The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #521
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Well, after my defensive post a couple spots up— it seems like #38 is going to be a week late, with 10/1 on sale date.

I don't have any explanation for why this is, as we got the issue finished on time. I've heard a hypothetical 'maybe it was the Korean summer holiday?' (our printer is in South Korea), but nothing concrete.

That's a long time to wait between issues, so I apologize for that. I'll try and put something up on the IDW forum soon as a little tide-over.
I'm OK with the wait. I think it's most frustrating for you guys...meeting all your deadlines and still having a delay. But, on the bright side, I suppose this just means a shorter time between #38 and #39 !!
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #522
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Wazzup with the IDW Collection HC? Bookdepo still says Oct 7. Is that real?
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #523
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
IDW Collection has been moved back a good deal— next March I think.

Was that ever formally solicited? I can't imagine so as the cover isn't done yet.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #524
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
March, ahh... I will might collect he TBPs instead, that's way too much time.

Or maybe both of them, hah.

It says Oct 7, amazon too...
That's kinda bad for people who preorder it now in the hope for getting it soon, and instead it will be 6 months later.

You're right, I don't think it was solicited as the other collections, and still no cover, this is why it seemd strange...
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #525
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
IDW Collection has been moved back a good deal— next March I think.

Was that ever formally solicited? I can't imagine so as the cover isn't done yet.
Bobby, this has not been solicited yet through Diamond but Amazon has had it for pre-order for quite some time.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #526
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
IDW Collection has been moved back a good deal— next March I think.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #527
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,518
Gotcha— I would recommend taking all Amazon listings with big grains of salt, you have to list super early there if you have any intention of the book hitting a given month, which is often not finalized as it's so far ahead.

I'm just glad we're doing IDW Collections!!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #528
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Gotcha— I would recommend taking all Amazon listings with big grains of salt, you have to list super early there if you have any intention of the book hitting a given month, which is often not finalized as it's so far ahead.

I'm just glad we're doing IDW Collections!!
Same here! With the comic series I collect, I'm all about completion and proper reading order, which is why I prefer TPBs over single issues and hardcovers over TPBs.

My Volume 1 Hardcover has been pre-ordered for some months now, I can wait as long as it takes!
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #529
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
(hey, maybe they can use this extended time to include the 30th Anniversary story "A Lot to Learn" in the collection)

Looking forward to the IDW Collection; it'll make recommending/gift-giving to my friends a lot easier.

Last edited by DrSpengler; 09-18-2014 at 09:32 AM.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #530
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
(hey, maybe they can use this extended time to include the 30th Anniversary story "A Lot to Learn" in the collection)
I want this to happen so bad, you don't even know.

And yeah, I've kind of been holding off on recommending the series to my friends until the first hardcover comes out. It's easy enough to read everything in order when each issue comes out one at a time, but the reading order after the fact is byzantine at best. Better to just hand them one hardcover book and tell them to read it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #531
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Well, after my defensive post a couple spots up— it seems like #38 is going to be a week late, with 10/1 on sale date.

I don't have any explanation for why this is, as we got the issue finished on time. I've heard a hypothetical 'maybe it was the Korean summer holiday?' (our printer is in South Korea), but nothing concrete.

That's a long time to wait between issues, so I apologize for that. I'll try and put something up on the IDW forum soon as a little tide-over.
looks like we jinxed ourselves folks!
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #532
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior
 
Joey Kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
(hey, maybe they can use this extended time to include the 30th Anniversary story "A Lot to Learn" in the collection)

Looking forward to the IDW Collection; it'll make recommending/gift-giving to my friends a lot easier.
If it includes that and the Infestation 2 issues where they belong this collection will be perfect.

Regardless, I've been skipping the TPBs in favor of holding out for the collection books so I'm gonna buy it anyway...
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #533
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
The IDW Collection HC is now saying January 2015 on Amazon.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #534
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
The IDW Collection HC is now saying January 2015 on Amazon.
Yes...next March is in 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
IDW Collection has been moved back a good deal— next March I think.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #535
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
What amazon does is ****ing unethical. Taking preorders with false release dates...
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:03 AM   #536
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior
 
Joey Kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 694
Amazon does a lot of sketchy stuff. They're basically the Walmart of the Internet, with all the bad that entails. And their CEO is a douche.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:18 AM   #537
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
I wouldn't say false dates, they're just placeholder dates. Chill.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:22 AM   #538
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier
 
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 149
Any know if issue 39 is still holding its Oct 15th release date?
__________________
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:21 AM   #539
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Yes...next March is in 2015.
No, no no. It says January 13th 2015, not March 2015.

UK.

US.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #540
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I wouldn't say false dates, they're just placeholder dates. Chill.
There's no release date yet, therefor the correct release date should be "TBA". Also, Bobby said March, and they changet the October to January... Awesome...

I also had similar nature of problem with Book Depository recently (also owned by the same company as Amazon), they had "2 days until shipping" at one of their books, then it doesn't shipped for weaks. I asked them, they replied with "sorry, our provider didn't shipped the books yet, if you want we can refund blabla..." something like. I didn't wanted to refund obviously, all I wondered is why a book ships after a month if it should ship after two days(it's the TMNT Original Motion HC btw). Of course, after I asked them, they still had the wrong shipping date up for weeks. Since that time passed, the book also became cheaper, tho it's only $2 of a difference, so not a huge loss, or anything, but still.

Anyway, I don't think that's the way you treat your customers in a good business, damnit.
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.