The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 03:41 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
As nostalgic as I am for the first 30-40 TMNT episodes, season 2 nowadays gives me the feeling that the show still wasn't sure what direction to take. You had episodes with silly concepts such as the pizza alien creatures and April turning into a cat, and also had the 4 episode story arc of Eye of Sarnath. Also, why did they just keep Bebop and Rocksteady in Dimension X for half of the season?

I do like how the show, despite its goofy nature, still had some serious and tense feeling to it until the end of the 3rd season. Season 4 onward it became even goofier and the action didn't bring much tension to the table again until season 7 or red sky.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
As nostalgic as I am for the first 30-40 TMNT episodes, season 2 nowadays gives me the feeling that the show still wasn't sure what direction to take. You had episodes with silly concepts such as the pizza alien creatures and April turning into a cat, and also had the 4 episode story arc of Eye of Sarnath. Also, why did they just keep Bebop and Rocksteady in Dimension X for half of the season?
I didn't think those were silly concepts. Pizza Monsters and Cat April were actually played up seriously. The silly episode from Season 2 was the Rex-1 episode, especially the climax when he started doing excercise videos to defeat the evil robots.

Also Bebop/Rocksteady staying behind made sense because otherwise you wouldn't know why Baxter was kept along. Obviously looking back on it now its a bit refreshing since Bebop/Rocksteady always went with Shredder for the rest of the series.

Quote:
I do like how the show, despite its goofy nature, still had some serious and tense feeling to it until the end of the 3rd season. Season 4 onward it became even goofier and the action didn't bring much tension to the table again until season 7 or red sky.
Season 6 was just as serious as the other seasons. Also select Season 4 and 5 episodes were excellent.

"My brother, the bad guy," "Donatello's Duplicate," "The Ice Creature Cometh," "Mutagen Man," etc. are examples of great Season 5 episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #23
turtle1237
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 986
Will shock the 5th Turtle got number 1 though. Mime would be turtle tracks.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #24
us_sofcskey
Random Punk
 
us_sofcskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: US
Posts: 38
Finally got around and picked up all the ten seasons of the FW series.
I have only watched through season 6 so far… so no 7 or the red sky episodes yet so instead of 10 I will list my 5 favorite so far.
Excluding season 1 since it’s only 5 episodes and I couldn’t tell you how many times I watched it when I was little on a VHS copy so needless to say season 1 is very nostalgic.
#5 Foot Soldiers are revolting
#4 The Case of the Killer Pizzas
#3 Sky Turtles
#2 Nightmare in the Lair (Huge elm street fan is probably why)
#1 Leo vs Tempestra
us_sofcskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
If I had to make a list of the 10 best FW series episodes:

Turtle Tracks
Enter The Shredder
Cowabunga, Shredhead
Turtle Trek
The Big Blowout
Return of the Technodrome
Get Shredder
Planet of the Turtleoids
The Legend of Koji
Divide and Conquer

They're in no order, btw.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #26
us_sofcskey
Random Punk
 
us_sofcskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: US
Posts: 38
Just watched the first 6 episodes of European vacation overall kind of bland episodes… I did like some of the gladiator fighting in the episode “artless” and the whole renaissance namesake gimmick that was kind of neat so far my favorite of the 6 episodes.
The last episode I watched was the lost queen of Atlantis…. Kind of weird that it’s out of order on the discs but o well.
Something I did notice in the episode that was cool is that Leo actually stabs an enemy that’s not a robot. Granted it was the giant octopus but he still stabbed it… unique it actually had the gashing noise and blood poured out…. Was kind of surprised to see that in the FW series.
us_sofcskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.