The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #221
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Taking Leo out of the package. The rest of these pictures are bootleg pictures. I just didn't bother editing the photos to mark it. Anyway, you can see for yourself how nice this looks.







Took me a bit, but I realized there was something funky looking about his left arm...



And here is what he looks like after the arm is fixed.. swapping the forearm and bicep areas. Pretty easy to fix as the joints can pull out easily and stay stiff when re-attached. Also, from this picture, you can easily see what I was talking about before when I said his joints are the same color as the rest of his body.









One other thing I just noticed about Leonardo. One of his wrist pegs are larger than the other, but I can live with this. If anything, you can swap it out with another smaller one somewhere else that's less noticeable (like the one connecting his foot).




Last edited by bchased; 03-16-2015 at 12:40 AM.
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #222
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Hope you guys enjoyed the comparisons and my first review of anything in general. Let me know what you guys think.






Last edited by bchased; 03-15-2015 at 11:18 PM.
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #223
slomo
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Germay
Posts: 24
they do not look so bad...for a bootleg. but of course i always prefer the original.
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:34 PM   #224
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomo View Post
they do not look so bad...for a bootleg. but of course i always prefer the original.
Yeah, that is why I have an original set. I always feel like I need at least one original set for collection, but the bootleg is awesome to play with. Worth the money in my opinion. Thinking of getting another set, or at least another Michaelangelo for a 2nd spinning nunchuck.

One of the elbow pegs for Leonardo comes apart when I bend it too much, but in general, they are tight. I took apart the entire bootleg figure to show each bootleg piece.

bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #225
chaosboy
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 37
So it looks in the picture that the bandana peg is not the color of the bandana.
chaosboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #226
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosboy View Post
So it looks in the picture that the bandana peg is not the color of the bandana.
You're right. I didn't notice that before since I never opened the authentic ones, but watching some reviews of the authentic ones, I guess those pegs are the color as the bandanas. Makes sense. All the turtles' bandana pegs are green.
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:20 PM   #227
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 623
Okay... That disassembled pic is great... but for some reason very creepy. Great shots though! Very nicely done!
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:33 PM   #228
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
By the way, there are several sellers on AliExpress, but the one I purchased from (Jessie) is a really nice person to deal with. Pretty responsive as well and seems to write well in English.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Revol...281779025.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Okay... That disassembled pic is great... but for some reason very creepy. Great shots though! Very nicely done!
Thanks man!

Last edited by Jester; 03-16-2015 at 04:33 PM. Reason: 2x posts
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:13 AM   #229
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier
 
Turtle_power_eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchased View Post
By the way, there are several sellers on AliExpress, but the one I purchased from (Jessie) is a really nice person to deal with. Pretty responsive as well and seems to write well in English.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Revol...281779025.html
I also ordered mine from Aliexpress (although from another seller). They should be here either today or tomorrow. Shipping was actually must faster than I had anticipated. Had I not ordered these at the beginning of the Chinese New Year, I would say I only would have waited 2 weeks.

Bummer about Raph's eye issue, perhaps if you contact the seller and let them know they may hook you up with a discount at the very least. Also I was wondering if maybe instead of using the bandana peg to move the stiff eyes, if you could find something similar in size to rotate the eyes with, to curb the fears of breaking the actual peg...maybe a paper clip or something?

All in all I'm impressed with your set and can't wait to have mine in hand. I will revisit this thread when mine get here...which should be very soon

PS: pretty nice posing.
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:37 AM   #230
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchased View Post
By the way, there are several sellers on AliExpress, but the one I purchased from (Jessie) is a really nice person to deal with. Pretty responsive as well and seems to write well in English.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Revol...281779025.html
Thanks for sharing, bchased! Very nice shots, too. I might have to bite the bullet on these, actually - they're not perfect, but they look nice, and they're good and cheap (with free shipping!)
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #231
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
im thinking about ordering from here but im a little shy after my experience from the ebay seller who took our money and ran....how do you set it up to order all 4? do you just change "qty" to 4? i dont wanna get 4 of the same figure
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #232
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier
 
Turtle_power_eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
im thinking about ordering from here but im a little shy after my experience from the ebay seller who took our money and ran....how do you set it up to order all 4? do you just change "qty" to 4? i dont wanna get 4 of the same figure
There are several listings on Aliexpress for the lot of 4, seems like $95 is the going rate.

There are also sellers that offer individual pieces and you just add one of each to your cart...often times each piece is called the color of the bandana as apposed to the name of the character. Seems like if you order a lot of 4 instead of individually you will mostly likely save a few bucks. Some sellers also offer a discount of $5 off orders over $100. Browse the sellers and find the best deal, but do yourself a favor and buy from a seller with positive feedback

Mine shipped from China on March 5th and are scheduled for delivery today.

Also worth noting that Aliexpress holds your funds until you confirm that you have received your items...so the seller doesn't see the money until the site knows you got your package.

***EDIT: My figures just arrived, I only opened Mikey for a quick inspection. He has a slight gap in the head, but otherwise looks solid. His eye articulation was really stiff, but I used a paper clip to free it up without breaking the bandana peg. I have noticed a few tiny sloppy spots in regards to the paint apps. Most notable paint issue is on the alternate Leo head. All of them have the eye pupils. All figures look to have all their parts (no missing fingers etc). Leo and Raph were put into the packaging upside down. Leo's box was also a bit busted up on one corner due to a bit of rough handling on the trip across the Ocean. So far I am pleased. Will report back when I get a chance to get them all out and inspected...at work so I will have to wait until I get home.

Last edited by Turtle_power_eh?; 03-16-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #233
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
im thinking about ordering from here but im a little shy after my experience from the ebay seller who took our money and ran....how do you set it up to order all 4? do you just change "qty" to 4? i dont wanna get 4 of the same figure
Yeah, don't worry, they can't take your money and run. AliExpress holds the money until you are satisfied with the order. If you're not, you open a dispute and work it out. If you still can't work it out, AliExpress will just return the money to you.

Oh, and you just click on the turtle in the listing and click "add to cart". Do that for each turtle, then go to cart and you'll see that all 4 are added. Like someone posted, it's up to you if you want to go and purchase from another seller. Going rate does appear to be about $95 or so, but I also like buying from someone that I'm familiar with. I took a chance on this seller and it turned out good so I may stick with him/her for my next batch. Also, since you're buying all 4 turtles, you can message the seller and ask for a discount since you're buying all 4. They should comply. I don't see why not. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
I also ordered mine from Aliexpress (although from another seller). They should be here either today or tomorrow. Shipping was actually must faster than I had anticipated. Had I not ordered these at the beginning of the Chinese New Year, I would say I only would have waited 2 weeks.

Bummer about Raph's eye issue, perhaps if you contact the seller and let them know they may hook you up with a discount at the very least. Also I was wondering if maybe instead of using the bandana peg to move the stiff eyes, if you could find something similar in size to rotate the eyes with, to curb the fears of breaking the actual peg...maybe a paper clip or something?

All in all I'm impressed with your set and can't wait to have mine in hand. I will revisit this thread when mine get here...which should be very soon

PS: pretty nice posing.
Thanks man. Hope yours turns out just as great. I'm sure it will, but it seems that the issues are random. Like someone saying they were missing a finger, I was missing a heart for Donatello and then some blemish issues on the paint for Raph's eyes.

For the rest of the folks that haven't ordered yet and are thinking about it, it's probably a good idea to contact the seller and ask him to check each box before shipping to make sure all the accessories are there and nothing is missing.

Last edited by Jester; 03-16-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: 2x posts
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:00 PM   #234
Jasey Cones
Thug
 
Jasey Cones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: England
Posts: 79
Great pics man.

Did the missing heart piece from donatello turn up?

Mine was trapped in the bottom of the packaging so hopefully yours is too.
__________________


When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
Jasey Cones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #235
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier
 
Turtle_power_eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchased View Post
Thanks man. Hope yours turns out just as great. I'm sure it will, but it seems that the issues are random. Like someone saying they were missing a finger, I was missing a heart for Donatello and then some blemish issues on the paint for Raph's eyes.

For the rest of the folks that haven't ordered yet and are thinking about it, it's probably a good idea to contact the seller and ask him to check each box before shipping to make sure all the accessories are there and nothing is missing.
Mine seem 100% complete. a few minor paint issues but for the price I won't cry about it.

PS use a paper clip instead of the bandana peg to get the eyes moving...worked really well for the Mikey I opened.
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:28 PM   #236
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Thanks for sharing, bchased! Very nice shots, too. I might have to bite the bullet on these, actually - they're not perfect, but they look nice, and they're good and cheap (with free shipping!)
No problem. Part of the reason why I went with this seller is because of the ship time. ePacket is much faster than their standard shipping and it's free. I'm in Boston, MA and after the seller updated that the items were shipped, I got them in 11 days. Pretty quick. Some sellers have the standard shipping which takes 15-26 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasey Cones View Post
Great pics man.

Did the missing heart piece from donatello turn up?

Mine was trapped in the bottom of the packaging so hopefully yours is too.
Thanks, and nope, I looked everywhere, but still couldn't find it. I'm ordering another one, so the seller said he/she will send me the missing piece in that batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_power_eh? View Post
Mine seem 100% complete. a few minor paint issues but for the price I won't cry about it.

PS use a paper clip instead of the bandana peg to get the eyes moving...worked really well for the Mikey I opened.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I did the exact same thing! I used a paperclip instead of the bandana to move the eyes. In fact, some eyes seem as if they're slightly glued in place when you first get the figures, but using more force with a paperclip allowed me to knock it loose and move more freely after that.

Last edited by Jester; 03-16-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: 3x posts
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:13 AM   #237
vaizardv
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: oregon
Posts: 65
wow that was a very insightful breakdown literally lol. now I am sold on getting another set (this time a bootleg) I love my originals, but the question is, has anyone been successful in purchasing and receiving these from an ebay seller, and if so, could you please provide us with the info?
thank you,
vaizardv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:03 PM   #238
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier
 
SilverNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NY (formerly from CA)
Posts: 229
Thanks so so much for your helpful posts, bchased. I have a real Leo, but I wanted to get a complete set of these because these figures are so awesome. With Leo, I like to own the real deal, but I wouldn't mind having bootlegs of the other guys.

Also, I saw someone on Instagram replacing broken pegs with actual Revoltech pegs that come in a set of ten. I have only seen replacements in orange/red. Does anyone happen to know if Revoltech offers any other colors...or will in the future?
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:53 AM   #239
bchased
Random Punk
 
bchased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaizardv View Post
wow that was a very insightful breakdown literally lol. now I am sold on getting another set (this time a bootleg) I love my originals, but the question is, has anyone been successful in purchasing and receiving these from an ebay seller, and if so, could you please provide us with the info?
thank you,
Thanks man. I'm not sure about a successful purchase via eBay, tho, but AliExpress is pretty good for these. I've bought stuff from them for years now and haven't really had any major issues. Obviously, most of the sellers on there are from China so depending on the product, you really could end up with some horrible quality junk products, but that's why AliExpress holds onto your money until you're satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
Thanks so so much for your helpful posts, bchased. I have a real Leo, but I wanted to get a complete set of these because these figures are so awesome. With Leo, I like to own the real deal, but I wouldn't mind having bootlegs of the other guys.

Also, I saw someone on Instagram replacing broken pegs with actual Revoltech pegs that come in a set of ten. I have only seen replacements in orange/red. Does anyone happen to know if Revoltech offers any other colors...or will in the future?
Np man. I do want to mention to everyone that although the bootleg turtles are pretty cool (and I've had them for a couple of weeks now), the more you play with them, the looser their joints become. I'm not sure if these are common with the authentic ones, but some limbs and/or bandana straps fall off pretty easily now when posing. They may look nice, but I question their durability. I sometimes finding myself swapping out joints in other areas of the body to get that tighter feel again. I still enjoy my bootlegs, tho. I bought a couple more sets to keep around nicely in their boxes.
bchased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 AM   #240
Turtle_power_eh?
Foot Soldier
 
Turtle_power_eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 122
I have never had the pleasure of holding any of the real deal figures in hand, but from what I can tell from some video reviews is this: the real Revoltech joints seems to produce that clicking noise when the joints are moved (like a ratchet) and my bootlegs' joints don't seem to make much or any noise at all. The joints on my set aren't loose persay but they are far from stiff, so I can see why they would get looser the more they are manipulated. Clearly the real figures use a better quality plastic for the joints (and more than likely every other part). I would not recommend popping the joints apart often, as the pegs seem somewhat brittle.

The joint that holds Mikey's whirling chuck effect actually broke on mine, as the peg would not slide into the spinning piece at all...so I risked it and applied a little to much pressure and ended up breaking it and oddly it actually fits better than before but is far from stable.

For the most part I'm satisfied with the bootlegs, the paint apps on mine are actually quite good but am a little upset that I wont be able to mess around with more poses in fear of wearing out the cheap joints. These could have been a great/cheap option for making some stop motion shorts but I just cant see the joints lasting long if constantly manipulated. Would be nice to find some legit revoltech replacement pegs/joints in the appropriate colors but I have yet to see any

As for a good eBay supplier, I wouldn't know as I also ordered mine from Aliexpress. Shipping was really fast and the figures arrived within a week and a half...just beware that you may get a good set or you might get a garbage one...or even a mix of both, it really appears to be a coin toss at the moment.

If you are willing to take a gamble, go for the bootlegs as they aren't all bad and at first glance look like the real deal but the quality is not going to be the same as the real ones. If I manage to find a real set for a non outrageous price you can be sure I would buy them and get rid of these.

Last edited by Turtle_power_eh?; 03-27-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Turtle_power_eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action figures, bootleg


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.