The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #221
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I wish Villager was common, his was the only piece I wanted to pick up. & I don't even like the whole Amiibo thing, I just wanted to have a figurine of the current AC protagonist. Poopsie doodle.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #222
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I'm still pissed I didn't buy doubles of him, or at least kept mine in box. I walked passed it for weeks and never bothered to pick it up. Villager would be one of the few Amiibo I'd keep if I ever decided to dump my set. I wish I had known this sh*t was going to explode.

I can't complain too much, though. At least I have him and he looks great next to my AC houses I got years and years ago.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:56 PM   #223
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I'm still pissed I didn't buy doubles of him, or at least kept mine in box. I walked passed it for weeks and never bothered to pick it up. Villager would be one of the few Amiibo I'd keep if I ever decided to dump my set. I wish I had known this sh*t was going to explode.

I can't complain too much, though. At least I have him and he looks great next to my AC houses I got years and years ago.
did you get lucky with how your villagers eyes looked most I have seen they all look pretty messed up
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #224
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
I'm pretty much behind and lost all hope with amiibo's, here in Mexico any deliveries estimations are ignored and then released at random, scalpers buy everything, even the common ones, the only thing you can find at stores is Peach and Luigi and sometimes Zelda. I really wish Nintendo would announce something like re-releases but I don't think they will they'll go the beanie baby route and "retire" amiibo's to keep the trend going which will continue until people will grow tired just like with beanie babies. Here is a good article on Beanie Babies and you can see parallels with what's going on. I do think at first it was Nintendo underestimating demand but by now we can see that it's not that or else newer waves would have more figures. We're only getting more Marth's because of its compatability with that Steam game, but there was no reason Nintendo wouldn't be able to make more Villager's and Wii Fit Trainers.

My ease of mind is that I do think amiibo will continue for the foreseeable future. so we'll eventually get new versions of most of the Smash bros. gang, it's only the lesser known ones that we'll be ****ed until the next Smash game (if amiibo's still exist by then). So yeah I really need to get a Wii Fit Trainer, Mr. G&W, etc. At least the newer Mario Amiibo's look better than the Smash ones so I can look forward to newer King DeDeDe and Metaknight amiibo's whenever they come out.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #225
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I can't complain too much, though. At least I have him and he looks great next to my AC houses I got years and years ago.
I'm somewhat familiar with those from seeing them on ebay (super cute!) but I'd love to see pics of your set up if you have any accessible!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:51 AM   #226
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I wish Villager was common, his was the only piece I wanted to pick up. & I don't even like the whole Amiibo thing, I just wanted to have a figurine of the current AC protagonist. Poopsie doodle.
Same. Before he was rare I would see him a lot. Of course by the time I started playing New Leaf they were all gone.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #227
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm somewhat familiar with those from seeing them on ebay (super cute!) but I'd love to see pics of your set up if you have any accessible!
I'll snap some a little later for sure. Nothing huge or special, but I love those little houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylanders fan View Post
did you get lucky with how your villagers eyes looked most I have seen they all look pretty messed up
Not even close to "most" of them, but yes, mine was fine. I had the opportunity to look through about 6 or 7 of them when I bought mine. The one I had on preorder from Amazon was perfect as well, but I gave it to my nephew.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #228
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
my set is pretty much gonna remain the same till may unless I can find kdd,ike,rosilina,villager,ike,meta knight,wft,or little mac like that will ever happen but who are you guys missing before wave 4 comes out
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #229
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I'm not missing anybody. I have both open and boxed of everyone from Wave 2 and 3, except Lucario and Pit, who I only have NIB. Wave 1 I have all open, because it was before I realized certain Amiibo would be a big deal and become impossible to find.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:41 PM   #230
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
I don't have very many from the previous waves myself, but I'm only collecting the ones I like.

And of the ones I like, I'm missing Lucario, Captain Falcon, Metaknight, Fox, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. If I ever get lucky enough to get a chance at Pit or Little Mac, I'd like them, though, and I may grab Toon Link before he gets too hard to find.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #231
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
And I managed to secure my imports for Greninja and Jigglypuff. Officially done with this wave until they arrive.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:48 AM   #232
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Wave 4 all went up for preorder on Amazon.ca within minutes of the pages going live. Refreshed a few times on Lucina and she popped up for preorder. 1 clicked that sh*t and then waited for the others. Got Charizard, Robin and the Splatoon 3-pack as well, just for safety.

Looks like I got in pretty early, because they were up for about 10 minutes before Reddit caught on and then Robin/Lucina lasted about 5 minutes. They had a 1 per customer limit as well, so that's insaaaaane. This tells me the EB preorders that were still going until nearly 11 this afternoon are going to be a huge f*cking blood bath.

Now we just have to wait and see where the hell we're gonna get Jigglypuff and see how TRU will handle Greninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
And I managed to secure my imports for Greninja and Jigglypuff. Officially done with this wave until they arrive.
Where from and at what cost? I've considered pulling importing some of the exclusives for my open collection.

Edit: Wario, Charizard and Pac-Man are still up on Amazon.ca, which I think is a decent sign they'll be common/uncommon.

Last edited by Peanut; 04-06-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:28 PM   #233
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
I'm getting them through a friend in the UK, reimbursing them at about $20 each. I think they used France Amazon to preorder.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #234
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Hmm. Not too bad. I love the feeling of knowing you've got everything you want covered. Unfortunately, I don't have that quite yet.

Anyways, I've been thinking a little about the SMB Amiibo line that works with MP10 and actually played some of it with my nephew over the weekend. The interesting part of this is that all the characters in the game apparently have support in the "Amiibo Party" feature, but not everyone has an Amiibo...yet. We've seen some shots from the Japanese MP10 site that have shown off the potential second wave of the SMB line, including new designs for Rosalina, Wario and DK, but I've got a feeling the remaining MP10 characters will get an Amiibo in that line as well.

Why is this interesting? Well, today I unlocked the two secret characters in MP10 with my nephew I didn't realize were in the game - Toadette and Spike. Which means a potential final wave for the SMB line could be an all-new line up, including Waluigi and Daisy. GIVE ME THOSE AMIIBO, NINTENDO! PLZ!

Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #235
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
A Waluigi amiibo would make me sooo happy. Him, Yoshi, and Dry Bones are my favorite Mario characters.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #236
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Oh man, I'd love Waluigi and Toadette, myself.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #237
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I'm done. Ness will never be mine. F*ck this.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #238
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Jeez. I really want the Ness figure because I love Earthbound and there's like zero merch for that game, but getting one, if pre-orders are even available where I live anymore, sounds like a total nightmare.

It's hard enough to justify $14 for a little plastic dude, cool as they are. But having to spend this much time hunting them down (or paying out the nose online) is bananas.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #239
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'm done. Ness will never be mine. F*ck this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Jeez. I really want the Ness figure because I love Earthbound and there's like zero merch for that game, but getting one, if pre-orders are even available where I live anymore, sounds like a total nightmare.

It's hard enough to justify $14 for a little plastic dude, cool as they are. But having to spend this much time hunting them down (or paying out the nose online) is bananas.
I love earthbound to but it will be almost impossible for you to find a ness figure for 14 dollars now do to preorders like snake said its crazy preorders lasted for only 2 hours and thats with alll the crashes and messups at gamestop wave 4 is gonna be a pain if you just expect to walk in with not even a preorder good luck all
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:29 PM   #240
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Jeez. I really want the Ness figure because I love Earthbound and there's like zero merch for that game, but getting one, if pre-orders are even available where I live anymore, sounds like a total nightmare.

It's hard enough to justify $14 for a little plastic dude, cool as they are. But having to spend this much time hunting them down (or paying out the nose online) is bananas.
You only needed to be slightly on the ball to preorder Ness in Canada. EB was taking preorders for close to three straight days in-store. It remains to be seen if all of those are honored, but if they are it really is on you for not keeping up. If you really wanted him you'd at least check in daily, let alone over an entire long weekend.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.