The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #1001
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Just thought I'd quote the post that I did yesterday on a seperate Thread:
If they really are as tall as the actors playing them then Mikey should be 5' 10". Raph would be 6' 2". Donnie 6' 4". And I'm not sure how tall Pete is.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:31 AM   #1002
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
I hope that the voice change wasn't just to add a name celebrity in there and that Pete's voice just didn't fit the character. I've never heard him talk so I dunno.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #1003
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
I hope that the voice change wasn't just to add a name celebrity in there and that Pete's voice just didn't fit the character. I've never heard him talk so I dunno.
i would assume it didnt fit, everyone else but splinter didnt get recast as voice so... must not of had that leadership tone in his voice lol
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #1004
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
i would assume it didnt fit, everyone else but splinter didnt get recast as voice so... must not of had that leadership tone in his voice lol
Yea, maybe he sounded like Mickey Mouse, who knows.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #1005
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The trailer looked like hot garbage. The Turtles are 4 Hulk's and 4 Shrek's merged into one.
I thought the trailer looked good.

The Turtles actually look good IMO
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #1006
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Raph View Post
I hope that the voice change wasn't just to add a name celebrity in there and that Pete's voice just didn't fit the character. I've never heard him talk so I dunno.
What we've heard of Knoxville's dialogue, it isn't too bad. Of course, we haven't seen the whole film, so who know if it'll be out of place or distracting, but it doesn't sound distracting so far. If I never knew Knoxville was cast as Leo, I would've never known it was him, at all. But after listening to it, I think he could've made a great Raph, as well.

Overall, I like the voice-work so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post

The Turtles actually look good IMO
I can definitely see where someone wouldn't like the some of the facial designs, particularly with Donnie. Not only that, for what it's worth, I do see some similarities with Shrek, particularly with the noses.

Me, personally, I definitely would've preferred something more traditional with the faces, however, I've no problems with their builds. At first I though Raph was too big, but I've grown to like it. He definitely has the best poster of the bunch.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #1007
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
What we've heard of Knoxville's dialogue, it isn't too bad. Of course, we haven't seen the whole film, so who know if it'll be out of place or distracting, but it doesn't sound distracting so far. If I never knew Knoxville was cast as Leo, I would've never known it was him, at all. But after listening to it, I think he could've made a great Raph, as well.

Overall, I like the voice-work so far.
ugh what sucks is im a big fan of the whole jackass scene and have seen all the knoxville movies... so basically the second i hear his voice is the second i want to STOP hearing his voice... other than that movie looks PIMP

anyone who keeps bitching about it talking **** are clearly just trolling. this movies going to knock 1990 TMNT off the map
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #1008
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
anyone who keeps bitching about it talking **** are clearly just trolling. this movies going to knock 1990 TMNT off the map
My views on this film were more negative than positive, indifferent at best, and I'm not trolling. Why does everyone who doesn't have a positive opinion have to be labeled as trolls? Even as there are people who clearly have a nasty way of expressing that negative opinion, that doesn't justify generalizing all who do not like what they see. That's just as offensive as the trollish comments being criticized, even more so perhaps because the comments in question were aimed at something as inhuman as a movie, not directed towards actual people.

Movies are great. I wish to make some of my own one day. However, at the end of the day, a movie is just a movie. Art is subjective. Not everyone is gonna like it. Having said that, as loud as certain people can get, their voice is only as loud as how they carry themselves. If they carry themselves irrationally -- like many of the commenters on IMdB, You Tube, and Facebook -- then it's incredibly easy just to keep scrolling.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 06-25-2014 at 09:00 AM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #1009
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post

anyone who keeps bitching about it talking **** are clearly just trolling. this movies going to knock 1990 TMNT off the map
Sure thing buddy.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #1010
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Me, personally, I definitely would've preferred something more traditional with the faces, however, I've no problems with their builds. At first I though Raph was too big, but I've grown to like it. He definitely has the best poster of the bunch.
Agree.. could have let up on the steroid use a bit (that is so overdone too often in movies that try so hard to be hyper masculine/actiony...), but their height isn't bad now that we have seen more of them and better surrounds to judge their size by. The faces.. yeah. A little recognizabilty and non primate-like features is all I ask...


Wish we could just stop with the trolling accusations. Does this forum have a different definition of what a troll is? I see no true trolls here making fun of all the "TMNT nerds" just to get people riled up. And accusing a difference of opinion, no matter how strongly stated from their own perspective/feeling on a matter... if it's not a personal statement made against any individual I hardly see how it's trolling just because a difference of opinion doesn't make you feel nice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
this movies going to knock 1990 TMNT off the map
Thought it was supposed to be taken as it's own thing, esp as a way of "accepting change." No need to attack the old stuff. (Did you exist when that was in theaters..?)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #1011
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
the 1990 movie wasnt even THAT good... they only fight shredder once the whole movie....

and no im not trying to bash the movie because it still is one of my favorites but compared to whats coming out now the technology the stuff they can make happen...
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #1012
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Wish we could just stop with the trolling accusations. Does this forum have a different definition of what a troll is?
It's really not just this forum. I see it especially at the Blu Ray forum, with the Star Wars thread, where those who love the prequels and those who love the originals (where my tastes lie, personally) are constantly at each other's throats, and, yes, I've seen the far-too generalized words "trolls," "haters," and "apologists" spoken far too often. I guess we're nothing more than what we love and hate.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 AM   #1013
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
the 1990 movie wasnt even THAT good... they only fight shredder once the whole movie....
Optimus only fights Megatron once in the first movie
Iron Man only fight Ironmonger once in the first movie
Thor fights no main Villain in his movie (Destroyer?) and only once in Dark World
Spiderman only fights Topher Grace once in Spiderman 3
Superman fights Zod once in MOS
Batman fights many lackeys but only hand to hand with bane


how do we know the turtles fight shredder more than once in this movie? we know he shows up at least twice but in 1990 he was a major presence and no one (well maybe not no one) knew he was saki till splinter called him out

im all for being excited but now your just saying this to get under peoples skin

will this be the new thing..bash the old turtles in favor of the new one?


shredder kicked ass in the first film without the need of a mech suit and tons of boomerang blades ( though i always question where he lands from)
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #1014
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
the 1990 movie wasnt even THAT good... they only fight shredder once the whole movie....

and no im not trying to bash the movie because it still is one of my favorites but compared to whats coming out now the technology the stuff they can make happen...
Oh, so a good TMNT movie it has to have at least two Shredder fights and amazing special effects?

There were plenty of Foot fights in that film. Shredder was still menacing. Having only one Shredder fight wasn't a big problem.

And as for special effects... tell me, what looks more realistic? Or at least, which special effect looks more convincing? This or this? Personally, I think the latter looks a lot nicer than the high-tech junk they use today.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #1015
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
will this be the new thing..bash the old turtles in favor of the new one?
Given the example of the aforementioned Star Wars thread at BluRay.com, yes, this will be a trend.

Not that there's anything wrong with disliking the original film. But I never really got the whole thing about judging movies by purely their effects. Movies are a product of their time and to say that technology is a sole definer of greatness would mean that once anything ages, it can no longer great and that everything we love now will eventually suck. I just don't sit well with that notion.

It would mean that films like Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Ghostbusters, Die Hard, Back to the Future, and even Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 with their early CG work, are now worthless films because technology has progressed since then...

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 06-25-2014 at 09:15 AM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #1016
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
the 1990 movie wasnt even THAT good... they only fight shredder once the whole movie....

and no im not trying to bash the movie because it still is one of my favorites but compared to whats coming out now the technology the stuff they can make happen...
So what makes a movie good is special effects and action?
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #1017
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
the 1990 movie wasnt even THAT good... they only fight shredder once the whole movie....

and no im not trying to bash the movie because it still is one of my favorites but compared to whats coming out now the technology the stuff they can make happen...
the original Steve Barron is timeless - I can watch it today, and aesthetics, the tone, etc. are great.

BUT - the thing is people seem to forget that that movie was cheesy - they are rolling around on the ground, evading axes, making jokes about lumberjacks, and Wheel of Fortune - and then Mikey was using crash cymbals as weapons...he never actually hit anyone with his chucks, I could go on...

...I bothers me that people, not here, but ALL OVER social media are bashing this film saying that nothing will ever top the original...they SWEAR by it...but if we are really honest, nostalgia plays a HUGE factor.

I am really enjoying what I am seeing from the this new film, and I hope to enjoy it as its own thing, and still hold a special place in my fandom for the original.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #1018
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
lol you people are nuts... im not trying to start a war i was just saying everyone praises the 1990 movie like its the ****ing holy grail

yeah i like that movie a lot, im a diehard TMNT fan but im also not gonna start bashing the new movie because of how they look or because michael bay is in it...

personally i think NO ONE should have an opinion on the new movie until they actually see it

i just think people should chill out on bashing it when ALLwe got was 3 little trailers and A few posters in the past month and a half
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #1019
Y2Bogus
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 135
Someone has mentioned above that the scarred man in the shadows, aka the person we believe to be Oroku Saki, looks like he's dead and stuffed. And that speculation led me to this theory that I posted in the Saki thread as well, but I'd like to post it here to get people's opinions.


Quote:
I'll post a theory. Originally, I posted in a previous thread that I believed Shredder was an Utrom that originally operated in Japan wearing an Oroku Saki suit. While operating as Oroku Saki, he had his encounter with Yoshi, and put into play the TMNT mythos. Then the Utrom Shredder relocated to NY and dumped the Saki Suit in favor of the Eric Sachs suit. Probably because the Saki suit had criminal baggage attached to it.

After seeing the trailer, as some have noted, the person in the shadows looks to be very static, almost dead and stuffed. So I postulate, the scarred man in the shadows IS the Oroku Saki suit. It's the Utrom Shredder's previous identity.
Y2Bogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:34 AM   #1020
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2310 View Post
lol you people are nuts... im not trying to start a war i was just saying everyone praises the 1990 movie like its the ****ing holy grail

yeah i like that movie a lot, im a diehard TMNT fan but im also not gonna start bashing the new movie because of how they look or because michael bay is in it...

personally i think NO ONE should have an opinion on the new movie until they actually see it

i just think people should chill out on bashing it when ALLwe got was 3 little trailers and A few posters in the past month and a half
you forget bro that fanboys are an EMOTIONAL, DIE-HARD, bunch that will CRITICIZE every bit of ANYTHING we can get our hands on.

there are sites dedicated to leaking the smallest bit of info, and I wont lie, as a grown man, with a family to lead, care and provide for - I at times feel like, Im too damn old for this s***.

(not too old for the turtles, just too old for all this ridiculous back and forth)

and just so its clear, im not disagreeing with you, my comment is more a commentary on what Ive read (and participated in) the past several days.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.