The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #61
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Was your choice of words carefully chosen, or is it coincidence? I say this because Nick's The Creep is (whether or not they intended him to be) pretty much the same as Bloodsucker.


I never put it together, but you're right! It's as if Poison Ivy and Bloodsucker... never mind, not gonna finish that sentence.

Suffice it to say, plants... PLANTS EVERYWHERE.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #62
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Same with Team Rocket in Pokemon.
I think you mean the doronjo gang from yay thermal. They were the original
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #63
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
So here's a question, why didn't Shredder make new mutant henchmen all the time? Clearly Bebop and Rocksteady were failures, so why not try again and again until he made some decent fighters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
I think you mean the doronjo gang from yay thermal. They were the original
What about the villains from Time Bokan? The Doronjo gang were pretty much the same characters with new names and outfits.

Spoiler:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #64
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post


I never put it together, but you're right!
Some have suspected that The Creep is literally supposed to be a substitute for Bloodsucker, because Rick Veitch still owns the rights to the character & The River arc of the comics, in which he appeared. Ciro's a big fan of the original comics, so maybe he wanted to use him but was forced to create a replacement.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #65
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Some have suspected that The Creep is literally supposed to be a substitute for Bloodsucker, because Rick Veitch still owns the rights to the character & The River arc of the comics, in which he appeared. Ciro's a big fan of the original comics, so maybe he wanted to use him but was forced to create a replacement.
That sounds quite plausible... would make me accept the "you turned my brother into a plant" idea a little easier, too.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #66
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,748
These two are part of the reason why the original series was so iconic. They were like the American and mutated versions of Horace and Jasper from 101 Dalmatians. Cam Clarke and Barry Gordon's voice acting from them was sheer perfection. I really can't think of two better animated henchmen. Cowabunga Shredhead was their finest episode. They accomplished something and later celebrated their victory very humorously and brilliantly.



I cannot wait to see them in the 2016 film.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 07-01-2026 at 09:24 AM.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:24 PM   #67
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
I saw this on my Yahoo! News feed and thought I would post it. It covers Bebop and Rocksteady being dusted off the shelf with the Viacom buyout and coming back in a big way in various iterations.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/tmnt-wh...215700619.html
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #68
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Slash got taken out like a punk. That sucked.
Just got my hands on that comic and It was awesome. They are such powerhouses its not even funny. Bullets and electrical shocks are a minor inconvenience to them.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:27 AM   #69
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I saw this on my Yahoo! News feed and thought I would post it. It covers Bebop and Rocksteady being dusted off the shelf with the Viacom buyout and coming back in a big way in various iterations.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/tmnt-wh...215700619.html
I thought that was a pretty well done article!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #70
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I saw this on my Yahoo! News feed and thought I would post it. It covers Bebop and Rocksteady being dusted off the shelf with the Viacom buyout and coming back in a big way in various iterations.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/tmnt-wh...215700619.html
That was a GREAT article. Wish I'd written it!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
LOL, did you guys read the comment section in that article? People talking about how the Nick show sucks or how, "Ugh, I prefer the originals" or how Bebop is too skinny or how "this isn't the TMNT I grew up with."

LOL, such idiots in the comment section.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #72
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, did you guys read the comment section in that article? People talking about how the Nick show sucks or how, "Ugh, I prefer the originals" or how Bebop is too skinny or how "this isn't the TMNT I grew up with."

LOL, such idiots in the comment section.
Only read/post comments (or join forums) if you are prepared to deal with such idiots. They are inevitable.

Someone should update the old saying "Two things in life are constant: death and taxes." 'Cause it's totally three.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:39 PM   #73
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That was a GREAT article. Wish I'd written it!
Why don't you take a crack at it!? You can write up an article of your own design and post it here. Yes, seriously. I was just surprised to see Bebop and Rocksteady headlined on Yahoo!.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #74
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Why don't you take a crack at it!? You can write up an article of your own design and post it here. Yes, seriously. I was just surprised to see Bebop and Rocksteady headlined on Yahoo!.
Actually, I'm planning on trying to do a critical evaluation of the 1990 TMNT movie against the 2014 TMNT movie. Finished coming up with a rough points/grading system earlier today, so hopefully I'll be able to use it sometime next week...

I did try to get a gig over at WhatCulture.com, but I never heard back from them. Oh well, more time to focus on my own original fiction.

Now, back to the Bebop & Rocksteady discussion thread!

How do you think they'll be defeated (or escaped from) in upcoming Issue #44?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:33 PM   #75
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Actually, I'm planning on trying to do a critical evaluation of the 1990 TMNT movie against the 2014 TMNT movie. Finished coming up with a rough points/grading system earlier today, so hopefully I'll be able to use it sometime next week...

I did try to get a gig over at WhatCulture.com, but I never heard back from them. Oh well, more time to focus on my own original fiction.

Now, back to the Bebop & Rocksteady discussion thread!

How do you think they'll be defeated (or escaped from) in upcoming Issue #44?
We do not know where the new team of Nobody (Angel) and Alopex are at the moment, do we? I can see them using Nobody's suit technology to chase them off like before.

A critical analysis for fun? I thought my paper writing favoritism was unique.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:42 PM   #76
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
We do not know where the new team of Nobody (Angel) and Alopex are at the moment, do we? I can see them using Nobody's suit technology to chase them off like before.

A critical analysis for fun? I thought my paper writing favoritism was unique.
And Nobody does work for Harold, and as Harold can see s*** is about to go down, he's totally gonna call in the cavalry. Probably Alopex holds off Bop and Rock while Alopex spirits a comatose Donnie away from the battle...

I don't normally, but I'm curious to see how they hold up to each other based on criteria I assign and evaluate. Thinking it'll be fun! (If controversial, as I have a less hostile view towards 2014's movie than some of us here...)
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:57 PM   #77
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
LOL, did you guys read the comment section in that article? People talking about how the Nick show sucks or how, "Ugh, I prefer the originals" or how Bebop is too skinny or how "this isn't the TMNT I grew up with."

LOL, such idiots in the comment section.
I hate those kind of comments & the ruined my childhood comments are the worst
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:57 PM   #78
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And Nobody does work for Harold, and as Harold can see s*** is about to go down, he's totally gonna call in the cavalry. Probably Alopex holds off Bop and Rock while Alopex spirits a comatose Donnie away from the battle...

I don't normally, but I'm curious to see how they hold up to each other based on criteria I assign and evaluate. Thinking it'll be fun! (If controversial, as I have a less hostile view towards 2014's movie than some of us here...)
I have wrong a lot more than right in guessing's developments but this one I think is a safe bet.

I have my own bones to pick about it as far as actor choices and poor utilization of secondary characters though it could have been worse. I do like it better than the 2007 CGI film. Hope one day something will equal the 1990
and 1991 films.

Post your final draft here in its own topic thread if you would.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:01 PM   #79
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,748
Comicbook.com listed Bebop and Rocksteady in their The Top 5 Comic Book, TV, and Movie Minions.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/08/the-...nd-tv-minions/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #80
Ceres
Stone Warrior
 
Ceres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germany
Posts: 601
I would have prefered it if those two didn't came back in the Nick version of TMNT. Better good memories of these two dunderheads from the old cartoon as the abominations they are now. An anorexic warthog with a voice which makes your ears bleed and a russian rhinoceros with a favour of crushing heads like blueberries(well i have to say Rocksteady had the better end of this deal though characterwise and also his voice is o-kay for his role)

Bottom Line is, i can totally understand people who have a nostalgic feeling for them and do still like them because i feel the same way. And i am not afraid to say that.

I also hope that in the 2016 Movie of TMNT their personalities are pretty similar with the old cartoon versions because these are the funniest and the best in my personal opinion
__________________

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bebop & rocksteady, cucksteady and cuckbop, cybercubed-esque, fat black bebop, how very cubed of you, thisisapokemonthread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.