![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
|
Los Turtugas Ninjas (for the wrestling fans)
They aren't the first group to use this gimmick but they are really good, young high flyers in Mexico. Thought some of you might enjoy this.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6sYFV7l0FU |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
|
lol
Those masks are kinda creepy. I remember making CAWs of the TMNT in wrestling games when I was a kid. There were some pretty good ones for Day of Reckoning 2, which had a great CAW mode. Also, I believe the correct spelling would be "Las Tortugas Ninjas". |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
|
![]() ![]()
__________________
![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | ||
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Neat. I'll watch a match or two from them on youtube.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
The late Brian Hildebrand, who refereed and wrestled in WCW, Smoky Mountain and the USWA, among other places, often worked the Ninja Turtle gimmick around 1992, sometimes billed as "Kowabunga The Ninja Turtle". I don't have any pics handy, if anyone does that'd be neat. I'm pretty sure he wasn't the first to do the gimmick but at the time he was the most well-known.
Those are some of the better TMNT-style costumes I've seen in the ring, that's for sure, especially the "shells". The masks are a little cheesy but that's always been the tricky part with "Wrestling TMNT" costumes; ANY mask is a bitch to wear, let alone one that fairly accurately represents one of those bulbous monstrosities and still stays put on their head. It's goofy looking but it's good enough, basically. I kinda dig it. The fed I broke in with used to have guys dressed up as a Goat, a Zebra, and a Monkey, and called them the "Zoo World Order". They were CRAZY over. The boss would'a TOTALLY flown these guys in for a weekend to work 'em. I wish. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 419
|
Why am I suddenly craving watermelon?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
|
Quote:
First, you had Kowabunga The Ninja Turtle in USWA (aka Chris Champion): ![]() ![]() And then there was the Smoky Mountain version "Cowabunga The Ninja Turtle" (Hildebrand)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
|
Xavier Woods is a big fan :
__________________
![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|