The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
New Splinter 2014 Concept Art by Sam Rowan

Concept artist Sam Rowan released his designs for Master Splinter from Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sam Rowan ("Edge of Tomorrow") is a concept art for Framestore, which is a visual effects company. Sam has released designs that he created for 20th Century Fox's X-Men: Days of Future Past and Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.







__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Not bad, I like the 1st and 3rd pic.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
So-CoAddict
Thug
 
So-CoAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 53
First concept is rad. Not a fan of the "bald skin" looking concept.
__________________
The Great White North
So-CoAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #4
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I like the second, mainly for the face. The attire's a bit too much, though.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Not bad, no doubt some Nick Splinter inspiration on that first one. Second is kinda cool... that is totally a warrior rat from Narnia. lol (TMNT/Narnia crossover, make it happen.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
These look better than what was in the movie...but I'm not a fan of the big eyes in the third one. Even though rats do have big eyes like that....it doesn't work very well for a character like Splinter. My opinion.

First one looks the best, though.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #7
massakre
Foot Soldier
 
massakre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 182
that 1st pic is legit
massakre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #8
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
How did we go from looking so rad like this to...well what we got? Some days I wish I could of sat in on the design meetings just to figure out what they were thinking.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:00 AM   #9
Splint'r
Foot Soldier
 
Splint'r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 183
Wow...that first one is KING! Why the hell did they scrap it to give us the sleezy filthy ugly one in the movie?

Hollywood some times.. (or all the times actually.)
Splint'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:20 AM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
The 2nd one kinda reminds me of Archie's Splinter:
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #11
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
First one is super cool.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #12
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
That one is giving me Redwall vibes.
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Well that first one is great. Very Nick toon, and I like a tall Splinter.

Other ones I'm not too fond of, but all of these and the one we originally saw are LEAGUES better than what we got in the movie.

Which I'm going to watch for the first time ever, shortly.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #14
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Well that first one is great. Very Nick toon, and I like a tall Splinter.

Other ones I'm not too fond of, but all of these and the one we originally saw are LEAGUES better than what we got in the movie.

Which I'm going to watch for the first time ever, shortly.
Waiting patiently for that review.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #15
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Well that first one is great. Very Nick toon, and I like a tall Splinter.

Other ones I'm not too fond of, but all of these and the one we originally saw are LEAGUES better than what we got in the movie.

Which I'm going to watch for the first time ever, shortly.
Splinter was what really trashed the movie for me. He looked SOOO bad. Like, melty Droopy Dog...It was terrible. The turtles look weird, but they grew on me. April was a pretty bad actress, but I was able to overlook most of that. But Splinter's voice, look, and everything bothered the hell out of me. Ugh.

No reason Fu Manchu...god.

ANY of these would be a VAST improvement.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:14 AM   #16
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
How did we go from looking so rad like this to...well what we got? Some days I wish I could of sat in on the design meetings just to figure out what they were thinking.
Seriously I think we all wondered what the **** happened between this amazing concept art and final product.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #17
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Waiting patiently for that review.
I'm liveblogging it. And so far I've only contemplated suicide once!

HAHAHa!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:23 AM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
Splinter was what really trashed the movie for me. He looked SOOO bad. Like, melty Droopy Dog...It was terrible.
lol Yeah, that design was just... I dunno. The Turtles may take some getting used to, but Splinter looked like he had a bad case of mange. (In which case I guess the Turtles are lucky to be reptiles if that sort doesn't transfer.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:50 AM   #19
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Seriously I think we all wondered what the **** happened between this amazing concept art and final product.
Bay happened.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
concept art


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.