The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #3621
BubbaShelby
Foot Soldier
 
BubbaShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0
I can't imagine another company with the property.
If Mattel had the line every character would share 99% of the same components, April would be packed one per case for a week then never re-issued, distribution would be s#!t so they'd cancel the line after two waves when 'Luge attack Donny' clogged the pegs nationwide, they'd blame 'the fans' for not buying enough 'Luge attack Donnys' to keep the line alive, then they would offer a yearly subscription service which you would have to buy into blindly if you wanted Raphael, because they never released him in the two retail waves.
BubbaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #3622
hitmonkey
Foot Soldier
 
hitmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaShelby View Post
If Mattel had the line every character would share 99% of the same components, April would be packed one per case for a week then never re-issued, distribution would be s#!t so they'd cancel the line after two waves when 'Luge attack Donny' clogged the pegs nationwide, they'd blame 'the fans' for not buying enough 'Luge attack Donnys' to keep the line alive, then they would offer a yearly subscription service which you would have to buy into blindly if you wanted Raphael, because they never released him in the two retail waves.
Sadly true. The best thing that could happen would be for a second company to get the TMNT license for adult collectibles. Neca or Diamond Select would be ideal.
hitmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #3623
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaShelby View Post
If Mattel had the line every character would share 99% of the same components, April would be packed one per case for a week then never re-issued, distribution would be s#!t so they'd cancel the line after two waves when 'Luge attack Donny' clogged the pegs nationwide, they'd blame 'the fans' for not buying enough 'Luge attack Donnys' to keep the line alive, then they would offer a yearly subscription service which you would have to buy into blindly if you wanted Raphael, because they never released him in the two retail waves.
That's so true it's scary.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #3624
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,368
Do we have a date on Turflytle yet? *buzz buzz*

I dont think there is a figure I am waiting on more...

*buzz buzz*



Like a Turtle do!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #3625
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaShelby View Post
If Mattel had the line every character would share 99% of the same components, April would be packed one per case for a week then never re-issued, distribution would be s#!t so they'd cancel the line after two waves when 'Luge attack Donny' clogged the pegs nationwide, they'd blame 'the fans' for not buying enough 'Luge attack Donnys' to keep the line alive, then they would offer a yearly subscription service which you would have to buy into blindly if you wanted Raphael, because they never released him in the two retail waves.
Absolutely. I love Playmates originality and the total batsh!t crazy turn they took with the original line. It led to some damn interesting products.
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #3626
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Prime View Post
PixelDan posted a review for Robotic Foot Soldier.

I like the look of the look of him. It seems to kind of make a better toy than the original foot soldier.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #3627
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
well it's definitely a great companion to the original foot soldier but I don't feel like they as good of army builders because they all have a very specific weapon layout
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #3628
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Looks like Playmates are back from the brink!
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #3629
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
well it's definitely a great companion to the original foot soldier but I don't feel like they as good of army builders because they all have a very specific weapon layout
How so? The hand attachments are all swap-able, if you bought 4 you could give them all maces or saw blades.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #3630
EightBitLife
Mouser
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Anyone know were to get the comic book figures online at a decent price?
EightBitLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #3631
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
How so? The hand attachments are all swap-able, if you bought 4 you could give them all maces or saw blades.
No, you're right, i should have actually WATCHED the review and not basing my thoughts on some older screenshots which did not show the whole story. I honestly did not know those were attachments that can be removed to show normal hands... that makes them way way better in fact one of the best figures in terms of accessories in the line.

The interchangeable stuff on the new foot definitely makes it a nice army builder.

having the same body damage is a little bit of a downside though.

I think I will definitely get 2 or 3 of them now instead of just 1. Gradually... doubt I'd snatch 3 at once. We seem to have regular TMNT sales going on which is the right time to army build.

Last edited by Zulithe; 10-08-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #3632
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
I wish the saw blades actually rotated, then you could put 4 on the same Foot Bot and make him roll like a car...
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #3633
LeonardosBane
Foot Soldier
 
LeonardosBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaShelby View Post
If Mattel had the line every character would share 99% of the same components, April would be packed one per case for a week then never re-issued, distribution would be s#!t so they'd cancel the line after two waves when 'Luge attack Donny' clogged the pegs nationwide, they'd blame 'the fans' for not buying enough 'Luge attack Donnys' to keep the line alive, then they would offer a yearly subscription service which you would have to buy into blindly if you wanted Raphael, because they never released him in the two retail waves.
Maybe, but if they were super articulated and sculpted by the Four Horsemen, I'd be more than happy to deal with it.
LeonardosBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #3634
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
How so? The hand attachments are all swap-able, if you bought 4 you could give them all maces or saw blades.
Having the same battle damage is a bit of a downer, although probably a easy minifix by painting over it, or covering it with apoxy clay.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:31 AM   #3635
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
pixel dan's review on the comic mirage style turtles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj5qJVRr7g0
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #3636
EightBitLife
Mouser
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Is there anyplace to buy the mirage turtles online?
EightBitLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:46 AM   #3637
Seedkiller
Foot Soldier
 
Seedkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hell
Posts: 190
I did some modding to the wrists on mine. Much better if I might say.aaand I have no idea why my pics come out upside down. But I'm pretty sure you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (89.9 KB, 75 views)
Seedkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #3638
madyankees
Hench Mutant
 
madyankees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedkiller View Post
I did some modding to the wrists on mine. Much better if I might say.aaand I have no idea why my pics come out upside down. But I'm pretty sure you get the idea.
Do u intend to give it a dark wash? I really like to see how that will turn out
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:01 AM   #3639
Seedkiller
Foot Soldier
 
Seedkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hell
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by madyankees View Post
Do u intend to give it a dark wash? I really like to see how that will turn out
I've got about 5 ongoing projects, so I'm not sure when I'll get to it. I do want to though. This mod only took me like 10 mins. I just had to do the wrist mod because these figures suck pretty bad, and I just had to do SOMETHING about it for now. I can't stand looking at how playmates just just skimped out on such an easy fix. But yeah, the paint needs major work.
Seedkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #3640
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedkiller View Post
I did some modding to the wrists on mine. Much better if I might say.aaand I have no idea why my pics come out upside down. But I'm pretty sure you get the idea.
How'd you do it?
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.