The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2015, 09:23 PM   #261
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Wait...Gold Mario isn't exclusive to Walmart anymore?
Not in Canada, where we're routinely f*cked with exclusives, no.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:32 PM   #262
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Holy f*ck. Who ever has that is so lucky. Chris better sell his Rosechu one.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #263
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Holy f*ck. Who ever has that is so lucky. Chris better sell his Rosechu one.
Didn't Toys r us have something about selling customs we need this guy to make some for them to sell.
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:17 AM   #264
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
got my villager in the mail the other day!

I now have every amiibo released in NA, with all of wave 4 pre-ordered.

Bring on the yarn yoshis!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:27 AM   #265
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
I only have Bowser!
:'(
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #266
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
So far for wave 4 I have ness and splatoon set hoping to get greninja and pacman preorded this monday hope that goes well
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:52 PM   #267
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
got my villager in the mail the other day!
NA NIB or what? How much did you spring for it?

Best Buy Canada just put up their Wave 4 pre-orders and BOY WAS IT FUN! They were the last chance to pre-order for a lot of people, so they delayed their release, promised they'd have the site ready for the influx of traffic, and announced when they would drop an hour beforehand. They hit, the site immediately had a breakdown. Massive confusion and no one could get through. When the dust settled about 10 minutes later and the site fixed itself, Lucina and Robin were OOS and the rest were all readily available, as per usual.

I managed to get Lucina and Robin, my second set, for a chance to trade for Jiggly and Greninja if I don't end up scoring those. I'll be on a plane when they hit on the 29th, so my chances of getting either of them is pretty low, unless my sister manages to get one of them.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #268
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Good trading strategy. Hope it works out for you if you don't end up scoring those two, but of course, I hope you do!
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #269
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
Yes!!
Got Sonic and Pikachu!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #270
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
If only I had either a Wii U or 3DS, I want to play Smash Brothers so badly right now. I'm tired of just playing demos at my local stores.

I'd love to get an amiibo of the following:
-Megaman
-Pac-Man
-Captain Falcon
-Little Mac
-Meta-Knight
-Luigi
-Duck Hunt (when he eventually comes out)

Also, do you think Lucas and Mewtwo will now have amiibos in the future now that their fighting characters again?
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:03 PM   #271
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Good trading strategy. Hope it works out for you if you don't end up scoring those two, but of course, I hope you do!
Yeah, I think it'll be an easy trade to pull, considering the FE characters seem to be in the highest demand, while the Pokemon have generally been worth far less, including Lucario. I normally wouldn't be worried about getting the other two exclusives, but like I said, I won't be around when they release, so this was my fallback plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I'd love to get an amiibo of the following:
-Megaman
-Pac-Man
-Captain Falcon
-Little Mac
-Meta-Knight

-Luigi
-Duck Hunt (when he eventually comes out)

Also, do you think Lucas and Mewtwo will now have amiibos in the future now that their fighting characters again?
Good luck on the bolded, man. It might even be too late for Mega Man. Also, they said in the Direct where Lucas was announced that they'd both get Amiibo, which is awesome.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:32 PM   #272
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Lucas and Mewtwo will be exclusives. Mark my words.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #273
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Lucas and Mewtwo will be exclusives. Mark my words.
Mewtwo only available at Japanese Pokemon Centers. Please understand.
(Also what's this about might be too late for Mega Man? I thought he was common...)
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:30 PM   #274
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Right now, Megaman is pretty easy to get, yeah. But the numbers are dwindling and I'd honestly say try to grab him now while you still can. I'd say there's a good chance of him becoming rarer like Fox has.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:06 AM   #275
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Right now, Megaman is pretty easy to get, yeah. But the numbers are dwindling and I'd honestly say try to grab him now while you still can. I'd say there's a good chance of him becoming rarer like Fox has.
yeha by wave 4 I think sonic will be ssb yoshi rare and mega man fox rare
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #276
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
I want Gold Mario to sell on the net. lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #277
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylanders fan View Post
yeha by wave 4 I think sonic will be ssb yoshi rare and mega man fox rare
Lol SSB Yoshi rare? So, not rare at all? Maybe Samus rare, but there were so many Yoshi's out there that they were one of the few Wave 1's to get hit with the $9.99 price cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I want Gold Mario to sell on the net. lol
1) You're a scumbag.
2) Why Gold Mario? He's like the least rare of all the rare Amiibo. Unless you're talking across seas where he isn't even released, but surely will be.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #278
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Nah, in some areas SSB Yoshi is hard to come by. Around here he's pretty much non-existent.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:39 PM   #279
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
That doesn't matter. Current availability is not what determines how rare these are. Yoshi was readily stocked, available and reprinted for the better part of a year. He's not rare. The characters who had single months of manufacturing and recieved one to two restocks are rare. Samus and Fox both had shorter manufacturing times than Yoshi did. SSB Yoshi being phased out for the SMB Yoshi doesn't suddenly make the SSB Yoshi rare.

That's like saying every million selling 360/PS3 game no longer in print is suddenly rare. Not how things work.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #280
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Good luck on the bolded, man. It might even be too late for Mega Man. Also, they said in the Direct where Lucas was announced that they'd both get Amiibo, which is awesome.
Megaman is somewhat uncommon to find, but I know for a fact that those other three are going to be hell in my state. Aw well, better start hunting soon.

Also, hooray for Lucas and Mewtwo amiibos, looking forward to those.
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.