The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #201
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I'm pretty much with you on pretending those seasons never happened, but to be fair, it wouldn't be right not to include them even if you and I didn't like them. We could always just skip those episodes and just watch up to season five.
Sell them onto someone else who'd want them.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #202
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I'm pretty much with you on pretending those seasons never happened, but to be fair, it wouldn't be right not to include them even if you and I didn't like them. We could always just skip those episodes and just watch up to season five.
I will maintain that Season 6 & 7 are still Ten Times better than the new movie.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #203
Turtle Park
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: 彰化
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
If they are not going to make a Blu-ray version, I'm going to make one myself! With blackjack! And hookers!

Oh wait, I did...

Spoiler:
Wow!
How did you do that?
Well...it seems a little wired for 2k3 TMNT in HD.(Maybe I just get used to watch it in SD)But still awesome!
Turtle Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #204
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I'm pretty much with you on pretending those seasons never happened, but to be fair, it wouldn't be right not to include them even if you and I didn't like them. We could always just skip those episodes and just watch up to season five.
Exactly how I feel!
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #205
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
I will maintain that Season 6 & 7 are still Ten Times better than the new movie.
You might be the only person who feels that way.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #206
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Sell them onto someone else who'd want them.
He can sell them to cyber and bubbly
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #207
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
You might be the only person who feels that way.
At least Seasons 6 & 7 star the Ninja Turtles and not April. And at least the family actually have some bonding, unlike the new movie. And at least the Turtles do Martial Arts and has tons of action, while the new movie was just 'they went down a hill.' And it didn't have boner/fart jokes.

So yeah, if I'm 'the only one' that enjoy stuff that actually Star the Turtles and have all the stuff up above...then I will Never understand the audience of TMNT.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #208
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
People who purposely skip over the last two seasons make me laugh. Fast Forward has some of the best villains of the series and some great action scenes. If it weren't for the change in animation and some of the catch phrases it would have been just as good as the first 5 seasons.

BTTS was the only truly weak season of the show, but even then it still has some good episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #209
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Fast Forward wasn't bad, I thought the first few half of the season was okay. I just had to get use to the adjustment of what the shows tone was from 1 - 5. Honestly i be more okay with FF and BTTS if they just weren't considered canon, especially BTTS.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #210
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
At least Seasons 6 & 7 star the Ninja Turtles and not April. And at least the family actually have some bonding, unlike the new movie. And at least the Turtles do Martial Arts and has tons of action, while the new movie was just 'they went down a hill.' And it didn't have boner/fart jokes.

So yeah, if I'm 'the only one' that enjoy stuff that actually Star the Turtles and have all the stuff up above...then I will Never understand the audience of TMNT.
The action in FF and BTTS went downhill after season 5. The choreography, action, fight scenes were all lame. That was one of my biggest beefs with those 2 seasons. Also your comparing a movie to a season where you can develop bonding, character development, etc. I enjoyed the movie, Seasons 6 - 7 I turn my head and wish it never was made.

EDIT, when you say NEW MOVIE, are you talking about Turtles Forever or the Movie in theaters recently (Michael Bay)???? I was referring to Turtles Forever, since this is a 4Kids forum. Because if your talking about the Michael Bay film then ok I agree.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #211
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
EDIT, when you say NEW MOVIE, are you talking about Turtles Forever or the Movie in theaters recently???? I was referring to Turtles Forever, since this is a 4Kids forum.
I was talking about the new film produced by Michael Bay. I loved Turtles Forever and I'd agree that it was better than Season 5 & 6.

And the reason I mentioned that was because folks still Bash the 2003 cartoon and yet the new Bay-produced flick gets a pass from some folks (which I know it's their opinion but I don't get it).
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #212
Birdman37
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
I hated Fast Forward and liked the Bay movie *shrug*

Never saw Back to the Sewers but I loved the first five seasons of the show so I guess Ill check it out eventually. Hope they release the whole series on DVD or Blu Ray at some point.
Birdman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #213
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
What's the difference between FF and Turtles in Space or any arc where the Turtles go to another planet/dimension/future? Watch the first episode where the Turtles are on D'hoonib with Fugitoid in Season 2...that episode was exactly the same as a FF episode with aliens everywhere just with better animation.

If FF had the same animation and didn't have some catch phrase it would hardly be any different.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #214
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
The Fast Forward/Back To The Sewer seasons of the 4Kids series reminds me a lot of when Batman: The Animated Series was revamped as The New Batman Adventures.

Last edited by ABrown; 12-18-2014 at 03:25 PM.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #215
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
You might be the only person who feels that way.
I can assure you - he's not. I feel the same way.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #216
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist
 
Aaronardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboraph4life aka matt View Post
now, if only one day we can get something like this:

http://www.covertr.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1386340618
NICK, GIB US DIS
NAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
The Fast Forward/Back To The Sewer seasons of the 4Kids series reminds me a lot of when Batman: The Animated Series was revamped as The New Batman Adventures.
Except The New Batman Adventures was as good as The Animated Series and kept the same tone, as opposed to the change to Fast Forward.
__________________
"Shredder, you gotta listen to reason!" - Leonardo
"Oh Turtles! Oh Turtles! Chew your gum properly."
"If I miss this week's Kirby, heads are gonna roll." - Raphael
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #217
Fjaj
Thug
 
Fjaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88
My main problem with FF was the lack of plot arcs. I believe that is what caused me to get bored of it and stop watching it as a kid, and at that point I neither noticed the animation change nor cared about catchphrases.
__________________
Fjaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #218
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Collector Guy View Post
Except The New Batman Adventures was as good as The Animated Series and kept the same tone, as opposed to the change to Fast Forward.
I guess. I've always felt that TNBA had a lighter tone than the BTAS episodes. Though it wasn't as much of a difference as Fast Forward to the first five seasons of the 4Kids series. I actually think that FF was pretty much just as good as the first five seasons of the 4Kids series. It had a lighter tone, but I really came to enjoy FF once I finally got to see the Ninja Tribunal season that it took the place of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjaj View Post
My main problem with FF was the lack of plot arcs. I believe that is what caused me to get bored of it and stop watching it as a kid, and at that point I neither noticed the animation change nor cared about catchphrases.
Lack of plot arcs? FF was for the most part one major plot arc, with a few minor plot arcs throne in.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #219
Fjaj
Thug
 
Fjaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Lack of plot arcs? FF was for the most part one major plot arc, with a few minor plot arcs throne in.
It was one situation, but there was no overarching plot. When they finally did get out of if it, it was done at the beginning of one episode. If they actually made progress towards getting back in some episodes then it would have had a plot arc, but instead them getting back was a recurring theme and was solved instantly in a few minutes. None of the return attempts they made gave them progress whatsoever.
__________________
Fjaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #220
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
I was talking about the new film produced by Michael Bay. I loved Turtles Forever and I'd agree that it was better than Season 5 & 6.

And the reason I mentioned that was because folks still Bash the 2003 cartoon and yet the new Bay-produced flick gets a pass from some folks (which I know it's their opinion but I don't get it).
Yeah we agree, for whatever reason when u said new movie my head went to Turtles Forever
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k3, nicktoons


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.