The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #4481
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Well we did have Are You Afraid Of The Dark and a great cartoon called Wolves, Witches And Giants. And the Goosebumps series.

There were PLENTY of good kid friendly shows that frightened us into believing if we broke a promise, the old lady in the flat next door would eat our souls.
I did grow up reading the Goosebumps books, but didn't have any exposure to the tv adaptation. I do remember watching all of the Creepshow movies as a young'un though - and Cat's Eye. Australian tv wasn't very good with showing that kind of thing at the time, so I basically had to go with whatever I could find on VHS - or whatever was showing on tv at 2 in the morning.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #4482
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
There was another children's horror series made into a television show and that was the Bone Chillers series.
Wow, I forgot about Bone Chillers! I used to like that show. I think I may have an ep taped somewhere back home.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:18 AM   #4483
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I feel a nostalgic children's horror show-fest coming on... I'll check out some of the ones that y'all have mentioned that I haven't heard of. I do remember watching The Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It and enjoying it.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:50 AM   #4484
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Actually, I'm hoping this show has enough balls to show the beating. They've already shown a woman suffocating to death on Korra, as well as a mutated human on TMNT.
Well, as I said, they did before, so I think they'll do it again as long as they're allowed to.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:04 PM   #4485
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
They never show blood though. And it's getting a bit... they're covered in bruises, scratches and mud, but they can't even have a nosebleed or cut lip.

When I saw the trailer of Leo smashing through the window... he hardly looked injured, at least from behind. If he's going to get his shell smashed in, I'd like a bit of the red stuff.

I KNOW the censors get iffy but mehhheheheheh. Kids see worse and hear worse.
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #4486
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
They never show blood though. And it's getting a bit... they're covered in bruises, scratches and mud, but they can't even have a nosebleed or cut lip.

When I saw the trailer of Leo smashing through the window... he hardly looked injured, at least from behind. If he's going to get his shell smashed in, I'd like a bit of the red stuff.

I KNOW the censors get iffy but mehhheheheheh. Kids see worse and hear worse.
Well, we didn't get that in any of the TMNT movies or cartoons. I think we saw hints of blood on some of the boy's arms in the 1990 movie, and that's it. In the new movie, I know we see the blood being drawn from Leo, Donny and Mikey from gigantic IV's, but Raph took one helluva beating, and I don't remember no blood.

It's just something we're going to have to be content with, we're simply are not going to be seeing the fellas bleed. It may mention it, but that's about as close as we are going to get.

Now, with the success of the movie, do you think Ciro fears he may get an email to start having the show mimic the movie's dynamic? (Facial features, overly big, swapping out Donny having the April crush to Mikey?)
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #4487
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I seriously hope not because if it goes the movie route, I'm out on this show. I'd rather this show be its own thing and the movie be separate.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #4488
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Same. If this show mimics any part of the PD movie then I'm out.

I hope Nick wouldn't do that.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #4489
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Well maybe the part where Donnie is hanging off the side of a building by his bo-staff and then the Shredder or somebody stomping it hard enough to break it. Sending him falling to the street below, can simply be a three story building.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #4490
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Can we be careful with movie spoilers please, some of us haven't seen it yet.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #4491
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
People stop whining about the movie influencing the show, they're completely different products with different creative teams. Likewise Nick allowed IDW to spawn a complete new universe that differs greatly from the cartoon, so it shows they're fine with letting universes do their own thing.

Nick purposely made the Turtles look younger in the series, they're not going to magically change them into huge hulking monsters with nostrils.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #4492
TurFlytle
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick purposely made the Turtles look younger in the series, they're not going to magically change them into huge hulking monsters with nostrils.
Unless they took lots of steroids and got plastic surgery.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #4493
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
So, the Leo one shot, you think we are going to see the beat down like we got in the 1990 movie (but it was Raph instead) and 2k3, or you think it's all going to happen off screen, and then we just see his limp body come flying through the window?
Of course they're gonna show the beatdown, but I doubt it will be as brutal as Leo's beatdown in the 2003 series. It's probably gonna be something like the Foot Ninja attack him, he beats them, and Shredder himself attacks Leo.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:34 PM   #4494
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
They never show blood though. And it's getting a bit... they're covered in bruises, scratches and mud, but they can't even have a nosebleed or cut lip.

When I saw the trailer of Leo smashing through the window... he hardly looked injured, at least from behind. If he's going to get his shell smashed in, I'd like a bit of the red stuff.

I KNOW the censors get iffy but mehhheheheheh. Kids see worse and hear worse.
actually, in the trailer, leos shell is heavily scratched, smudge and he has bruises on his legs and his wrappings are messed up. (look at the sig above^)

i think theyll just use the turtle model they always use to show the turtles really injured
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 PM   #4495
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
They never show blood though. And it's getting a bit... they're covered in bruises, scratches and mud, but they can't even have a nosebleed or cut lip.

When I saw the trailer of Leo smashing through the window... he hardly looked injured, at least from behind. If he's going to get his shell smashed in, I'd like a bit of the red stuff.

I KNOW the censors get iffy but mehhheheheheh. Kids see worse and hear worse.
Blood is a tricky thing though. Blood is usually the standard of a show, movie, ect. going from PG to PG-13 *Even if it's not real*

It's clear they want to keep it parental friendly, and if that's the case, blood is a big no-no.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #4496
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Does anyone know when new eps are supposed to start again? I'm getting antsy!
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #4497
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Does anyone know when new eps are supposed to start again? I'm getting antsy!
Nothing listed yet. All we know it they will be released sometime in September.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #4498
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
This is why I hate the fact that Season 4 is only 20 episodes. If you think the breaks are bad now when we have 26 episode seasons....I can't bear the thought how Season 4 will be aired.

I bet Season 4 will air 4 episodes at a time and take like 2 month breaks or something. Goddamn.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:16 AM   #4499
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Can we be careful with movie spoilers please, some of us haven't seen it yet.
Yeah this.

I'm quite laidback about spoilers for the most part, I have a vague idea of the plot line from the trailers and official preview clips but people are starting to go more into the finer details and the film's not even been out a full week yet.

TMNT is cooler than MOTU if that's a spoiler in your sig which I suspect it is, please could you remove it. Not everyone on this forum is from 'Murica.

Vicky, at least we're not in Japan - they don't get it til December
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #4500
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Looks like we've got a return date (and a 1 hr episode) via Zap2It listings:

S02, E23 The Invasion
S02, E24 The Invasion
9/26/2014
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.