The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #201
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I do find it weird having basketball players cameo in the movie, I would of thought American football players are more popular and paid more than basketball player.
Maybe the football players require more pay then they were actually willing to spend. lol

Although I think football is pretty much off season right now, so that may be a main factor. Likewise for baseball. Basketball is still in season and it looked like they may have shot the actors at an actual game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I am seriously getting more and more pissed off the more I hear about this sequel.
There there... Don't burn out too quickly, it's only getting started.



Alessandra Ambrosio (who ever the hell this is?) is just playing herself, huh? lol I guess it's easier just to be upfront about not requiring acting skills from some people, particularly the women on screen. Guess they really only need something the camera wants to look at.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #202
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Platinum Dunes Filmmaker Priorities:

Producer wants to meet a supermodel and a basketball team > Product placement > 'Splosions > Whatever whim the director/producer has right now [Ex: "I think base jumping is cool! Let's put that in the movie!"] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I dunno, maybe tell a story if there's enough time left. (There won't be.)
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #203
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Even if horsesh*t like this is to be included, does it really have to be the first news we get? Couldn't we ever get something more normal or speculation-provoking at first, instead of an immediate stamp of failure? I mean, I guess it's good to have up front confirmation that the thing will be no less terrible than the first, but still, you could at least trick us into thinking otherwise, however foul a practice that may be...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #204
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Sad to see this Site hasn't change any lol
Excited with what this New Movie will bring, bring it on.
This year is going to be a good one
(halo, movie, games, tmnt filming)
Its gonna be good
agreed just ignore TrollorTreater it seems is only existence in life is to troll the movie section. Funny for someone who hates the PD turtles movies all he does is talk about them and live in the movie section.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #205
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Remember all the stuff i said would happen and did? Good times.
I definitely remember you saying that Japanese Shredder was "secretly" in the movie the whole time, and that Sachs being Shredder was all a big scam... and then the actor himself confirmed that they had basically him come in and shoot a few scenes in an afternoon. And then Sachs was Shredder in both the novel and the video game. And the more it was made clear that the whole thing was a last-minute "fix", the more you insisted that it was planned from the start. That whole thing was tragically hilarious.

It's like your mutant power is the opposite of mine. I've got that Scarlet Witch power where I can manipulate probability, and every single thing I say comes true. Meanwhile, your track record is comparatively horrible. Not taking cheap shots, brother, just doing the math.

Also, more pointless cameos! Radical! Just what I wanted. Even more not-Ninja Turtles in a Ninja Turtles flick. They're gonna have six minutes of screen time in their own movie, and half of that is likely going to be them getting teabagged by Bebop and Rocksteady. Awesome.

At this rate, in TMNT 4, all four of them will be dead, and Splinter will train April and Vernon to battle Super-Duper-Cyber Shredder and avenge their deaths. And in a stunning reveal, Whoopi Goldberg will turn out to be Krang, the mastermind of everything from the beginning. No wonder she fired April. Can't wait. All of that is going to be so totally f***in' neato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
agreed just ignore Reality it seems its only existence in life is to ruin our fun and disrupt our enjoyment of terrible, terrible things
((^^ Special "Say What You Really Mean" Translation For The Nonsense-Impaired))

Last edited by Leo656; 03-27-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #206
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
At this rate, in TMNT 4, all four of them will be dead, and Splinter will train April and Vernon to battle Super-Duper-Cyber Shredder and avenge their deaths. And in a stunning reveal, Whoopi Goldberg will turn out to be Krang, the mastermind of everything from the beginning. No wonder she fired April. Can't wait. All of that is going to be so totally f***in' neato.


((^^ Special "Say What You Really Mean" Translation For The Nonsense-Impaired))
This is pure gold
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:54 AM   #207
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Even if horsesh*t like this is to be included, does it really have to be the first news we get? Couldn't we ever get something more normal or speculation-provoking at first, instead of an immediate stamp of failure? I mean, I guess it's good to have up front confirmation that the thing will be no less terrible than the first, but still, you could at least trick us into thinking otherwise, however foul a practice that may be...
I don't think they film movies in order of 'Coolest looking scenes'.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #208
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I've got that Scarlet Witch power where I can manipulate probability, and every single thing I say comes true.

At this rate, in TMNT 4, all four of them will be dead, and Splinter will train April and Vernon to battle Super-Duper-Cyber Shredder and avenge their deaths. And in a stunning reveal, Whoopi Goldberg will turn out to be Krang, the mastermind of everything from the beginning.
Seriously, the duct tape, does anyone have any on hand.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:04 PM   #209
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I really don't think Powder's grievance really has to do with order of scenes shot. I think his point was, we really know nothing about the movie, and the very first thing we find out for sure is this, and that's kind of a drag. Like, not "Guess what? Casey's definitely in", or anything like that. The first solid news we find out is this. I think that's what he was getting at. Not what scenes were shot first, but simply, that whoever at PD is responsible for releasing information and building a buzz, picked a really puzzling place to start from. "More Vernon. You guys are gonna be so excited."

That's like going on a date, and the first thing you say is, "I'm glad we could get together; it's been really hard for me to date since that whole incident with the dead hooker." Not at all what you want to open the conversation with. It might not ruin the entire thing, but it doesn't exactly set the mood, either.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:06 PM   #210
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Precisely, thanks.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:09 PM   #211
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435


In a world where Guardians of the Galaxy is the best comic book movie of 2014 and frakking ANT-MAN gets a movie that probably won't be awful, WHY do I have to be tortured by Michael Bay getting paid to not care about my childhood heroes?

Dammit. Can I cry on your shoulder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I definitely remember you saying that Japanese Shredder was "secretly" in the movie the whole time, and that Sachs being Shredder was all a big scam... and then the actor himself confirmed that they had basically him come in and shoot a few scenes in an afternoon. And then Sachs was Shredder in both the novel and the video game. And the more it was made clear that the whole thing was a last-minute "fix", the more you insisted that it was planned from the start. That whole thing was tragically hilarious.

It's like your mutant power is the opposite of mine. I've got that Scarlet Witch power where I can manipulate probability, and every single thing I say comes true. Meanwhile, your track record is comparatively horrible. Not taking cheap shots, brother, just doing the math.

Also, more pointless cameos! Radical! Just what I wanted. Even more not-Ninja Turtles in a Ninja Turtles flick. They're gonna have six minutes of screen time in their own movie, and half of that is likely going to be them getting teabagged by Bebop and Rocksteady. Awesome.

At this rate, in TMNT 4, all four of them will be dead, and Splinter will train April and Vernon to battle Super-Duper-Cyber Shredder and avenge their deaths. And in a stunning reveal, Whoopi Goldberg will turn out to be Krang, the mastermind of everything from the beginning. No wonder she fired April. Can't wait. All of that is going to be so totally f***in' neato.


((^^ Special "Say What You Really Mean" Translation For The Nonsense-Impaired))
Why do you have to be so pessimistic, Leo!? That's not how it's going to happen at all! Have a little faith!

The Turtles will get sucked into Dimension X where they will become the gods of a planet of humanoid Turtles, the vast majority of whom are female and look like Venus de Milo. Oh, and Shredder's gonna be a monster with blades growing out of his skin. It'll be AWESOME.

In all seriousness, though, for 2014 I figured half of us were pessimistic (rightly so) and half of us were optimistic. I think the numbers for 2016 are gonna be 90% pessimistic (rightly so) and 10% optimistic (self-deluded).

And yet, part of me is still eager to see what Bebop and Rocksteady will look like on the movie screen... sigh.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #212
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I really don't think Powder's grievance really has to do with order of scenes shot. I think his point was, we really know nothing about the movie, and the very first thing we find out for sure is this, and that's kind of a drag. Like, not "Guess what? Casey's definitely in", or anything like that. The first solid news we find out is this. I think that's what he was getting at. Not what scenes were shot first, but simply, that whoever at PD is responsible for releasing information and building a buzz, picked a really puzzling place to start from. "More Vernon. You guys are gonna be so excited."

That's like going on a date, and the first thing you say is, "I'm glad we could get together; it's been really hard for me to date since that whole incident with the dead hooker." Not at all what you want to open the conversation with. It might not ruin the entire thing, but it doesn't exactly set the mood, either.
Because once they're dead, Cyril, they're just hookers!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #213
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I really don't think Powder's grievance really has to do with order of scenes shot. I think his point was, we really know nothing about the movie, and the very first thing we find out for sure is this, and that's kind of a drag. Like, not "Guess what? Casey's definitely in", or anything like that. The first solid news we find out is this. I think that's what he was getting at. Not what scenes were shot first, but simply, that whoever at PD is responsible for releasing information and building a buzz, picked a really puzzling place to start from. "More Vernon. You guys are gonna be so excited."

That's like going on a date, and the first thing you say is, "I'm glad we could get together; it's been really hard for me to date since that whole incident with the dead hooker." Not at all what you want to open the conversation with. It might not ruin the entire thing, but it doesn't exactly set the mood, either.
Bingo again. They could put out almost anything to effectively tease this movie before the on-set reports start to trickle out. How about an Instagram shot of a fingerless-gloved hand clutching a hockey stick (provided Casey's actually in this)? Some kind of Photoshop job of a rhino and a warthog in a lab? Literally anything?

The Deadpool movie's also shooting now, and they've given us teases of the character's mask and gloves, followed by a super cool shot of the full costume today. Stuff that sells the main character and the movie and gets the fanbase excited. TMNT2 has given us... Will Arnett at a basketball game with a supermodel. For a Ninja Turtles movie.

That's how little the people involved care.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #214
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
See, I kind of don't really care all that much about Deadpool, but I agree with you.

There's "Building Buzz", and then there's, "Ehh, they're rubes. We already got their money." It's like, jeez, man, saying it out loud to my face like that is kind of friggin' rude, guys.

It's like taking your wife out to dinner. You know that the BJ is in the bag, but you still gotta buy the meal and treat her nice. It's just a little matter of respect.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #215
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
agreed just ignore TrollorTreater it seems is only existence in life is to troll the movie section
For a guy who tells people to ignore me all the time, you sure do talk about me allllllll the time.

I'm flattered, honestly but...I'm taken.

I'm sorry to break your heart like this but...it just wasn't meant to be.

Maybe in another life our love will flourish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I definitely remember you saying that Japanese Shredder was "secretly" in the movie the whole time, and that Sachs being Shredder was all a big scam... and then the actor himself confirmed that they had basically him come in and shoot a few scenes in an afternoon. And then Sachs was Shredder in both the novel and the video game. And the more it was made clear that the whole thing was a last-minute "fix", the more you insisted that it was planned from the start. That whole thing was tragically hilarious.
And how the "foot" clan would totally be ninjas and use ninja weapons in the movie(they weren't and didn't), how the Turtles weren't super strong and couldn't throw shipping containers around(they were and did), and how the Turtles would be the star of the movie and Megan Fox wouldn't be(they weren't and she was).

So much wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Bingo again. They could put out almost anything to effectively tease this movie before the on-set reports start to trickle out. How about an Instagram shot of a fingerless-gloved hand clutching a hockey stick (provided Casey's actually in this)? Some kind of Photoshop job of a rhino and a warthog in a lab? Literally anything?

The Deadpool movie's also shooting now, and they've given us teases of the character's mask and gloves, followed by a super cool shot of the full costume today. Stuff that sells the main character and the movie and gets the fanbase excited. TMNT2 has given us... Will Arnett at a basketball game with a supermodel. For a Ninja Turtles movie.

That's how little the people involved care.
Exactly. Freaking exactly.

Their first official big thing released besides "we can't believe we're filming the sequel either" is "a couple NBA players and a Victoria's Secret supermodel are getting cameos, isn't that totes boss bros?!"
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:15 AM   #216
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
The Movie Wars: Part 2 are going to be a blast. I can tell.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:37 AM   #217
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Just wait 'till they reveal that the supermodel is playing Rocksteady.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #218
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Just wait 'till they reveal that the supermodel is playing Rocksteady.
ROFL

So just catapult the whole thing into "so bad it's good" territory? You sure about that? lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #219
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
I know I want rhino tits, I don't know about any of you.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #220
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I know I want rhino tits, I don't know about any of you.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
half-shell, the bj is in the bag


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.