The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2015, 12:52 AM   #281
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
That doesn't matter. Current availability is not what determines how rare these are. Yoshi was readily stocked, available and reprinted for the better part of a year. He's not rare. The characters who had single months of manufacturing and recieved one to two restocks are rare. Samus and Fox both had shorter manufacturing times than Yoshi did. SSB Yoshi being phased out for the SMB Yoshi doesn't suddenly make the SSB Yoshi rare.

That's like saying every million selling 360/PS3 game no longer in print is suddenly rare. Not how things work.
Legit. Not what I was particularly talking about, though -- just saying he's hard to come by for people that want to get him now.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #282
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
NA NIB or what? How much did you spring for it?
EU! I'm not a NIB collector so it helps me keep the costs down in some cases. I paid more than I should have. It was $50 shipped. The seller wanted $75 but I made a lower offer and they accepted. NA versions can go for $90 or 100 pretty easily.

Why would I pay that much? Well, it's way less than a lot of people are wanting for one. And I really wanted to fill that one last hole in my collection so I could have my set complete.

Of course, just a day or so after I ordered it I saw pre-orders for a new run go up for $20 + Shipping... Course, that one is months from arriving even if I had seen that first.

Last edited by Zulithe; 04-26-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #283
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Anybody get a greninja preorder?
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #284
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I got to TRU this morning at about 7:45, and there were already 4 people on line outside. I was 5th in line, and about 10 or so more people showed up after me. My store only had ten pre orders for each character, 1 per customer (I don't know if all stores had that many or if it was just mine) so luckily I was able to pre order Greninja and Pac. Everyone was very mature about it and it was handled very well, not nearly as crazy as I expected it to be. I was a little disappointed to find out that they were only doing pre orders for Greninja and Pac (I had no idea, I thought they were doing all of them) but oh well, it's better than nothing, and I really wanted to get Greninja so it's all good.

I met some awesome people there on the line though, and we talked Nintendo and amiibo the whole time, it was great. The whole thing was actually a pretty fun experience...but this is the first time I've waited outside early for amiibo, so maybe not so fun for people who've been through it a lot before
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #285
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I could not make it to TRU in time to be within the first 10 due to other commitments, so I didn't bother. I do have a greninja ordered on zavvi.com but I've never used them before. I hope they will fulfill it. I know some stores were getting 20 tickets but the line was already at 12 people an hour before opening. Not good odds.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:24 AM   #286
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Lol SSB Yoshi rare? So, not rare at all? Maybe Samus rare, but there were so many Yoshi's out there that they were one of the few Wave 1's to get hit with the $9.99 price cut.



1) You're a scumbag.
2) Why Gold Mario? He's like the least rare of all the rare Amiibo. Unless you're talking across seas where he isn't even released, but surely will be.
No need to be rude. I live in Japan. A friend of mine mentioned wanting Gold Mario and said he hadn't seen it anyplace. I can only assume it might be rare. I'd give one to my friend and sell the other.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #287
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
I got GOLD MARIO today. Awesome!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:18 PM   #288
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Gonna open it up soon.

__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #289
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
Do it my freind set him free
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:41 AM   #290
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylanders fan View Post
Do it my freind set him free
I have, it's sooooo cool. More pics soon!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #291
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
I've been so upset with the whole scalper racket here in the states. But I've had good luck buying foreign.

We got our Ness, Pac-Man, Charizard, and Wario on Tuesday from Japan. The look good, work, and are here way before the U S release. Just happy to have Ness considering the scramble for him
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:43 AM   #292
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
My Pac-Man should be here soon from Germany.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #293
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Some area real pan to get hold of. Some of the stories I have heard about greedy Sculpers
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #294
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Nintendo issued a statement about Amiibo the other day. We'll see if it amounts to anything.

I only ever had the thought of importing once, when I still had the idiotic idea of having both a complete and open Smash set. That thought started with Pit and ended with Lucario. If I ever end up paying over MSRP for an Amiibo, especially any of the commons, I'd feel like a total sh*t sucker.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #295
Skylanders fan
Foot Soldier
 
Skylanders fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: O'Fallon Missouri
Posts: 109
In think we won't get any annoucment of a restock in the US till E3
__________________
Skylanders fan on dark spyro fourms
Skylanders fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #296
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Going to work late so I could try and secure a Jigglypuff preorder via Walmart. I took a 30 second leak and it came up and went down in that time and I wasn't even bothered? I think I'm actually over the "get it all" Amiibo addiction now.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #297
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645


I took Pac-Man to a local Smash tourney and look who he found!
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:21 PM   #298
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
So is anyone going out on Friday to score some Wave 4? I'm heading to Target to hopefully nab a Jigglypuff. (There's supposed to be 25-30 Puffs a store.) I'd like to get Lucina but I heard she's in super limited quantities. Oh well.

Also, the skin feature in Yoshi's Wooly World is a great amiibo usage.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #299
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
I don't need to, I have everybody preordered! :3

But if I have spare cash, I'll go looking for an Inkling Boy maybe. He's so cute.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 08:29 PM   #300
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I'm gonna be on vacation when Wave 4 hits this friday, so I'm gonna wish those of you without preorders luck. I've got everything outside of Greninja and Jiggly pre-ordered, but I've got family on the case. Looks like there might be some unicorn restocks hitting at the same time, so I hope people get lucky with those as well!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amiibo, peanut


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.