The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #3821
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by weizie View Post
These popped up today. Sorry if the pic is large, can't adjust on the phone.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...ps598qkmrh.jpg
Sick. Too bad I already have the regular comic turtles, minus Donnie. Are the comics changed in any way?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #3822
weizie
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiperps View Post
How much are they?
They were 16.99, on the case they came in. I don't remember what the label price was when i printed the shelf tag. They have a tendency to be different than the price on the case.
__________________
weizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #3823
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Ouch. Try early in the week maybe? I had tried my Target at the start of October hoping for better luck and finally caught it restocked.
The same three basic Donnies, Baxter, and Rat King have been sitting at Fred Meyer for at least two months.

I was at Target on Tuesday and they only had Squirrelanoid, Shredder #2, and Battle Shell and Mutagen Turtles. The Wal-Mart across the street had a single, solitary Casey Jones.

All three stores have plenty of every movie figure, though!
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #3824
BubbaShelby
Foot Soldier
 
BubbaShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 195
I finally got all my comic book turtles photographed for my blog. I really dig them! http://toyriffic.blogspot.com/2014/1...ant-ninja.html



Their matching scale to original TMNT figures is one of their strong points in my opinion:

BubbaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #3825
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaShelby View Post
I finally got all my comic book turtles photographed for my blog. I really dig them! http://toyriffic.blogspot.com/2014/1...ant-ninja.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-70deGEeXTu...%2Bfigures.jpg

Their matching scale to original TMNT figures is one of their strong points in my opinion:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ihaF_F473M...BPlaymates.jpg
Hey! They do fit in with the OT line. I wonder if that was intentional.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #3826
BlueKatanas
Foot Soldier
 
BlueKatanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaShelby View Post
I finally got all my comic book turtles photographed for my blog. I really dig them! http://toyriffic.blogspot.com/2014/1...ant-ninja.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-70deGEeXTu...%2Bfigures.jpg

Their matching scale to original TMNT figures is one of their strong points in my opinion:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ihaF_F473M...BPlaymates.jpg
Cool blog! What playset do you pose your figures in front of? It looks familiar but I can't place it.
__________________

My Collection Thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=49928
BlueKatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #3827
tmntpower2k14
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
You know, that's probably true. Kids will just see four Raph's, with three having the wrong weapons..
I thought that when I first saw the comic after initially being introduced to the cartoon, and original '88 figures.

Not only do they all share the same bandana, belt, there is no difference in stature from turtle to turtle, and they all have the same Raph-esque grimacing face. None of them seem to have unique visual personality traits. IMO one of the many improvements Playmates, Fred Wolf stamped on the property. The colored masks are more iconic than the 4x red ones.

And in the case of these figures ... it really is like the same sculpt from head to toe, not even different belts. So I can understand why it wouldn't interest kids, or parents. It's really aimed at collectors.

I really hope Playmates at least releases a version or variation of these Eastman and Laird Turtles with their unique colored bandanas.
tmntpower2k14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #3828
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Not for nothin' but most collectors aren't interested in these either... They have no idea how to appeal to the core of us.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #3829
tmntpower2k14
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not for nothin' but most collectors aren't interested in these either... They have no idea how to appeal to the core of us.
I've seen mostly adults buying them in stores. Not kids, so ... collectors?

Anyway, does somebody have an idea if Playmates plans a refresher case of the TMNT 1990 movie classics? For the Holidays or something because they've been gone since July.

Hopefully if they do re-release they'll have functioning shoulder joints, and not ones that break when even attempted at being moved.
tmntpower2k14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #3830
BubbaShelby
Foot Soldier
 
BubbaShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatanas View Post
Cool blog! What playset do you pose your figures in front of? It looks familiar but I can't place it.
Thanks!

That is a recent re-issue of the classic Tim Mee Battle Mountain playset, whihc I blogged about here: http://toyriffic.blogspot.com/2012/1...-it-again.html

BubbaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #3831
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower2k14 View Post
I've seen mostly adults buying them in stores. Not kids, so ... collectors?
You misunderstood me. Yes, adults are the buyers, but on a whole, I see more dislike than like for this particular line. The similarities, the lacking articulation, the color palette, etc. They're not going to do terribly well, because Playmates has no idea how to make a proper adult line, nor do they seem to care about changing that.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #3832
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by weizie View Post
These popped up today. Sorry if the pic is large, can't adjust on the phone.
i have these pre-ordered on TRU's website but have no confirmation of shipping am i supposed to go to a store with a proof of purchase to get them? i paid like 32 bucks for them
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #3833
BubbaShelby
Foot Soldier
 
BubbaShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Cruz, California
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakase View Post
...kids might be confused to why Leo, Don, and Mikey have red masks.
I wonder if we're giving kids enough credit.

Sure, a lot of moms and many kids won't know what's going on. But when I was a kid and a fan of certain properties (Transformers, He-Man etc) I knew A LOT about them, their histories, variant toys etc. I knew there was a red Bumblebee out there to be found (never found one though) and I never mistook Faker for a He-Man who was mistakenly painted blue. And that was LONG before the internet.

If a kid is a fan of TMNT, they probably know about the comic book origins, and all red bandanas. And if they aren't, they can find out in seconds on whatever ipodpadphone they are holding while out toy shopping with mom.
BubbaShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #3834
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I thought I'd throw in a couple of comparison pics.

Here are the two Bebops.



Here are Leo and Mikey Neca vs Playmates (hmmmm - No contest)
Mind you, I did like the trading card inserted in the Playmates packs.



DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:03 AM   #3835
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Off topic question here, what scale are the Turtles 1:12?
In the UK there is an ebay seller who makes pinball machines for Doll houses - going to get one for the sewer layer i'm trying to make and what to make sure its the right size...
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #3836
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
The figures are not in scale with each other in the most part !
They are around 4" - 5" tall. 12" = 1:6 scale.
1:12 would be 6" tall. These guys would make 1:6 look a little big.

Here are some varying scales of Bebop.
The one on the left is closest to 1:12



And here are the 80s and new Bebop


The newer one is slightly smaller.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:42 AM   #3837
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
The figures are not in scale with each other in the most part !
They are around 4" - 5" tall. 12" = 1:6 scale.
1:12 would be 6" tall. These guys would make 1:6 look a little big
Here are some varying scales of Bebop.
The one on the left is closest to 1:12

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...DF1C01107A.jpg

And here are the 80s and new Bebop
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...78C6E759_1.jpg

The newer one is slightly smaller.
Can you take Stockman fly pics because I believe you said you had him
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #3838
LeonardosBane
Foot Soldier
 
LeonardosBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You misunderstood me. Yes, adults are the buyers, but on a whole, I see more dislike than like for this particular line. The similarities, the lacking articulation, the color palette, etc. They're not going to do terribly well, because Playmates has no idea how to make a proper adult line, nor do they seem to care about changing that.
Playmates makes the figures primarily for kids, if collectors happen to like them (which they do, a lot), then bonus. The figures are already doing well with collectors, don't try to project your own dislike for them onto other people. If adult collectors didn't like them, they wouldn't buy them, but they do, and in droves. Not everyone has the same hang ups as you, they appreciate that Playmates is keeping the cost down so figures are easier to collect, and recognize that you're not going to get Revoltech quality for $9.
LeonardosBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:19 AM   #3839
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior
 
zaktheneutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 913
I went to Wal Mart last night (Central, PA) and found two Tiger Claws, two Robotic Foot Soldiers, one Slash and multiple comic turtles. My GF got me the Slash, comic Leo and Don for Christmas. The Raph and Mikey had huge dings in the cards or else I would have gotten them as well. It was nice to finally see them in my area. Oh and they had the LARP turtles too.
__________________
"We strike hard and fade away.....into the night."

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #3840
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardosBane View Post
Playmates makes the figures primarily for kids, if collectors happen to like them (which they do, a lot), then bonus. The figures are already doing well with collectors, don't try to project your own dislike for them onto other people. If adult collectors didn't like them, they wouldn't buy them, but they do, and in droves. Not everyone has the same hang ups as you, they appreciate that Playmates is keeping the cost down so figures are easier to collect, and recognize that you're not going to get Revoltech quality for $9.
No, but it'd be nice to get figures on a par with, say, Marvel Universe or Star Wars, which retail at a similar pricepoint, but have much superior sculpting, articulation and paint detailing (although they are a slightly smaller scale than TMNT).

And if you don't think Playmates make figures primarily for collectors, what about the Classics and comic Turtles? How many kids are going to be familiar with the early Mirage stuff? Hell, how many adult collectors are familiar with it? There's a lot of people who consider themselves TMNT fans but have no knowledge of the various comic series (or much else outside the OT)...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.