The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Casey & April mini

CBR just broke the news that the next IDW mini-series will be centered around Casey and April!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #2
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
...hmm...doesn't look very exciting but why not...
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Cool I can't wait,
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Apparently there's a member of the Pantheon in the Southwestern U.S. that has something to do with crows... I'm (moderately) excited myself.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Interesting! IDW really is committed to keep the TMNT-themed minis coming out every month.

I really like that preview for the second issue cover. Really humorous and possibly ominous at the same time. I wonder if IDW will try and do something shocking to one or both of the characters by the end of the series and solicit it as a "things will never be the same!" event.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
From the writer behind This One Summer. *swoon*

I'm really excited for this!!!
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
boywonder26
Hench Mutant
 
boywonder26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lakeland fl
Posts: 309
Whats pantheon
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:54 PM   #8
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Sophie Campbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 498
so excitedddd! i love both Mariko Tamaki and Irene Koh, they are awesome.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder26 View Post
Whats pantheon
Rat King, Kitsune and Chi-You's "family" of demi-gods.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
This sounds AWESOME!!!

I can't wait for the TMNT to find out about the Pantheon and how they're just puppets on their strings... I just gotta say it again: THIS IS AWESOME.

Oh, Casey and April need some spotlight time. Even if this didn't involve the Pantheon, this is a great idea.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Alright you knew this was coming:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Interesting, not what I expected out of the next TMNT mini but it looks like a nice change of pace. More Casey and April screentime is also good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:16 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Interesting, not what I expected out of the next TMNT mini but it looks like a nice change of pace. More Casey and April screentime is also good.
I love that their minis have been so unpredictable.

Ghostbusters crossover, Utrom Empire, Turtles in Time, Mutanimals, now Casey & April... seriously, such good storytelling!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #14
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 572
I have to admit I'm a little worried about this one. I could be wrong but I'm not sure where the exciting part is other than maybe more info about Kitsune's family. It just seems that the creative team came out of nowhere and from the interview I feel like I'm in for a really slow story about feelings and little else.

Its disappointing. I'm usually very happy to collect and re-read through the IDW volume over every now and then and this interview gives me the feeling like this mini isn't being written for me.

Last edited by spookycookies; 03-17-2015 at 04:53 PM.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:17 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I have to admit I'm a little worried about this one. I could be wrong but I'm not sure where the exciting part is other than maybe more info about Kitsune's family. It just seems that the creative team came out of nowhere and from the interview I feel like I'm in for a really slow story about feelings and little else.

Its disappointing. I'm usually very happy to collect and re-read through the IDW volume over every now and then and this interview gives me the feeling like this mini isn't being written for me.
Have a little faith. IDW hasn't let us down before, right? And April and Casey have really been lost in the series since City Fall. I mean, they've appeared since but mostly in the background and mostly not doing anything to drive the main plot forward. We'll get to catch up with them plus delve into the Pantheon...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #16
boywonder26
Hench Mutant
 
boywonder26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lakeland fl
Posts: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Rat King, Kitsune and Chi-You's "family" of demi-gods.
Ahh!!!!!ok,thanks
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #17
spookycookies
Stone Warrior
 
spookycookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NEPA
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Have a little faith. IDW hasn't let us down before, right? And April and Casey have really been lost in the series since City Fall. I mean, they've appeared since but mostly in the background and mostly not doing anything to drive the main plot forward. We'll get to catch up with them plus delve into the Pantheon...
I really hope I'm just jumping to conclusions. Maybe it's just the way CBR spun the interview but it seems like the plot is going to take a backseat to Casey & April hashing out their relationship until October.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:59 PM   #18
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
I feel like I'm in for a really slow story about feelings and little else.
These are some of my favorite turtle stories! This mini sounds more in line with some of Mirage's more downbeat arcs. Definitely looking forward to it, and CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is right, Casey & April's relationship has really been lost in the action lately. They almost just seem paired together due to the history of the characters in previous iterations, I'd like to see some substance.

I'm predicting this will be the first of four 'team micros'... I expect Angel & Alopex are just around the corner.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #19
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
These are some of my favorite turtle stories! This mini sounds more in line with some of Mirage's more downbeat arcs. Definitely looking forward to it, and CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is right, Casey & April's relationship has really been lost in the action lately. They almost just seem paired together due to the history of the characters in previous iterations, I'd like to see some substance.

I'm predicting this will be the first of four 'team micros'... I expect Angel & Alopex are just around the corner.
Yes please.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #20
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior
 
Joey Kamikaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 694
I was hoping we'd get some team-up micros, so cool.

I'm also glad we finally have an official name for the Pantheon, and to hear that story is taking center stage post-#50.

Beyond that... April and Casey's micros were both great and both characters have been in the background the past few arcs, so what the hell, it's good to see them getting time in the spotlight together. Tbh I've been wondering how long their relationship is going to last lately with Casey's anger issues.
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.