![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
|
10 Ways To Make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Not Suck
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
|
#1 is right on the money.
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
He's completely right except for 10 and 2.
You can't get rid of Shredder until we actually GET Shredder in this movie. What I saw wasn't Shredder. And you can't not do the origin until the origin is done right. Everything else is exactly right. And, funny enough, the exact same worries and fears people had BEFORE the movie was released. And we were all correct. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
I'm gonna go ahead & be that guy- Can someone copy/paste what the ten are? I refuse to read these "click the next page to continue" articles, as it's just a shameless way to generate more ad revenue. Hate that ish.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Y'all need Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
|
I disagree with a lot of these. They felt like brothers to me, I liked the designs, I thought the action was tight, and they should not look to the 2003 show for inspiration. That show is not good, in my opinion.
I would do it for you, but going back and going through all of them for you would accomplish exactly what you don't want, more clicks. Sorry, bruh. Last edited by Cure; 01-08-2015 at 07:31 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
|
They need to give the Turtles nose jobs most of all. Second make a coherent plot. Third axe Eric Sachs entirely and give Shredder actual development.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Saw that the other day, agreed with a good amount of it, though there's still plenty I could add to it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
|
Quote:
9. Brotherly Love 8. Look To The 2003 Series 7. Improved Designs 6. Visible Action 5. Don’t Forget They’re Ninjas 4. Bring Back Casey Jones 3. April Is Not The Star 2. No More Origin 1. Find A Team That Actually Likes The Turtles |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Thanks, Xav. Well, based on key points alone, I agree with the bulk of it.
1. Shredder I think is in some way a necessity, but he should be built up & saved for the grand finale, maybe. 2.Brotherly love is probably the most important thing, given the family themes of TMNT. It needs to have some hang-out time. Playing games, talking about life, eating breakfast, anything. We didn't see much of the turtles' personalities, but they weren't totally off, so let's get more of that (minus the toilet jokes, please). 3. I have my fair share of qualms with the 4kids series but given it's based on Mirage, sure, lets take some queues from there. The more serious tone could help, potentially. Making Baxter a key player in the same vein as in 2003 would also be dope. 4. It'd be kind hard to "improve" the designs at this point, they could shave off a few accessories/armor pieces, I guess, but I imagine people take issue with the facial features most of all, so it may be a lost cause. While I'm still not a fan of the latest designs & made a big fuss up until I saw the film, they are in my opinion the least of our troubles, & while I never grew to like them, I did get used to them. 5. Visible action, yes, could use some decent fight choreography. Study Jackie Chan films, I say. Flashy blocking, lots of jumping around, some prop damage & slapstick. 6. Nina stuff, word, the turtles are so big though, I dunno, it might be too late for that. More shadow play though? Absolutely. 7. Casey is a favorite of mine but these films are a little cluttered character-wise, IMO, so I think they'd be better off fleshing out the rest of them before adding more. 8. April definitely needs to take a back-seat, agreed. 9. No more retreading origin-wise, sure. Well, I mean, if they want to try & make more sense of what they have established with new changes, alright I guess, if it will be less convoluted, go for it. Adding Yoshi would probably only complicate things, & I'd rather they not make anyone/thing more inter-connected than it already is. 10. Some added professional fans as creative consultants or whatever? Yes, do that. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
Quote:
I think number 8 is the best point.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Y'all need Jesus
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
|
I...know that. I never said it was about the designs? I don't like the stories from 2003 and definitely not the voices, especially Raphael's.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
|
Right in every account however #10 needs to be switched out for use of secondary characters that will make the most out of them whether its Karai or Irma or Casey Jones or even Bebop and Rocksteady. Not just have them in a few scenes and be irrelevant. Shredder on the other hand is necessary. For some reason TMNT actually made up villains for the movie. What other comic book heroes had to face a made up foe for their film? Shredder is their best villain and has been featured in the two best films. If he is not the central focus he needs to be the driving force or involved somehow with Krang, Rat King, Karai, or Baxter Stockman.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
10.No Shredder
Spoiler:
9. Brotherly Love Spoiler:
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Last edited by Redeemer; 01-08-2015 at 08:16 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
8.Look to the 2003 series
Spoiler:
7.Improved Designs Spoiler:
6.Visible Action Spoiler:
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Last edited by Redeemer; 01-08-2015 at 08:15 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
|
I loved the 2014 movie, The only thing i want improved for the sequel? a longer running time.
at least make the sequel 2 hours, But don't go 2 hours and a half, 2 hours is enough for character development. the 1st film was only 1 hour and 41 minutes, They actually shot stuff that didn't make the final cut, For example, Raph in a trench coat, They need to bring that for the sequel. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
5.Don't Forget They're Ninjas
Spoiler:
4.Bring Back Casey Jones Spoiler:
3.April is Not the star Spoiler:
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
2.No more Origin
Spoiler:
1.Find a Team that actually likes the Turtles Spoiler:
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
|
Quote:
I've never really liked the 2003 series, it wasn't so much a good translation of Mirage, just the closest when compared to the OT. I think Turtles Forever did Mirage best. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
|
Remember when people tried to compare the fights to The Raid? Haha, good times.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| tmnt 2 |
|
|