The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #4081
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Those things kick ass and I'd looooooove to see them return. I'd be slightly worried on the paint jobs on tiny figures like that, considering Playmates misses the mark on their basic figures at times.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:04 PM   #4082
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'm with Snake 100% on that. They were favorites of mine as a kid & they're super duper aesome. So long as the paint was on point I'd def support a line like that.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #4083
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm with Snake 100% on that. They were favorites of mine as a kid & they're super duper aesome. So long as the paint was on point I'd def support a line like that.
I love any micro toys like that. I have a ton of Mighty Max and Star Wars micromachines. Shame they never made a comeback after the 90s.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #4084
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
With all that special snowflake stuff, everything being hyper PC, kids getting coddled, they've probably been cast aside wholesale for choking hazard reasons. Everybody's so worried about accidents happening nowadays. Just a guess.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #4085
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Yeah, hence why the revival Minimutants that had the 2007 movie esthetics was around 2 inches tall, and we got the Half-Shell line.

Although the Half-Shell stuff is super cute, I would love to see new mini figures again like the vintage ones. The capsule figures are probably the closest we'll get.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #4086
tmntpower2k14
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
My TRU has restocked the movie classics about 3 times. So it probably depends on the area.
We only got one shipment in late July ...



And I live in the Chicago burbs, so I'm not in the middle of no where.
tmntpower2k14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #4087
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
i'm just not confident that playmates could make a good revival of the mini-mutants stuff. biggest issue for me obviously being PAINT APPS. it's just going to be a nightmare. vintage playmates was way better at paint apps than modern playmates... I really don't understand why they let the quality decline so dramatically. not just the number of paint apps but the quality of them as well (lots of misaligned paint, chipping paint, etc.)

anyone wanting "mini" turtles stuff should just get into LEGO.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #4088
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
anyone wanting "mini" turtles stuff should just get into LEGO.
I would, if only for the figures themselves, but that's waaaaaaayyy too pricey to get into as far as I'm concerned. For the price of a set of Lego's I could commission the guys who made the TMNT famous to draw me whatever I want, or get a ton of loose figures or something. I can't justify it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:58 PM   #4089
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Mini mutant would be awesome if they came back
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:34 PM   #4090
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
mother brought me this guy today. since i really cant be out with my fractured foot. so yay! all i need is rocksteady
__________________

i ship it.

Last edited by METALHEAD; 12-09-2014 at 08:40 PM.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #4091
Reputator
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 185
Your mom rules. Some of my fondest memories are when I was a small child and my mom would surprise me with a turtle figure.
__________________
Reputator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #4092
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
My mom surprised me with the mousers when they came out last year, that was nice.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #4093
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
My mom never buys me toys anymore, even for Christmas or birthday, because I've already bought everything she could possibly think of getting me.

Instead she buys me weapons ^^
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #4094
Dunedain
Thug
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 83
My Mom beats me with a large broom till I get my homework right.
Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #4095
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedain View Post
My Mom beats me with a large broom till I get my homework right.
Oh you poor guy
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #4096
FLAduranie
Thug
 
FLAduranie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida USA
Posts: 78
I was at TRU tonight and saw the movie turtles have been repackaged. When did this happen? I also scored both versions of bebop and rocksteady today at walmart......yay!!
__________________
Dillon
FLAduranie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:12 AM   #4097
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
My students find it funny that my parents still send me toys through the post. It was my dad that got the retro Krang and Foot Soldier for me.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:15 AM   #4098
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Those things kick ass and I'd looooooove to see them return. I'd be slightly worried on the paint jobs on tiny figures like that, considering Playmates misses the mark on their basic figures at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm with Snake 100% on that. They were favorites of mine as a kid & they're super duper aesome. So long as the paint was on point I'd def support a line like that.
I used them with my Technodrome and Krang's android body....because they were almost the right scale.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #4099
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
I was as excited as a little kid when I found Bebop, Rocksteady, and Tiger claw in stores the other day. I didn't start out wanting to collect the toys but the characters have been great so I need to have them now.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #4100
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
In terms of parents still buying us stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing how Christmas turns out...

Not assuming there will be too much in the way of toy items (maybe a few), though my mom has a tendency to go a little overboard if she knows someone is into something (which she only found out this summer that I'm a fan again) so I wouldn't be surprised if half of what she got me was Turtles related. It may be a very green Christmas.

She did pay for two of the LARP figures as an early gift since she was with me when I finally found those.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.