![]() |
|
|
#21 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 884
|
Not at all, my home is filled with toys and posters on every division so when friends and family stop by there's no hiding it from them, not only that but I have no problem being what I am, my nickname at work is "geek" and I'm proud of it, my 31st birthday cake was Raphael and my Xmas presents from my girlfriend for the past 2 years has been Turtle related, and I opend them up in front of my inlaws like a 5 year old, my nephew loves to bring his friend to my home to show up his "cool uncle" and that brings a tear to my eyes so that's enough for me, I don't care what people think of me, that's enough to make me happy.
__________________
Life at best is bittersweet |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
I don't hide it. I post Turtles drawings on BookFace sometimes, and I talk about them at work n' stuff. I probably wouldn't casually mention it to a VP at head office or anything, but if they asked I wouldn't deny my love.
I wear a TMNT t-shirt when I'm shopping sometimes, and nobody points an laughs or anything, but I am 6'4" with a bad case of resting bitch face, so people don't give me too much grief in general.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
Posts: 134
|
NOPE I HIDE NOTHING!. I shout it from the roof tops. My house is a turtle fortress, my desk at work is a tmnt shrine and car looks like a 10 year old drives it. I love TMNT I want every one to know.
__________________
Just a small town girl in a great big world.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Hiding your love is like holding your fart. It pains you to keep it inside, you should let it loose and be wild.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
|
I was at the doctor yesterday and was wearing one of my many TMNT t-shirts. The nurse came in and was like, "My [grown up] son still loves TMNT too!" and we proceeded to have a conversation about the TMNT while she got me set up for the doctor. So no, I don't hide it and with reactions like that, why would I?!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
|
I do look forward to society hopefully continuing to grow in it's acceptance of the Turtles being a grown up thing, too. Props to those who are loud and proud about it as you are undoubtedly part of the front line in that push.
Not that I'm not proud... just not a 'loud' one in much of anything, TMNT or otherwise. |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
|
I made this very cool turtle outfit for halloween to wear to a trunk or treat. It had a shell and everything. I even made special shoes with the turtles on them and my friends talked me out of wearing it.
They said I really looked ridiculous and so I chickened out and I wore it to hand out candy at home instead. I had a lot of people recognize that I was Raphael due to the red mask. Anyway, then I see that Rihanna and her friends went as the turtles, she was Raph too. Although, her costume was way cooler than I had, and she had green skin. Money and all behind it. I wish I had seen her first, because it would have restored my geekdom to wear it. As for being embarrassed myself, my car is named Metalhead since it reminds me of him. And I have a full set of TMNT minimates on my desk at work. |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 1,259
|
I know I loved tmnt as a kid. It is actually what got me into drawing and that got me into art. My father won't admit it but he liked tmnt as much as me. He would pick up a toy for me when he left the country on leaved (military). Now I rediscovered my love for them when I started an online store and someone sold me a bunch. It dropped off my radar and its love is back in full swing. Normally when someone makes fun of me for my love, I point out that your average man loves a sport where men wear tight tight pants and hug each other to the ground for amusement. Pretty sure mine is less... hilarious lol
Also I don't hide it. My buddies think its awesome that I got a little retro museum in my apartment lol
__________________
Owner of Hkohles1gaming, kohlesgoods, and hkohles1. https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1 https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming |
|
|
|
|
|
#30 | |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,194
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
|
A New Day, A New Headache
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
|
I don't think I've ever bothered to tell anyone that I'm a turtles fan.
That's it? You just fart as loud as you can even if there are other people in the room? |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
If you're shameless, why not?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
A New Day, A New Headache
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
|
Now I know why you defend the 2014 film so vigorously.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
|
Quote:
![]() I suppose in a way it works...trying to discuss any type of fandom stuff with non-fans might be like trying to discuss your farts with people who have no interest in hearing about them. Well that surely takes some serious Turtle Power. I think my knees would freeze at about, uh, ten feet up, or less. lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
That'd be like me taking off my wedding ring....
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
Nope. I don't hide anything I love/like, be it the Turtles, Avengers or Transformers, to Madonna, CCR or the Beatles. Heck, I've seen people give me weird looks when I tell them that I'm a fan of Megan Fox, Emma Watson, Chloe Grace Moretz, Zac Efron and Logan Lerman. But, I don't care, I just like them and think they do a good enough job in their roles.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Quote:
![]() 2014 movie rules. Ain't no hiding my love fo tmnt.
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|