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #787
unlundun
Thug
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 54
I adore the design of these guys, they feel and look like the turtles ive loved all my life, the brotherhood, the squabbling, the working together..its perfect! Cannot wait!
unlundun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #788
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Guys this is really important. Do you see Leo's stubble? It's killing me!
NO he does not have stubble it reptilian skin texture Just like Mikey doesn't have a hair line.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #789
TMNT
Foot Soldier
 
TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 227
Oh Technodrome, how you've been missed. Dropping in here and there (and seeing all that wonderful back and forth), I promised myself that I wouldn't get riled up about whatever (minimal) details we were given via set pictures, vague interviews, and leaked information until we got a glimpse at a real trailer. Looks like we finally have a trailer that gives us a more concrete (if not better) picture of what we're in store for in about a month or so.

All that said, it looks...exactly like it was shaping up to be. About the only thing I want to give it credit for is that it seems to understand the dynamic among the brothers (a cornerstone I would hope even the flimsiest adaptation of this property would uphold). As many of already stated, despite the filmmakers' attempt to bring them into the real world, the turtles are still far too shackled with unnecessary baggage. I'll admit warming up to some of the close-up shots, and even some of the action--and if nothing else, this seems to be the most action-packed TMNT film ever filmed (however over the top)--but it appears to be substituting everything of substance with style.

After watching it a few times, a part of me feels like a decent amount of non-action beats may have been changed since that leaked script. That man in the shadows possibly being Saki seems like an idea that could've come from the reshoots, which would make any development of that idea interesting in regards to the turtles, but more so to Splinter. If Saki exists in this universe, then I'm more curious about Splinter's motive for training them to "save/protect the city" (those words will always fearfully trigger all that destiny/race of turtles from Dimension X from the leaked script).
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away into the night." --Vol. 1, Issue 1

Last edited by TMNT; 06-24-2014 at 11:08 AM.
TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #790
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I can't say much that hasn't been stated before. But that trailer is awesome. There's nothing about it that doesn't make me wanna throw money at that movie.

I'll be in the theater, like
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #791
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
I think people are jumping the gun on Sachs not being Shredder. He may not be the original but there's no way he doesn't wear the armor during this movie.

Didn't Fichtner already say he was playing Shredder? Plus he's signed up for 3 movies.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #792
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyrc87 View Post
Here's a lightened version of the "Saki" screen cap... Definitely reminds me of the Nick version of Saki...
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #793
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I think people are jumping the gun on Sachs not being Shredder. He may not be the original but there's no way he doesn't wear the armor during this movie.

Didn't Fichtner already say he was playing Shredder? Plus he's signed up for 3 movies.
He also said he Eric Sachs would go through some "changes." There may be some sort of spiritual hand-off. Or, maybe Sachs just takes up the mantle. I just can't think that that isn't Saki. He's bald, he looks like he could be wearing a gi, and he looks like he's been burned.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #794
stefan2009
Mouser
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Yeah. I think they had a 5.1 mix of the trailer, but couldn't be bothered to prepare an actual stereo audio mix. They were like "ehhh, no one'll notice if we just upload it like this and downmix it to mono."

Or at least it sounded mono to me; it could have been a super awful stereo mix.
no they just reoploaded the trailer. its more clear now the audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXFsrp6WBs
stefan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #795
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
What if this is the last hurrah for Saki and he's trying to find his successor
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #796
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here is Beyond the Trailer's review of the new Trailer.



Black Nerd will be posting his review of the Trailer soon.
I hate to watch her videos because she states her opinion as a fact and she's a real terrible movie reviewer, she should stick to comics instead of film.
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #797
beeshaw
Hench Mutant
 
beeshaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toronto-ish
Posts: 341
Random thoughts -

Glad to see a racks of weapons. Looks like Donnie has a few different Bo weapons in addition to his 'new and improved one'. I love when he puts it down on the floor and it extends and jumps into his hand!

And it does look like at least Raph and Leo both have the coloured markings on their shells.

Who chains April on the rooftop?

LOVE Mikey's skateboard.

How surreal is it to the the capture scene now finished after all the set pics.

Love the Leo Cannonball.

The only thing I have the slightest issue with are the boomarang blades Shredder has. But I'll judge that in context of the movie. (It did make for a cool shot though)
__________________
beeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #798
GermanTurtleManiac
Mouser
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 8
There is slightly different footage in the German trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlMith_LQUQ
GermanTurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:46 AM   #799
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Karai is about to shoot someone before she gets thrown.



Trying to kill April? Find her. Silence her!
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #800
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanTurtleManiac View Post
There is slightly different footage in the German trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlMith_LQUQ
Not available in the US!! Can you download it and upload?
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.