The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2014, 05:01 AM   #4061
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Picked up my classic comic Turtles and Bebop & Rocksteady.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:12 AM   #4062
KaiserGX
Mouser
 
KaiserGX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
I couldn't help but not pass up a comic styled Turtle but I was hugely disappointed so I decided to try to wash him a bit. I've never done anything like this before but I think I prefer it better like this. Also I colored the shell brown. I have no idea what the shell color was meant to be for the original comics. I've seen both green and brown. But I have the TMNT Works book and I liked how they were brown there so I went ahead and did it. Nice break from the rest of the green. Also idk what color are the nunchucks. The NECA figure is red, the comic I think had them black, and some images are brown lol.

__________________
C-C-Casey Jones is on the job!

KaiserGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #4063
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior
 
Lil Karai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 891
Wow! great job!
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #4064
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Those mutating figures look terrible, especially in the mutated form. Why do their legs have texture like the first Nick wave while their arms are smooth?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #4065
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserGX View Post
Nice job, if the company did them more like that I might be more interested in owning one.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #4066
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 370
I noticed the mutating turtles have colored knee/armpads like the classic line. Hope they keep doing this; it makes the toys pop
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:55 AM   #4067
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Got Rocksteady the other day. Very disappointed in the figure. It has the worst articulation I have seen yet.
What's with the recent figures like that anyway? Newtrilizer is about the same, except easier to stand. The villains are lacking mobility lol
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:08 AM   #4068
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
I noticed the mutating turtles have colored knee/armpads like the classic line. Hope they keep doing this; it makes the toys pop
I think that's to distinguish them in pre-mutated form, as you see the knees.

Comparison old vs new


Last edited by DVD; 12-05-2014 at 01:59 AM.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #4069
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
You missed a step in the transformation. The flexible panels along the side should not be sticking out like that. Technically, they are designed that they can rotate around 280 degrees so that they cover the belly instead. They even designed the belt so that the buckle has slots to hold them in place. Personally though, I have always just left them in their original position and tucked them in along side the legs.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #4070
Reputator
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 185
Always loved the original mutating turtles. Look how cute they are! And the style actually fits the character.

Turtles in training was still cartoony looking, so I don't know what the design philosophy was behind these new guys.
__________________
Reputator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #4071
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
You missed a step in the transformation. The flexible panels along the side should not be sticking out like that. Technically, they are designed that they can rotate around 280 degrees so that they cover the belly instead. They even designed the belt so that the buckle has slots to hold them in place. Personally though, I have always just left them in their original position and tucked them in along side the legs.
Thank you. I hadn't spotted that.
Looking a bit neater now.

I did find Raph and Don in the Japanese packing on Friday. I might add them in.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:25 AM   #4072
KaiserGX
Mouser
 
KaiserGX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Got Rocksteady the other day. Very disappointed in the figure. It has the worst articulation I have seen yet.
What's with the recent figures like that anyway? Newtrilizer is about the same, except easier to stand. The villains are lacking mobility lol
Of course! Don't you remember? The good guys win and the bad guys lose.
__________________
C-C-Casey Jones is on the job!

KaiserGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #4073
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
The good guys win due to mobility in their legs haha
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #4074
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserGX View Post
Of course! Don't you remember? The good guys win and the bad guys lose.
More like the good guys win cause the bad guys can't move.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #4075
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Ah, articulation. That was the big thing about the comic Turtles.
I've actually found they can be posed reasonably well. Well..I have only the one out of pack, and I haven't come across a Donatello yet (anyone want to help out ).
Anyway, here's Raph and, eh, Raph. I switched weapons with the mutating Raph as I think they really work on the comic version.

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #4076
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Oh is that the Comic Con exclusive?
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #4077
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Yup. The BW one is anyway.
It's a nice piece, if I'm being honest. I display it alongside the 2012 Leo and 2013 Shredder on a single shelf. It works (for me) as a neat grouping. The SDCC Raph is still rocking up on taobao for like £22 ($32 give or take).
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:47 AM   #4078
tmntpower2k14
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Picked up my classic comic Turtles and Bebop & Rocksteady.
Nice pick up, bro. I don't know whether to get the individual ones, or the TRU comic ones. Does anyone know if the TMNT 1990 Movie Classics will be restocked?
tmntpower2k14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:37 AM   #4079
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower2k14 View Post
Nice pick up, bro. I don't know whether to get the individual ones, or the TRU comic ones. Does anyone know if the TMNT 1990 Movie Classics will be restocked?
My TRU has restocked the movie classics about 3 times. So it probably depends on the area.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #4080
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
I think that's to distinguish them in pre-mutated form, as you see the knees.

Comparison old vs new

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...8F30E15C09.jpg
They are ready to make new Mini-Mutant Playsets now




__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.