The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #201
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Oh, I'm not offended. Just pointing out a double standard. "Haters" get tossed around out as a blanket statement at everyone who doesn't like the thing, no matter how much they can back that up with evidence. The original comment wasn't just talking about people who hadn't seen the movie, after all.

Yet some people jump to defend that behaviour so long as it lines up with their "side". How about we acknowledge insults and troll behaviour regardless of where it's coming from? That'd be nice.
I would just like to throw my 2 cents into this because while im probobly just as guilty at using the word hater I think its more of a lose term. If and when I do use hater, and im not speaking on behalf of everyone but id like to think it applies to all that do, im refering not to those that genuinely dislike the movie or choices made but rather hater is used to describe those that are like trolls and bash anyone who likes the movie and claims those who like it dont have standards or are plants and ect, ect.....personally speaking I like conversations with those of a different opinion because it gives me better perspective of why something I like is so hated or something I hate is so well recieved but it seems impossible to do that on these forums because it always seems to lead to unnecessary arguments...im only stating this because not all possitive people are trying to bash those who dislike this movie or choices behind the movie, rather I just think the genuine questions of why not get lost in all the bickering agendas floating around this place....
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #202
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
Look here, if these people that I spoke of were down with the movie then I would not being saying stuff like that, it's as simple as that. It isn't my problem that people are extremely sensitive, what am I suppose to think when I see **** that signifies that they do not think highly of the new tmnt movie?
So you're saying people are "the source of the problem" because they're criticizing the movie? For that specific reason? And that you wouldn't be saying what you do if they were supporting it?

That kinda proves there's a double standard, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
If and when I do use hater, and im not speaking on behalf of everyone but id like to think it applies to all that do, im refering not to those that genuinely dislike the movie or choices made but rather hater is used to describe those that are like trolls and bash anyone who likes the movie and claims those who like it dont have standards or are plants and ect, ect.....
Okay, but you can see how this goes both ways, right? Like, when some people are calling "hater" at everyone that doesn't like the movie, that sets them all on edge. It does go both ways. I just think a lot of people are really quick to attack the "opposing side" over the exact same behaviour they'll let slide when it's coming from their own.

And let's be honest here - both sides are being really sensitive about this stuff right now. And some folks are clearly trying to poke at people to set them off. We could all stand to calm down a bit.
__________________

Last edited by Bry; 08-10-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #203
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
This didn't need a sequel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emodandykeanu.jpg (37.3 KB, 16 views)
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #204
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
With the sequel, Paramount no longer have to hold any secrets since we know who is who. But they'll no doubt keep whatever Mutants that show up, Under wraps.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #205
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
As far as I am concerned, it is an x amount of certain people that are against the movie that are the source of the problem, they seem to be causing the constant fighting for the most part.
I've just been reading through this and keeping quiet but I gotta say I don't think this isn't true at all. Form the guys not happy with this movie I've mostly seen disappontment being expressed and jokes being cracked. But the insults and anger appear to be coming from one side originally. People so eager to denounce the haters despite the fact that their feelings and remarks should in no way hamper your own happiness and excitement. All this talk of haters and whiners when you could just accept some people don't feel like you feel and let it go.
__________________
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #206
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Can't wait to see TMNT II be about Shredder unleashing a deadly mutagen outbreak across NYC, and it be randomly called "The Krang Virus"...

Hey, they'll call it "Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze" because they know that title has never been used before.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #207
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
I've just been reading through this and keeping quiet but I gotta say I don't think this isn't true at all. Form the guys not happy with this movie I've mostly seen disappontment being expressed and jokes being cracked. But the insults and anger appear to be coming from one side originally. People so eager to denounce the haters despite the fact that their feelings and remarks should in no way hamper your own happiness and excitement. All this talk of haters and whiners when you could just accept some people don't feel like you feel and let it go.
You are in denial if you think all the people that do not like the movie for various reasons are completely innocent, they are not and that is a fact. It's not enough for the people who do not like it to just simply explain why and move on, no no, they gotta be annoying with their displeasure and be offensive with statements. I have been accused of being a plant and not a tmnt fan just cause I don't like all the versions of tmnt.

Last edited by ScrewtheMirageTMNT; 08-10-2014 at 05:39 PM.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #208
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
So you're saying people are "the source of the problem" because they're criticizing the movie? For that specific reason? And that you wouldn't be saying what you do if they were supporting it?

That kinda proves there's a double standard, doesn't it?



Okay, but you can see how this goes both ways, right? Like, when some people are calling "hater" at everyone that doesn't like the movie, that sets them all on edge. It does go both ways. I just think a lot of people are really quick to attack the "opposing side" over the exact same behaviour they'll let slide when it's coming from their own.

And let's be honest here - both sides are being really sensitive about this stuff right now. And some folks are clearly trying to poke at people to set them off. We could all stand to calm down a bit.
Yes I agree, I thought id wrote in I know its coming from both sides, but I think my thoughts were moving faster than my fingers. I just feel this sh*t has been going on for far to long, alliences has been made and now its hard to tell who is who and honestly I think it will only get worse in the weeks ahead untill this movie's dust settles.
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #209
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
And we get to do it all over again in 2016!

Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #210
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
Yes I agree, I thought id wrote in I know its coming from both sides, but I think my thoughts were moving faster than my fingers. I just feel this sh*t has been going on for far to long, alliences has been made and now its hard to tell who is who and honestly I think it will only get worse in the weeks ahead untill this movie's dust settles.
Or, until the new episodes of the Nick toon show up. The Leo One shot is going to steal alot of the movie's thunder, at least on the technodrome.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #211
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And we get to do it all over again in 2016!

Hopefully this sequel will go in a direction that unites the fandom instead of dividing it...



wishful thinking....I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Or, until the new episodes of the Nick toon show up. The Leo One shot is going to steal alot of the movie's thunder, at least on the technodrome.
So are they doing a leo oneshot for the show? Is it supposed to be based off of the comics or something?
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #212
Quasimod0
Random Punk
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
I really enjoyed this movie. I'm excited for the sequel!
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #213
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
Hopefully this sequel will go in a direction that unites the fandom instead of dividing it...



wishful thinking....I know
It'd be impossible. The people who didn't like this one are only gonna hate the sequel even more, both because it continues something they don't like and because as most sequels do, it will probably amp up all the things they didn't like about the first one (the same way the second "Pirates" movie was content to recycle the exact same jokes and gags, just twice as many). Meanwhile, the people who like it are just going to be even more protective and defensive of the sequel.

They'll never, ever make a movie that "unites" the fandom, but I wish they had managed to make one that wasn't SO polarizing. It can only get worse from here, as far as the arguing goes, which is why I kind of wish they'd just stop making movies altogether. They're not gonna make a better one than this one, nobody's ever gonna stop arguing about it and taking it way too far, so what's the point, anymore?

I never thought I'd say it, but I think we've had enough TMNT movies for a while. It's only ever going to come to this same kind of thing out of people, and that's depressing.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #214
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
Hopefully this sequel will go in a direction that unites the fandom instead of dividing it...



wishful thinking....I know


Or it'll be Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Part Deux.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #215
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
22 months is a quick turnaround for a sequel. Good thing we've got such a talented production company behind it.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #216
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Given that this was the first time they used this Tech with the 1st film, There will be a vast number of improvements for the 2nd one from a technological standpoint.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #217
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Welcome to the Pit of Despair. Don't even think about trying to escape.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I wanna watch Voltron now, but I can't because it's goddamn Shark Week.
Young man, in this house we treat Shark Week with respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And we get to do it all over again in 2016!

Thank god I'm already heavily medicated. Seriously.

So, who wants to place bets on what 80s franchise they're going to give to Bay to mangle next? Cuz you know it's coming.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #218
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled on the leaks for this one.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #219
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
Hopefully this sequel will go in a direction that unites the fandom instead of dividing it...



wishful thinking....I know



So are they doing a leo oneshot for the show? Is it supposed to be based off of the comics or something?
Well, I don't know if it's going to be ripped out of the comics, but we got glimpses from comic con, and we see a lone Leo all of a sudden surrounded by Shredder, Tiger Claw and the henchmen, and then we see Leo come crashing through a window. I'm expecting it to be on par or not better than 2k3, but we'll soon see enough.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #220
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
So, who wants to place bets on what 80s franchise they're going to give to Bay to mangle next? Cuz you know it's coming.
C.O.P.S. or M.A.S.K. Neither one of them have any business being revived, nor enough substantial material to carry an entire movie. Either would be a terrible idea and a complete waste of time and money for everyone involved.

So, either one of those would be perfect. I'm sure it's been discussed.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.