The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #481
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnvil View Post
That's about what Ike shares with Marth
Ike and Marth are totally different.

Wolf has, at a very basic level, the same moveset as Fox. He has just variations of those moves.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #482
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I mean, let's even cut out the move set business. I agree with Anvil that Wolf has enough differences to his basic attacks, stance and specials to be considered less of a clone than Falco, by quite a bit actually, but as a character I can only think of a single other brawler that was as worthless as Wolf and that's Pichu.

I'm not even here saying I give two sh*ts if Wolf is in. I don't. I'm just sick of hearing people b*tch about Wolf. Star Fox is low on the totem of known Nintendo franchise. Falco was already pushing it, but Wolf drove it over the edge for me. I would have rather they cut Falco than Wolf, but either of them being gone really doesn't make a difference. They're both as pointless.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #483
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I hate the internet.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #484
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I hate the internet.
Agreed. 100%.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #485
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I hate the internet.
The only place you can get pure unfiltered rage over an anthropomorphic wolf not being able to fight an electric mouse and an Italian plumber in a lab coat.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #486
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Its hard to believe Dixie Kong is still not there when the Donkey Kong franchise is Nintendo's 4th best selling franchise.

I think the problem is Sakurai is counting DK as Mario characters like how he does with Yoshi and Wario, so he's not giving them more reps. It's hard to believe an all-star like Dixie who starred in her own game in the original SNES trilogy and is another female character (which Sakurai likes) isn't on the roster.

Man, Sakurai bias really screwed over Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Zelda representation this time around.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #487
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
CyberCubed! Just shut the f*ck up! WE GET IT! Stop repeating your whole goddamn spiel. Can you seriously not discuss ANYTHING besides the same sh*t!?

I feel sorry as hell for your parents.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #488
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
CyberCubed! Just shut the f*ck up! WE GET IT! Stop repeating your whole goddamn spiel. Can you seriously not discuss ANYTHING besides the same sh*t!?

I feel sorry as hell for your parents.
Bout time somebody said this.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:04 AM   #489
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I haven't played Melee in a while and don't really remember how to unlock each fighter, but I did that easily when i was a kid back in 2002. What was so tedious and difficult about it? You unlocked them by beating the main game mode, the story mode or by beating those scenarios/missions. Don't tell me you actually left the GC on for 20 hours to unlock Mewtwo. Because there was an alternative method to do so.
I have Mewtwo, but there are two ? blocks still on my menu. I'm told there are more characters than there are spaces on the menu, initially. I do know that I beat the main mode several times with different characters and only unlocked one or two. My old roommates did a bunch of the missions, all but two on the list. It's funny that it didn't bother anyone here, because we weren't happy playing without having all the characters. We moved away from each other before we got finish the roster. And they were online looking up how to unlock them. It was like I recruited an unlock team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I don't find this true at all. None of them are even SLIGHTLY difficult, especially in Brawl where playing through the SSE unlocked absolutely everything. In fact, unlocking characters is one of the most fun parts of Smash to me. And if there are Melee characters you've somehow not unlocked then you didn't play it much. Every character has always had a faster but more specific unlock method, as well as a simple play X number of matches unlock, so simply playing the game a bunch ensured you'd get everyone. And outside of Mewtwo, Luigi and MAYBE Mr. G&W the unlocks pretty much revolved around simply playing all the modes.
SSE?
Y'all are funny. "Just play for tons of hours, and play all the modes." How was that not more work than every game? Y'all seem to forget the days when you could bring home a game, play arcade mode with different characters, and unlock all the characters in one day. Y'all may not think it's a lot, but it is more than anybody else asks.

Fighting is my favorite genre, and that's always been the first thing I did when I got a new game. Turn it on, unlock all the characters, and then dig into it. I wasn't comfortable until I had all my options.

I get that people dig the mini games and other modes in smash, but they just feel like chores to me.

Last edited by chrisdude; 09-09-2014 at 04:12 AM.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #490
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
SSE = Subspace Emissary - Brawl's story mode

Smash isn't like other fighting games. In fact people are usually ridiculed for calling it a fighting game, so seeing someone complain that an aspect of it isn't closer to other fighters is real weird.

But hey, your stance is justifiable if you come at it from that angle. I dislike fighting games in general, because I never care enough to get into the mechanics, so once I've beaten an arcade mode a few times and played a few matches I just stop playing. Smash keeps me coming back, because there's so much to unlock and see.

Edit: Also, at no point did I say it isn't more work than other fighting games, which generally require nothing. My point is they're neither difficult nor tedious, because the methods to unlocking characters in Smash are incredibly easy and aside from a select few simply involve playing and having fun with the game. It seems like you're also coming from this angle over Melee, which despite still having easy unlocks, perhaps had some slightly more obscure methods. Unlocks in both 64 and Brawl were as easy as it gets and both could easily be unlocked in a day. Maybe 2 for Brawl if you didn't want to push all the way through SSE immediately.

Last edited by Peanut; 09-09-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:55 PM   #491
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Japan has an e-shop demo of Smash with 4 playable characters including Megaman. Kinda hope the U.S. gets it soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #492
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #493
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,892
OH man o man, it's getting close for us now. Mere weeks, wish I could go in to a coma until the day it's out
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #494
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
For real! I've been playing a bunch of stuff lately and the only thing I've been thinking, even when enjoying myself, was that I wished I was playing Smash lol
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #495
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
Damn, I missed lot of sh*t this past week and a half. :/
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #496
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Game is in the wild. Stuff starting to leak out.

Edit: yup it's coming

Last edited by Peanut; 09-10-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #497
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
It seems like that leaked roster might very well be the final roster. No Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, or Snake.

This also means Metroid, Donkey Kong and Zelda get no new reps at all. Its really odd that Sakurai decided to completely blow over 3 of Nintendo's biggest franchises this time around. Its almost hard to believe.

This game better have some extensive character DLC because that leaked roster was very disappointing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #498
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:26 AM   #499
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
IThis also means Metroid, Donkey Kong and Zelda get no new reps at all. Its really odd that Sakurai decided to completely blow over 3 of Nintendo's biggest franchises this time around. Its almost hard to believe.
Where is it written that every new Smash game HAS to have a new rep from Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Zelda? I understand your disappointment, but isn't what we have from these franchises enough (and don't you dare tell me Sakurai was too biased to add in Dixie Kong)?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #500
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Where is it written that every new Smash game HAS to have a new rep from Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Zelda? I understand your disappointment, but isn't what we have from these franchises enough (and don't you dare tell me Sakurai was too biased to add in Dixie Kong)?
You would expect characters from big franchises to get new characters, same reason Mario and Pokemon always gets newcomers. The fact that we have to suffer through 2 new Kid Icarus newcomers one being a garbage character says a lot.

So far nobody has unlocked Bowser Jr yet, I'm curious if the Koopalings as his alt's turns out true.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, layton is stupid, peanut, rayman a sh*t, who cares about ridley


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.