The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #41
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703


Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #42
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Nah, No straw can break me since I don't take all this stuff personally or seriously.

I stay away from all these debates that's been going on what qualifies as a quality product.
you mean 90% of the Movie section on this forum
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #43
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
you mean 90% of the Movie section on this forum
Pretty much, Yeah. lol
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:10 PM   #44
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Well, consider the point of view of MOST fans who've followed the property a long time. Metaphorically speaking, once you've had steak, it's hard to settle for eating dog food in a can. They may technically come from the same source, but only in the loosest sense of the word.

"Settle For Less" shouldn't be the rule.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #45
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Well, consider the point of view of MOST fans who've followed the property a long time. Metaphorically speaking, once you've had steak, it's hard to settle for eating dog food in a can. They may technically come from the same source, but only in the loosest sense of the word.

"Settle For Less" shouldn't be the rule.
Spoiler:
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #46
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
C'mon, we've already been settling for less with everything post-TMNT 1990. That was the steak, everything else is just cheeseburgers. TMNT 2014 is a cheeseburger. The Nick show is a bacon cheeseburger (sometimes with fries). We're never gonna get a movie/steak better than the 1990 one, so we'll just have to cope with the cheeseburgers this franchise serves us.
I'm hungry.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #47
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I'unno, they've come close a couple'a times. Granted, they've fallen short, but this time they didn't even come close. Felt like they didn't try very hard.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #48
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'unno, they've come close a couple'a times. Granted, they've fallen short, but this time they didn't even come close. Felt like they didn't try very hard.
SOOOOO much this!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #49
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
C'mon, we've already been settling for less with everything post-TMNT 1990. That was the steak, everything else is just cheeseburgers. TMNT 2014 is a cheeseburger. The Nick show is a bacon cheeseburger (sometimes with fries). We're never gonna get a movie/steak better than the 1990 one, so we'll just have to cope with the cheeseburgers this franchise serves us.
I'm hungry.
I don't think you know what a cheeseburger is pretty-man. the movie this year was not cheeseburger, or maybe you eat badly, who can tell.
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #50
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I enjoyed the burger analogy. I thought it was an apt follow-up to my steak metaphor.

Although I'd argue that occasionally, we've gotten Angus burgers, which are technically both burger and steak. While the new movie was some kind of mystery meat using the parts of the horse you're supposed to throw out.

On the plus side, more horse testicles means more iron.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #51
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
vs.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #52
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
So that's how the steroids got in there. Free range beef next time.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:32 PM   #53
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
So, basically... it's a matter of degree, yes?
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #54
Bloodsucker
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: João Pessoa, Paraíba, Brazil
Posts: 175
this is the cheeseburger you mean?


or maybe this
Bloodsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:27 PM   #55
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
I've had some amazing cheeseburgers. I've seen some great TMNT media.

This movie was neither.

And to see "fans" just bend over and take what they're given because "at least it's something" is...sad? Hilarious? Sadlarious?

Yeah. Sadlarious.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:09 AM   #56
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I've had some amazing cheeseburgers. I've seen some great TMNT media.

This movie was neither.

And to see "fans" just bend over and take what they're given because "at least it's something" is...sad? Hilarious? Sadlarious?

Yeah. Sadlarious.
Dude, you're the only one here who isn't funny. Everyone's funny & then your bitter & overly sarcastic posts always kill it. I'm not trying to be a prick, just had to get that off my chest.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #57
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Dude, you're the only one here who isn't funny. Everyone's funny & then your bitter & overly sarcastic posts always kill it. I'm not trying to be a prick, just had to get that off my chest.
I can't figure out why you said cheeseburgers.
Seriously, I've had some impressive cheeseburgers and I've had some shite cheeseburgers, but they all have cheese. Cheese, is great, no matter how you cut it.

If you'd compared to say, Taco Bell, or McDonald's, I'd be right with you.
2007 was meh, 2014 was blargh. Both sounds I make 15 minutes post meal, at either place.

But no matter what you do, do yourself a favour, go find a gourmet cheeseburger. It can change your life.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #58
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
I can't figure out why you said cheeseburgers.
Seriously, I've had some impressive cheeseburgers and I've had some shite cheeseburgers, but they all have cheese. Cheese, is great, no matter how you cut it.

If you'd compared to say, Taco Bell, or McDonald's, I'd be right with you.
2007 was meh, 2014 was blargh. Both sounds I make 15 minutes post meal, at either place.

But no matter what you do, do yourself a favour, go find a gourmet cheeseburger. It can change your life.
actually now I think of it, the film seems like something McDonald's would pimp. I'm suprised we never got TMNT Happy Meals at some point.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #59
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Dude, you're the only one here who isn't funny. Everyone's funny & then your bitter & overly sarcastic posts always kill it. I'm not trying to be a prick, just had to get that off my chest.
That's kinda prickish, honestly. Dude's pretty funny. At least he doesn't have a selfie attached to every post, making them somewhat hard to read objectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
actually now I think of it, the film seems like something McDonald's would pimp. I'm suprised we never got TMNT Happy Meals at some point.
We have, like 5 times.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:34 AM   #60
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
actually now I think of it, the film seems like something McDonald's would pimp. I'm suprised we never got TMNT Happy Meals at some point.
That's all I've been saying. It's not great, it's McDonald's.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 movie, kevin eastman interview


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.