The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 05:02 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Prepare yourselves... TWWII is coming.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #22
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Yeah... I mean, I'm not pooh-poohing the idea just for the sake of being negative; it just seems to me that they're throwing in all the stuff that they wanted to do in the first place with the Blue Door script, rather than sitting down and thinking about what a logical continuation from the story we currently have would be.

As I've said previously, we've already got Sachs and Shredder, plus Baxter waiting in the wings, and maybe Karai (unless she vanishes for the sequel). I can't imagine that they'd put Bebop and Rocksteady in and not include Shredder, and given Fichtner's three-movie contract, I don't see them putting him on the shelf for a sequel. So we're basically at 4 villains already for the second movie - two of whom are dumb henchmen and the other two of whom aren't properly fleshed out because they were both supposed to be the same character in the first place.

To my mind, it would've made more sense to just do something interesting with Fichtner for a sequel, and leave Bebop and Rocksteady out of it. Their inclusion just seems like blatant "Oooh, fans like X... so let's put X in the movie just so they'll pay to see it!", without thinking about the big picture.

I mean, if they wanted big action slamfests with mutant-on-mutant for the sequel, there's no reason that they couldn't mutate Fichtner. I don't see why he needs to stay human - he's basically just Rich Evil Human dude, and he doesn't even serve any purpose as their frontman for public relations after his involvement in the events of the first movie. Mutate him into a giant super-freak and make him big enough that it's going to take all four of the Turtles working together to bring him down.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #23
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Really quick turnaround for a group that didn't have a set plan for the franchise. Good thing there are some talented writers/producers involved......
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:27 PM   #24
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
"we'll convert you".

I think it's funny they anticipate that people hated the movie. They know the score.

Anyhoo the day the start is going to be a sad day for TMNT fans.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #25
B-Man
Hench Mutant
 
B-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 406
This film is all about Bebop & Rocksteady, for me. They're the main event of this sequel. I'm confident they'll be a blast. Casey Jones worries me cause I have the feeling they're gonna cast him wrong, I don't want even more focus put on humans & his inclusion could just equal that cringey "romance" sh*t that the Transformers films are filled with.
__________________


"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #26
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
I like this because it means that we'll see leaked stuff sooner than much later.

Last edited by ScrewtheMirageTMNT; 01-14-2015 at 05:49 PM.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #27
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
"we'll convert you".

I think it's funny they anticipate that people hated the movie. They know the score.

Anyhoo the day the start is going to be a sad day for TMNT fans.
Speak for yourself plenty of tmnt fans excited for the sequel here and other places
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #28
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
And some people say "Dawn of Justice" is being rushed.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:33 PM   #29
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
What's funny to me is, some of the same people who think Dawn of Justice is going to be rushed and crammed are completely behind this project. I'm not saying just here, it's lots of places. It just goes to show you how some people don't really know how to process information.

How they're going to make a "better movie" by doubling-down on all the stuff that ruined the first one is a serious mystery to me. I doubt the studio is going to allow twice the budget to accommodate twice as much CGI, for example. Or add another hour to the runtime to make room for all these new characters AND give us more of the Turtles, as some people are so positively certain is going to happen.

Fact is, it's either going to be 2 hours and 15 minutes MINIMUM on a $300 million budget, or it's gonna be a rushed hack job. Just math, homies. Just math.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Just basking in the faint, dim glow of what tiny crumbs exist of willfully faked naive optimism... at least until something leaks that makes 3/4 of the community go "Oh, ****."

Does make me a little concerned that it starts production so soon, that damn script better be amazing. Although on the plus side, I suppose starting so soon gives them more room for error, and appropriately tweaking it in a way that works better (rather than a half assed patched up job), should any truly bad ideas get leaked to the public.

I do look forward to seeing how Bebop and Rocksteady turn out though. Seeing as I'm not really attached to them, but I know some are, including I'm sure some that were very in support and defensive of the first film. If they screw those two up... eek. But I'll just grab the popcorn and watch the debates. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #31
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Calling it now, they're going with the "Do we really NEED a script?" method. They know they have a "win" just by having Bebop and Rocksteady in it. They've already sold people. Nothing else they do means anything.

They'll write some stuff down, I'm sure, but they're not going to spend a whole lot of time on it, because they don't have a lot of time. Most of it will probably come from stuff they threw out the first couple times, when they were working on the last one. That's what usually happens.

Which is whatever, that's the business. But anyone who thinks they're putting this thing together with any kind of TLC is kidding themselves.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:32 PM   #32
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
why do i have a strong gut feeling..this announcement was made without a script even started or not even completed
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #33
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
In the interest of fairness, lest anyone give me any sh*t... "Man of Steel" was essentially made from taking a bunch of old scripts out of a drawer and stapling pages from each one together with a few notes in red pen crammed in the margins, then calling it "One Script", and in my opinion, it was a good movie. So it can work.

It's just not under any conditions the RIGHT way to make a movie or tell a good story. But sometimes it turns out okay. I just think in this case, time and money are going to work against them.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #34
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 410
I would rather have new mutants for Shredder that are.... ninja style. Different animals but ninja trained.

Rahzar is a good example.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:41 PM   #35
ian_punk_03
Random Punk
 
ian_punk_03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: canada
Posts: 19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdBFIAnoCY

10 Ways To Make Ninja Turtles 2 Better!! very cool video I just saw

Last edited by ian_punk_03; 01-14-2015 at 09:48 PM.
ian_punk_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_punk_03 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdBFIAnoCY

10 Ways To Make Ninja Turtles 2 Better!! very cool video I just saw
I could be willing to agree to him getting pretty much everything he wants... IF he'd take back the part about Knoxville. Until/unless it's known otherwise, will still be hoping that Leo's physical actor gets to voice him this time.

Ok, I still do hope they listen to fans, but particularly during this span of time between last summer and production of the next, and carefully consider some things. Legit stuff, not stupid things like the unnecessary title change. But I can see they went for that one because it was easy. The time for making changes is before stupid stuff is recorded.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-14-2015 at 10:44 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #37
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_punk_03 View Post
Yes i can't wait i loved tmnt 2014 i just wish more of karai and baxter stockman is in it. and hopely 15 to 20 mins longer this time. I loved the subway scene.
I love carpet. I love desk. I love lamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Really quick turnaround for a group that didn't have a set plan for the franchise. Good thing there are some talented writers/producers involved......
Good thing.

Good thing...



Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
Casey Jones worries me cause I have the feeling they're gonna cast him wrong, I don't want even more focus put on humans & his inclusion could just equal that cringey "romance" sh*t that the Transformers films are filled with.
Guess what. It's going to be.

Liebesman himself said that the reason there wasn't more Turtles in the movie was it was too expensive.

Do you really think that's going to change with MORE cg characters?

No, no it won't. You're going to get the bare minimum, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Speak for yourself plenty of tmnt fans excited for the sequel here and other places
And there are plenty of TMNT fans who aren't excited for it, here and elsewhere.

What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
In the interest of fairness, lest anyone give me any sh*t... "Man of Steel" was essentially made from taking a bunch of old scripts out of a drawer and stapling pages from each one together with a few notes in red pen crammed in the margins, then calling it "One Script", and in my opinion, it was a good movie. So it can work.

It's just not under any conditions the RIGHT way to make a movie or tell a good story. But sometimes it turns out okay. I just think in this case, time and money are going to work against them.
They won't even do that. Gonna be a big dart board with lots of crappy movie tropes and a blank in each one. Each dart that hits a trope will be written into the script with one of the character's names in the blank.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:58 PM   #38
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Alright, I'm out.

Every thread. Jesus Christ.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:00 AM   #39
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Alright, I'm out.

Every thread. Jesus Christ.
You seem to think you deserve an echo chamber.

I'm fascinated as to why you think you do.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:23 AM   #40
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I'm not looking for an echo chamber, I'm looking for decent conversation.

I'm OK with pennydreadful's post even though we disagree. She's just like "hey, I have a bad feeling..." and that's cool. She's entitled to that.

I'm OK with Leo's post, even though he's pulling "facts" and "math" out of nowhere. Just a colorful way of expressing his disinterest.

I'm OK with Indigoerth's posts.

What I'm not OK with is people getting singled out for looking forward to the next movie and being responded to with dumb gifs and condescension. They don't deserve that.

But hey, keep doing you, homie. Last time I'll say anything here.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.